Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rebecca St. James

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Raluces

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2021-06-08

Rebecca St. James  Empty
PostSubject: Rebecca St. James    Rebecca St. James  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 11:04 am

She had some c00l tunes I saw on Gospel Music TV Programs back in the 90's and 2000's . R u a fan ?

Back to top Go down
Raluces

Rebecca St. James  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James    Rebecca St. James  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 11:05 am

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 22122
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Rebecca St. James  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James    Rebecca St. James  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 5:00 pm

She did three cool rock albums.  The rest of her stuff is either two pop or worshippy stuff

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Raluces likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21850
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Rebecca St. James  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James    Rebecca St. James  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 5:35 pm

I loved that song she did "Your the Voice".  Oddly enough the secular band Heart would cover the same song a few years later on one of their live albums.  I have an old internet friend in Phoenix that really used to love all her stuff (not so sure about now though).

Normaniac and Raluces like this post

Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2017-02-13

Rebecca St. James  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James    Rebecca St. James  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 10:28 am

I was a fan back in the late 90s, have her first three albums. The RSJ debut was definitely pop, Pray and God were much more rock. Can't say I've followed her since then, as I don't listen to radio and have no idea what she's done (other than try some acting and get married).

Speaking of radio, Christian radio is a sad place. Most of radio is, probably. There used to be independent stations where I got turned on to some neat stuff (they'd actually schedule shows with different music formats, what a concept!), but for the most part it's all the same sound, looping every two hours or so, 24/7.

Normaniac and Raluces like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 22122
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Rebecca St. James  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James    Rebecca St. James  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 3:14 pm

ChristTrekker wrote:
I was a fan back in the late 90s, have her first three albums. The RSJ debut was definitely pop, Pray and God were much more rock. Can't say I've followed her since then, as I don't listen to radio and have no idea what she's done (other than try some acting and get married).

Speaking of radio, Christian radio is a sad place. Most of radio is, probably. There used to be independent stations where I got turned on to some neat stuff (they'd actually schedule shows with different music formats, what a concept!), but for the most part it's all the same sound, looping every two hours or so, 24/7.

You can still have that experience, but you have to switch from terrestrial radio to streaming.  There are many internet based stations that can give you different artists and genres.  I don't know so much about indie bands, though.  Even they seem to have to pay to really get included in very many playlists.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Raluces

Rebecca St. James  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James    Rebecca St. James  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 7:54 pm

And what a beautiful woman Rebecca has always been  I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2017-02-13

Rebecca St. James  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James    Rebecca St. James  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 11:17 am

Staybrite wrote:
I loved that song she did "Your the Voice".  Oddly enough the secular band Heart would cover the same song a few years later on one of their live albums.  I have an old internet friend in Phoenix that really used to love all her stuff (not so sure about now though).

Dang, now I want to hear what Heart did with their cover version.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Rebecca St. James  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James    Rebecca St. James  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2021 2:24 pm

My wife and I really liked her back in the 90s. I still listen to “Pray” occasionally. It’s a fantastic album. The worshipful “Omega” at the end is so good.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rebecca St. James  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James    Rebecca St. James  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rebecca St. James
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: