Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?

Go down 
+7
Follower of Jesus
Staybrite
Fundy
Black Rider
Xid
alldatndensum
Raluces
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23612
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?    What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 11:39 am

I liked Swing, Swang, Swung.  Sure it didn't rock out, but the band is really talented and did a good job with their acoustic outing.  I also really dug those three tracks they did for the "Three the Hard Way" EP, I really wish "Almost Home" would have been more like it.

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?    What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 4:44 pm

Just to see, I listened to Almost Home again and I enjoyed King of Fools and, surprisingly, Price We Pay which has an AOR feel and is a rea earworm. Other then that, it doesn't hold my attention.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23610
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?    What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 8:50 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Just to see, I listened to Almost Home again and I enjoyed King of Fools and, surprisingly, Price We Pay which has an AOR feel and is a rea earworm. Other then that, it doesn't hold my attention.

I am thinking of taking Three The Hard Way and adding the rockers from Almost Home and getting rid of the rest of those tracks.  Of course, then you end up with Bottle Rocket Part 2.

That's what I don't get about Almost Home--it feels like they tried to recreate their fans' least favorite album and didn't even get that right.  Were they even trying?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?    What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 6:09 pm

Somewhere they seemed to have forgotten how to do that 80s sound.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23610
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?    What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 7:51 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Somewhere they seemed to have forgotten how to do that 80s sound.

Jamie should have an inkling as he did work with Adrian Gale.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?    What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2021 5:54 pm

But did he write the music?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23612
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?    What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2021 8:11 pm

Black Rider wrote:

I'm pretty certain he didn't write the AdrianGale music at least not on the first album as he claimed to just be a "hired gun" at that point.

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
DANet

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2020-12-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?    What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 1:33 am

Without a doubt my favorite Guardian albums are "Fire and Love" and "Miracle Mile".  I didn't mind Swing Swang Swung, Buzz, or even Bottle Rocket...in those years the rock genre in Christian music was basically non-existent...I was desperate for anything lol.  I definitely felt the disappointment that the albums could have been more rock oriented...but of course with the reality of the music industry at the time it just wasn't feasible.

I'd like to throw in Guardian's "The Yellow and Black Attack Is Back" from 1998.  I ordered that EP online at the time...I loved their take on the Stryper album...

Staybrite wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

I'm pretty certain he didn't write the AdrianGale music at least not on the first album as he claimed to just be a "hired gun" at that point.
I think Jamie wrote many of the lyrics for AdrianGale.  Specifically, I recall "Heather Please" from Reprogram was about his wife Heather at the time and I think he wrote "Faith" from Crunch as well.  Those are a few I remember...but I think there were more...

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?    What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 12:17 pm

Lyrics aren't the same as music though, they just seem unable to write good rock music.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?    What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 4:19 pm

DANet wrote:
I'd like to throw in Guardian's "The Yellow and Black Attack Is Back" from 1998.  I ordered that EP online at the time...I loved their take on the Stryper album...

Totally 100% agree! I like their cover better than the original, except for Com’on Rock. They did a fantastic job on this album!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?    What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 4:46 pm

I loved First Watch, but haven't liked anything after that. In my case, I think it is simply that I don't like Jamie Rowe's voice and has nothing to do with any of their style changes.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?    What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 7:49 pm

I enjoyed Swing Swamy Swung and even dug Buzz, but couldn’t get past Bottle Rocket. Never even heard Almost Home.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?    What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 7:52 pm

I haven’t heard anything from AdrianGale. What genre do the sound like?
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1470
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?    What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 4:06 am

Hard arena rock. Similar to Bon Jovi.

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?    What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think about post "Miracle Mile" Guardian CDs ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2