Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARK

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

ARK Empty
PostSubject: ARK   ARK I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:08 am

What a unique rock outfit. Anyone know anything about these guys ?

They are very versatile in experimental metal with sound tidbits shining through that remind me of Whitesnake, Ronnie James Dio, Sammy Hagar, The Police, and even Earthsuit..

I really like this album and would love to hear more of them, but I know nothing about them.
Back to top Go down
HolyRoller

HolyRoller

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-01-06

ARK Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARK   ARK I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:32 am

Which ARK? there have been a few bands by that name. How about an album title. The Ark I have in my collection is a Norwegian hard rock band. But not christian. I think I remember a band from the very early eighties called Ark that was a christian band. Not sure. I'll have to pour through the archives.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

ARK Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARK   ARK I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:53 am

I got a CD-R of ARk -Burn the sun and just listened to it last week. I really dig these guys.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

ARK Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARK   ARK I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:16 pm

Ark was not a "Christian" band. They were lyrically pretty good though. I believe the members have moved on to other projects. They apparently had a self-titled project, but never released anything beyond Burn the Sun.
Back to top Go down
HolyRoller

HolyRoller

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-01-06

ARK Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARK   ARK I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:44 pm

Burn The Sun is the one that I have. This Ark is from Norway. Besides the info from wikipedia I dont know much else beyond that. It does look like there is a s/t debut to be on the look out for.
Heres what wiki says:

Ark was a progressive metal band resulting from the friendship and musical collaboration of guitarist Tore Østby (Conception, DC Cooper, Giant's Playground, Hypose, Redrum, Headcrash) and drummer John Macaluso (TNT, Riot, Spread Eagle, Alex Masi, Yngwie Malmsteen, Powermad), who later joined up with singer Jørn Lande to record two acclaimed albums.
Lande, Østby and Macaluso were joined by Randy Coven (Steve Vai, Steve Morse) on bass and Mats Olaussen (Yngwie Malmsteen) on keyboards for their second effort.

Discography

• ARK (1999)
  • Burn the Sun (2001)

Here is a link to a review of BTS: http://www.houseofshred.com/reviews/ark_burnthesun.htm

Also go to Youtube and search ARK. Theres a bunch of videos plus some solo Jorn stuff. Excellent prog metal.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

ARK Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARK   ARK I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:22 am

Hey, thanks guys for the info.
I kinda thought they weren't a "Christian" band, but I did see some hints of belief in the lyrics, as well as being lyrically "clean".

They rock though, I dig 'em
Back to top Go down
eternal sanctum

eternal sanctum

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-11-19

ARK Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARK   ARK I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:26 pm

Yes! Absolutely LOVE this band!!! However, they are NOT a Christian band. Their singer, Jorn Lande, has done some other very incredible works with mostly clean and positive lyrics as well. He is one of the vocalists in the amazing Allen/Lande project and also did vocals on the first two Masterplan albums. Definitely one of rock's finest singers.

Kmorg (from the CMR) got to meet Jorn and before he did I asked him to talk to Jorn about his spiritual beliefs because he often refers to Jesus on his solo albums. Here is what Kmorg posted after meeting him:~~~
"Last night I attended a local gig here in town, called A Rock 'n' Roll Adventure. One of the singers in this show is Jørn Lande, and I got to meet him (and the rest of the band) after the show. I spefically recall Norm, if I ever got the chance, to ask Jørn about his spiritual situation, regarding the lyrics on his last solo album. So I did, and he answer was pretty much what I expected. He told me that when he sings about angels, Jesus, God or the devil it is becasue he uses symbols that are universialy known. He also told me that he prefers to sing about, and use symbols that to him are positive. There is enough negative and evil symbols in metal as it is, so he prefers to write a little different. Jorn also said that he grew up going to Sunday school, and that this upbringing in Norway, with Christianity as an obligatory study in school, it is very natual to use Jesus and God as the symbols for the good."
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/empyrealsymphony
Sponsored content

ARK Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARK   ARK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ARK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: