Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Internal dialogue?

Go down 
+5
Normaniac
Staybrite
Xid
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 10:54 am

What's your "internal dialogue" like? Are your silent thoughts positive or negative? A little of both? Do you carry guilt for things that are out of your control to begin with? 
Lemme ask this: Do you block bad thoughts by praying right away? 
Do you think badly about yourself? Our thoughts seem to have a lot of power over how we feel and how we go through our day. So when we think negative thoughts about ourselves or carry guilt for things we can't change, it can affect our self esteem, confidence and even our social lives.
How is your thought life? Are you able to steer away from negative thoughts about yourself? What does the Bible say about our "thought lives"?

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 1:13 pm

I definitely struggle with negative inner thoughts.  I always have.  Growing up poor and overweight brought a lot of negative words and deeds from others as I was picked on a lot.  After a while, you can only hear things so many times before you start to believe them.  It effects me quite a bit.

There are also things I have done in my past that I am not proud of.  Some of that guilt still hangs in my mind.

I try to renew my mind as that is one thing the scripture says.  We are to be transformed by the renewing of our minds.  We often teach in the church that we change the heart and the mind will follow, but the Bible seems to teach that changing the mind first causes the heart to follow.  Also, the word tells us to take every though captive to the obedience of Christ.  I haven't mastered this, and could definitely use any prayers anyone would like to give on my behalf.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5513
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 1:57 pm

Taking thoughts into captivity is hard to start but gets easier as you go.  When I realize my thoughts are in the wrong spot I say, "No."  I'll pray.  I'll ask myself why I'm dwelling on it.  As it goes, I've been able to head things off sooner than before.  By no means have I "arrived" but it's getting better in that head of mine.

You aren't alone, Jim.

alldatndensum and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 3:11 pm

I have both negative and positive thoughts.  But probably more negative thoughts as it seems I've been a negative person for at least the last 20 years.  I've always been a "glass half-full" kind of guy.  Expect the worst and you won't be disappointed. So I certainly need to wrangle a bunch of my thoughts as well.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 8:04 pm

It's good to talk and share about things like this, cuz sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy and have such trouble taking thoughts captive. I hear very negative things said in my head, terrible accusatory things and lots of guilt. But I've also been diagnosed as an obsessive, which is why I get something in my mind and cannot for the life of me get it out of my head. It's scary in my head sometimes   Internal dialogue? 1f62c

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 8:55 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
It's good to talk and share about things like this, cuz sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy and have such trouble taking thoughts captive. I hear very negative things said in my head, terrible accusatory things and lots of guilt. But I've also been diagnosed as an obsessive, which is why I get something in my mind and cannot for the life of me get it out of my head. It's scary in my head sometimes   Internal dialogue? 1f62c

When it comes to obsessive thought, we are polar opposites.  Oh, I may think about stuff a long time if it really bothers me.  I just can't hold a train of thought for a long time.  If not for the medicine I take, my mind would run around like a couple of yard dogs.  I get angry at myself when ai don't remember little things I should, but it is so hard to focus on what is going on around me.  I get overstimulated easily and have gotten to be a big homebody because being with other people wears me out.  Then, I feel crazy because I get lonely and I am the one that shut everyone else out.

Life is hard for everyone.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Guilty/Forgiven and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 8:38 am

Quote :
If not for the medicine I take, my mind would run around like a couple of yard dogs.

I'm really hoping the newest RX he put me on will help. It's cool to hear that your medicine helps you

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 10:53 am

I am in the same boat as many as y'all. (Yes, I am an adopted Ozarker.) I have struggled all 54 of my years on planet earth with negative thoughts, impure ones, and other battle-scarring sins. Until 2014. Then the blessed Holy Spirit brought me to a crucial point where I made peace with my past and with my family. God abundantly began to heal me (see Psalm 51, et. al.,). Through the aid of a counselor, much therapy, and life-saving medication, I have embarked on a path of truest healing and daily deliverance. Because of other bodily chemical imbalances, I receive a monthly injection that also aids in physical and mental betterment. While the Lord may choose to heal us with a wave of His holy hand, I have discovered that more often than not, He uses flesh-and-blood persons to assist us. To Him be all glory, Thanksgiving, honor and praise!

topshot rhit, Staybrite and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 11:00 am

God bless you all in your struggles. Please remember that He longs to hold us in His arms if we will desire His closeness, even through our pain and suffering. (It's so hard to write this without crying...and that's okay. ) I love you all so very much. This thread is both a form of holding church and worship. God bless and keep you all!

topshot rhit, Staybrite and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 1:06 pm

My thoughts are usually random. Normally I just "wonder". Sometimes it's almost as if I am a kid. Then if something has me stressed I think about whatever has me stressed. In those moments I find prayer difficult as those thoughts occupy my mind. So I just say "God you know what I need, help me". Sometimes it's the best I can do in a prayer. 

But I never think bad thoughts about myself. Mainly I wonder.... What music will I play on the way home? Do I want music or a MASH podcast today? I wonder what's for dinner? Did everyone have a good day at home? Did my older daughter have a good day at school and work? What will I watch on tv tonight?

See.... A day in the life of Mike. Pretty basic. In my mind I'm a 15 year old but I don't think about pretty females at my age anymore like I did when I was 15 Smile

Guilty/Forgiven and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 8:25 am

I plan to answer this in greater detail later, but this Far Side piece seemed fitting here.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f31/18/27/57/26/1f0f6a10.jpg

alldatndensum, topshot rhit, Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 8:48 am

I struggle to with inner negativie thoughts.
I often think what I do is not good.
Special in the last months they negative things come back.

I ask God to take away the inner negative thoughts.
Sometimes they go awat.

At one day I was reading this"

Trust me by handing over the strings. Give them to me. Let go and know I'm God
Psalm 46:11 Be still, and know that I am God.

That's what I did that day. Giveing God all the strings in my life.

When I see new strings, I give them to God.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3872

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 9:57 am

MikeInFla wrote:
In my mind I'm a 15 year old but I don't think about pretty females at my age anymore like I did when I was 15 Smile

I haven't gotten over that yet, but do hold the thoughts in check much better. What a Face

MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 8:25 am

BearDad wrote:
I plan to answer this in greater detail later, but this Far Side piece seemed fitting here.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f31/18/27/57/26/1f0f6a10.jpg

THAT made my day !!! LOL ! Thanks for sharing that

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 8:33 am

Mike, I think it's fantastic that you don't have negative thoughts that haunt you at times. 

While I don't subscribe to the old "Faith healer" idea of our "thoughts creating reality", there IS a strong connection to my negative thoughts and my anxiety levels, which manifest physically and can devastate me (to the worse case scenario) with panic attacks. So I really have to keep my internal dialogue in check and prevent any one thought from being obsessed over and ultimately causing physical illness due to a mental thought.  I often feel "fragile" with my tendency towards obsessive thoughts, and I hate that about my mind. I've considered therapy, but it would have to be with a psych Dr who is a Christian

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 11:48 am

We need to renew our minds.  The Lord is not going to do it for us.  For Him to do so would be abuse as it He'd be forcing His will upon us.  We have to change the way we think.  Granted, as believers, being washed and born again, our perspective changes and changing the way we think becomes a bit easier.

It's still hard as the "old man" is draggin' the lake for our past.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 2:59 pm

I agree

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 9:45 pm

Xid wrote:
We need to renew our minds.  The Lord is not going to do it for us.  For Him to do so would be abuse as it He'd be forcing His will upon us.  We have to change the way we think.  Granted, as believers, being washed and born again, our perspective changes and changing the way we think becomes a bit easier.

It's still hard as the "old man" is draggin' the lake for our past.

Nice Guardian reference in that!

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 10:15 pm

I thought it would be quite fitting.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 11:07 am

It's good to hear that I'm not the only crazy, miserable sinner here.  Sometimes I certainly can't control those bad thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 9:32 am

No I think you're the only "miserable" sinner, the rest of us are "rotten" sinners

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 7:51 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 3:40 am

Jim,

Saw the latest video. I predict you'll be back at some point! Always look forward to seeing your newest additions to the record collection.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 11:15 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Jim,

Saw the latest video. I predict you'll be back at some point! Always look forward to seeing your newest additions to the record collection.

I'd love things to be like they were, seems everything has changed and isn't getting better. But I hope you're right, we'll see

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 4:02 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
Jim,

I'd love things to be like they were, seems everything has changed and isn't getting better. But I hope you're right, we'll see
Crying or Very sad

Internal dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal dialogue?   Internal dialogue? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Internal dialogue?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: