Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records   Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 4:34 pm

https://limitedrunmusic.com/ 

https://limitedrunvinyl.com/

Available for preorder starting Friday, remasters of the first 3 DeGarmo & Key albums by Girder Records, on CD and Vinyl
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records   Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 7:11 pm

While I'm a huge D & K fan, I'll pass.  I have every vinyl release they put out plus the downloads of same.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records   Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2021 6:52 am

Those albums and early Sweet Comfort Band fit the 70s sound so well.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records   Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2021 10:48 am

I had to go to youtube to check out these early D&K albums as well as the Steve Powell.  Quality stuff, but very much that 70's AM radio kind of sound that isn't really my thing.  Now if they release some of those mid to late 80's D&K albums that I don't have I will probably be all over 'em.
That Rainbow Promise is something more akin to the late 60's psychedelic Haight-Ashbury kind of thing.

Black Rider and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records   Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 5:01 pm

I like some of their more rock based albums and even those are filled with a ton keyboard ballads.  I can't imagine ever listening to any of their earlier stuff that was mostly guitar based pop.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records   Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 2:09 am

Not really. Most of D & K's older stuff is keyboard-driven, shades of the Doobie Brothers.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records   Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 1:08 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I like some of their more rock based albums and even those are filled with a ton keyboard ballads.  I can't imagine ever listening to any of their earlier stuff that was mostly guitar based pop.

Exactly!

Normaniac wrote:
Not really.  Most of D & K's older stuff is keyboard-driven, shades of the Doobie Brothers.

After cycling through half the tracks on those first few album I can totally hear that Doobie Brothers kind of sound.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records   Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Pre-Orders: DeGarmo & Key - Girder Records
Page 1 of 1