Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Kwestion….#57

Go down 
+8
Pethead
Normaniac
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Xid
Hardkore
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2021 4:55 pm

Ok, I have a new kwery to ask about. With Thanksgiving coming up this seems to come around at times.

For Thanksgiving dinner how do you prefer your cranberry sauce?

1- from the can
2-you make your own from a recipe

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2021 5:02 pm

#3 - On somebody else's plate.

Guilty/Forgiven and Black Rider like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2021 9:32 pm

Xid wrote:

lol!

I actually prefer the canned stuff myself.  My son-in-law is a pretty darned good cook and he made some from scratch one year and I didn't like it as much as the canned stuff.  I also like the canned version that doesn't have chunks of cranberries in it.  Just nice, smooth and jellied... like the Good Lord intended. 
Laughing

New Kwestion….#57  Jellie10

Through The Dark Radio likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 7:49 am

I like whole berries but the kids hate it. So we buy 2 cans of each. Speaking of turkey day we already have everything for it in the freezer. I could make Thanksgiving dinner today if I wanted to!

For the past 3 years I have done those boneless small birds. I do two of them on the pellet smoker and slow cook them. They turn out awesome and by having 2 birds there are plenty of leftovers.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 10:37 am

Staybrite wrote:

I actually prefer the canned stuff myself.  My son-in-law is a pretty darned good cook and he made some from scratch one year and I didn't like it as much as the canned stuff.  I also like the canned version that doesn't have chunks of cranberries in it.  Just nice, smooth and jellied... like the Good Lord intended. 

AMEN!!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 3:10 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I like whole berries but the kids hate it. So we buy 2 cans of each. Speaking of turkey day we already have everything for it in the freezer. I could make Thanksgiving dinner today if I wanted to!

For the past 3 years I have done those boneless small birds. I do two of them on the pellet smoker and slow cook them. They turn out awesome and by having 2 birds there are plenty of leftovers.

For several years I remember the wife having to do the same thing, buying one can of each type.  For some reason there was someone who really liked the jellied version with the whole craberries in it.  I thought it was her, but it must have been one of the kids (who have all moved out), because now she just get's the "smooth" kind.

What is this boneless bird you talk about?  I would like to try one on the Traeger.  I would still have to make one in the oven though because my wife wouldn't hear of not having a big turkey roasted in the oven.  Rolling Eyes

By the way, great kwestion post Mike!  Thumbs Up
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

AMEN!!!! cheers

lol!  I was hoping someone would give me an amen for that one.  Laughing

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 9:15 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:

lol!

Laughing

New Kwestion….#57  Jellie10

Amen!!! Preach it!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 5:37 am

It's a boneless frozen Butterball. I think they weigh about 3 or 4 pounds. They have them in the freezer section just look for one or if you can't find one, ask. They turn out great on a pellet smoker!
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 7:22 am

No cranberry--BLECH! 'Tis the devil's own!  Very Happy Twisted Evil Laughing
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 2:39 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
It's a boneless frozen Butterball. I think they weigh about 3 or 4 pounds. They have them in the freezer section just look for one or if you can't find one, ask. They turn out great on a pellet smoker!

Fantastic, thanks Mike!

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 5:20 pm

Normaniac wrote:
No cranberry--BLECH! 'Tis the devil's own!  Very Happy Twisted Evil  Laughing

No, that would be egg nog!

Burn the false prophet!!!!   lol! lol! lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 7:13 pm

Egg nog and cranberries are both satanic!

Flee, flee for your lives! The end of food days is upon us!!!  New Kwestion….#57  1f603  New Kwestion….#57  1f60b
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 7:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Normaniac wrote:
No cranberry--BLECH! 'Tis the devil's own!  Very Happy Twisted Evil  Laughing

No, that would be egg nog!

Burn the false prophet!!!!   lol! lol! lol!

Chris, your stake is ready.

Normaniac wrote:
Egg nog and cranberries are both satanic!

Now don't you be giving the Devil credit for the Lord's work.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 1:58 pm

What about deviled eggs?  They seem to be a staple of Thanksgiving dinner (at least in the U.S. version)  Personally I am not a fan but everyone else in my family loves them.

New Kwestion….#57  Devile10

Hardkore and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2021-01-30

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 8:10 pm

My wife makes amazing homemade cranberry sauce. That’s the stuff I want.

Bring on the eggnog! 

I’m ambivalent about deviled eggs.

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 10:01 pm

Deviled eggs are a plus!

Staybrite and Hardkore like this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 7:53 am

Cranberry sauce is flavored snot, not my thing. Egg Nog done right is fine but most of the stuff in the store isn't that great. I can take or leave deviled eggs.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 11:54 pm

Noooooo! Not the CANnnnnn!!!!!!!! I'm going to have nightmares now. It's "Return of the Blob". Love me big berries cooked with orange zest. Yum.
Eggnog? Meh. I'll drink it, but I'm just being social if I do.
Devilled eggs?, Yum, so totally delish. I've never thought about having them for a holiday dinner though. Hmm.
What's everyone's thoughts on sweet potatoes with brown sugar and marshmallows?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 11:10 am

Jen5 wrote:
Noooooo! Not the CANnnnnn!!!!!!!! I'm going to have nightmares now. It's "Return of the Blob". Love me big berries cooked with orange zest. Yum.
Devilled eggs?, Yum, so totally delish. I've never thought about having them for a holiday dinner though. Hmm.

My wife absolutely loves the sweet potatoes (or yams) dripping in brown sugar and browned marshmallows.  I am not a fan myself (to sweet for something that is supposed to be potato like).

Do you have Thanksgiving in New Zealand?  I know that most countries don't have a Thanksgiving or Harvest Day type of celebration.  Although the U.S. and Canada (along with The Netherlands, Germany, the UK and close to a dozen others) celebrate some sort of Thanksgiving not every nation does.

Pethead

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2021-01-30

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 11:28 am

“Eat whatever is set before you.”

-the Apostle Paul (1 Cor 10:27 NKJV)

My life verse. Razz

(Warning: verse taken out of context)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 2:29 pm

Pethead wrote:
“Eat whatever is set before you.”

-the Apostle Paul (1 Cor 10:27 NKJV)

My life verse. Razz

(Warning: verse taken out of context)

Absolutely love the disclaimer!  lol!

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 6:28 pm

Jen5 wrote:
We have a dish that is always a part of the holiday feast that involves sweet potato and brown sugar. We call it Sweet Potato Casserole. Usually it is topped with chopped nuts.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 8:50 pm

Jen5 wrote:
I've tried this foul concoction several times spanning several years.  If you like it, that is fine.  You can have my share.

Nasty bits.

I'm pretty sure what I've tried is actually made with yams and not sweet potatoes.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 10:17 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
We have a dish that is always a part of the holiday feast that involves sweet potato and brown sugar. We call it Sweet Potato Casserole. Usually it is topped with chopped nuts.

This would be the exact recipe for the manna that fell from Heaven for the Israelites!

No, wait!  That's boiled custard!!!

Ok, it could be either one!    lol!

Staybrite and Jen5 like this post

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 5:38 am

Staybrite wrote:
Jen5 wrote:

My wife absolutely loves the sweet potatoes (or yams) dripping in brown sugar and browned marshmallows.  I am not a fan myself (to sweet for something that is supposed to be potato like).

Do you have Thanksgiving in New Zealand?  I know that most countries don't have a Thanksgiving or Harvest Day type of celebration.  Although the U.S. and Canada (along with The Netherlands, Germany, the UK and close to a dozen others) celebrate some sort of Thanksgiving not every nation does.
No. No Thanksgiving here, but I grew up with Thanksgiving in Canada. It's on the second weekend in October. There are no Pilgrims though. It's a harvest festival. Here, in NZ, we have something similar in June. It's called "Matariki." Traditionally it marked the Maori new year. It's a time for family and food and being thankful for the year that's past and the year to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Kwestion….#57  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kwestion….#57    New Kwestion….#57  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Kwestion….#57
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next