Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!

Go down 
+6
Jen5
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
topshot rhit
Xid
Staybrite
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2017-02-13

Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 7:57 am

Not a huge PB fan. The only time I ever eat any is when I make cereal bars (scotcheroos). I'll eat it, just prefer not to.

I have tried sun butter though. Wondered if it would be a suitable replacement for our peanut-allergic son. But he doesn't like the flavor. We've probably made him averse to anything resembling peanut products!

I like my jelly sandwiches open-faced, with virtually any flavor of fruit jelly (jam, marmalade, etc) imaginable.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 22186
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 2:27 pm

ChristTrekker wrote:
Not a huge PB fan. The only time I ever eat any is when I make cereal bars (scotcheroos). I'll eat it, just prefer not to.

I have tried sun butter though. Wondered if it would be a suitable replacement for our peanut-allergic son. But he doesn't like the flavor. We've probably made him averse to anything resembling peanut products!

I like my jelly sandwiches open-faced, with virtually any flavor of fruit jelly (jam, marmalade, etc) imaginable.

Oh man nut allergies have to be the worst.  My son's girlfriend from a few years back had nut allergies and she was in the hospital with them every few months.  Sorry you guys are having to deal with that.

I have to say you peaked my curiosity...I've never heard of Scotcheroos.....what are they exactly? scratch   Do they have scotch in them? Twisted Evil

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 2:30 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Peter Pan Smooth peanut butter and either blueberry or strawberry preserves.

I new a guy who worked on a canning ship in Alaska once (huge forearms from operating the mechanical canning press).  It was for Peter Pan Seafoods.
So whenever I hear "Peter Pan Peanut Butter" it also makes me think of "Peter Pan Tuna".....and it instantly brings to mind a horrible sandwich combination.
lol!

Number of posts : 3692
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 2:39 pm

Staybrite wrote:
So whenever I hear "Peter Pan Peanut Butter" it also makes me think of "Peter Pan Tuna".....and it instantly brings to mind a horrible sandwich combination.
lol!
Don't knock it until you try it. Fight

I haven't tried that yet, but one of the meals I'll sometimes make while backpacking is tuna, ranch dressing, sunflower seeds and raisins and/or cranberries rolled into a tortilla.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5091
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 2:47 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Speaking of peanut butter try it on waffles. Awesome!
PB & Waffles is good!  Maple syrup and peanut butter is a good combo.

Staybrite and Black Rider like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 3:38 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
lol!
Don't knock it until you try it. Fight

I haven't tried that yet, but one of the meals I'll sometimes make while backpacking is tuna, ranch dressing, sunflower seeds and raisins and/or cranberries rolled into a tortilla.

I'm not a big fan of tuna, but I would totally eat that wrap if it was with chicken or turkey instead.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 3:39 pm

Xid wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

& fried chicken too?

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 4:28 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

& fried chicken too?
Oh, you silly!

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 5:24 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I have to say you peaked my curiosity...I've never heard of Scotcheroos.....what are they exactly? scratch   Do they have scotch in them? Twisted Evil

LOL, you're a funny one. They're a super easy-to-make bar. Nice alternative to the traditional rice krispie bar. Very easy to remember the recipe. Carb overload, but yummy.

6 c rice krispies (or you can sub up to half of this with a different cereal like cheerios or chex)
1 c white sugar
1 c corn syrup
1 c PB
1 c chocolate chips
1 c butterscotch chips

Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Put cereal in a large bowl.

Heat the sugar and syrup together in a medium pan, medium heat, stirring occasionally. Just before it starts to boil, add the PB and stir constantly until melted in.

Pour the mixture over the cereal in the bowl and stir by hand until it's well coated. Then press it lightly into the 9x13 pan.

In a small pan, melt the chips together, medium-low heat. A small bit of veg oil helps it not be lumpy. Stir frequently so it doesn't scorch. Spread over the bars. Let the candy mix firm up, then cut.

Keep the pan covered. They tend to dry out fairly quickly.

Personally I like to bias the 2c of chips a bit more toward butterscotch. I've also thought of using cocoa krispies, and all butterscotch chips for the top.

Last edited by ChristTrekker on Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Staybrite and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 4:46 pm

Oh wow that sounds absolutely fantastic.  I gotta try my hand at making a batch of those.

ChristTrekker likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 22369
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 9:27 am

My wife didn't want anything last night, so I fixed a couple of PB&J sammichs for supper.  Yum-yum!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 11:58 pm

I like peanut butter.

Staybrite and rockerVu2 like this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16136
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 9:52 am

I don't like peanut and jelly sandwiches.
What I like is peanut and chocolate sprinkles.

Xid likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 4:25 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I don't like peanut and jelly sandwiches.
What I like is peanut and chocolate sprinkles.

Peanut butter and chocolate sprinkles.
Or maybe chopped peanuts with sprinkles (that would be great on ice cream).
Either way it sounds great to me! Thumbs Up

rockerVu2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16136
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 2:00 pm

I like peanut butter with bigger chunks in it.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 2:11 pm

Extra Chunky!
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 2:58 pm

Jelly, jam, marmalade, all good. Vegemite I think I'll give a hard pass, based on what I've heard.

Sunbutter is a bit different than PB, but similar. Not bad. But I like to snack on sunflower nuts.

You know you can get PB&J in a jar, so you don't even have to deal with separate ingredients? And even pre-made sammiches you keep in the freezer? I'm just SMH here... When the easiest sammich in the world is too much effort, that says something.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 3:18 pm

ChristTrekker wrote:

You know you can get PB&J in a jar, so you don't even have to deal with separate ingredients? And even pre-made sammiches you keep in the freezer? I'm just SMH here... When the easiest sammich in the world is too much effort, that says something.

They do something weird to either the jelly or the peanut butter in those jars that have both in there together that makes it not taste right.  I remember having a PB&J sandwich made with it a few times and it just doesn't taste right.

Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 Goober10

topshot rhit likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 5:32 pm

I don't care for the premix either.

topshot rhit and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: