Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!

Go down 
+6
Jen5
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
topshot rhit
Xid
Staybrite
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 22191
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 3:41 pm

Ok folks, I think it's time for another Dumb Kwestion!  This one is inspired by my lunch today.  Mrs Staybrite and I have sold our house and will spend the next 5 weeks living in a small AirBnB rental (it's a small garage converted into a studio sized apartment).  There is substantially less space in this little space, so she purchased some limited staples for use to make lunches and diners with.  Today I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch (PB&J).  I haven't had one of these for years.  The wonder bread is nice and fresh (so super soft) and I used my old favorite crunchy JIF brand peanut butter with Concorde grape jelly.

Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! Pbj10

So here is your question.  Do you like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?  Crunchy or smooth peanut butter?  Natural or old-school peanut butter? What kind of jelly (or jam...or apple butter) do you like?  White bread or wheat (or something else)?

For our non-United States members....have you ever had peanut butter?  What do you eat for sandwiches if you don't have peanut butter?  I know the Brit's love their toast and marmalade.  But what about our Canadian neighbors to the North (poutine sandwiches?)?  What about our other brother's and sisters in Europe and Oceania?

Xid

Number of posts : 5093
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 4:12 pm

I still like PB&J.  But I like peanut butter.  Right now I've got Jif Extra-Crunchy.  I prefer crunchy over creamy but won't hold my nose against creamy, because I like peanut butter.  I like Adam all natural peanut butter, too.  As for jams and jellies,  there's strawberry, grape, raspberry & marmalade.  I've even had cherry jam.  My mom used to make blackberry jelly which was wonderful.  One delightfully delectable combination is peanut butter and honey.  Mmm, mm, mm, m, M!

Did I mention that I like peanut butter?

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 5:54 pm

Ate PBJ nearly every day in my school age years. Will still make one every so often. Now I prefer crunchy PB and strawberry jam, but just about any kind of jam is OK - jalapeno is the bomb. Thumbs Up Sometimes I use Nutella. Hubba hubba

Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 5:59 pm

Nutella is the filling inside Ferrero Rocher candies.

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 9:21 am

Eat them on occasion. Any peanut butter is good but I prefer extra crunchy. Sometimes all we have is sugar free jelly and that doesn't spread very well but you have to make sacrifices with a diabetic child.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 2:05 pm

Xid wrote:
I still like PB&J.  But I like peanut butter.  Right now I've got Jif Extra-Crunchy.  I prefer crunchy over creamy but won't hold my nose against creamy, because I like peanut butter.  I like Adam all natural peanut butter, too.  As for jams and jellies,  there's strawberry, grape, raspberry & marmalade.  I've even had cherry jam.  My mom used to make blackberry jelly which was wonderful.  One delightfully delectable combination is peanut butter and honey.  Mmm, mm, mm, m, M!

Did I mention that I like peanut butter?

Oh man that reminds me, my aunt made Bing cherry jamb once upon a time.  That was amazing.  I gotta see if I can find some cherry jam.  I'm actually using the extra crunchy peanut butter too.  I spread it out on the bread this morning and noticed a half a peanut (now that's seriously crunchy).  I won't turn my nose up at creamy PB either, but if I have a choice I will always go crunchy.

topshot rhit wrote:
Ate PBJ nearly every day in my school age years. Will still make one every so often. Now I prefer crunchy PB and strawberry jam, but just about any kind of jam is OK - jalapeno is the bomb. Thumbs Up Sometimes I use Nutella. Hubba hubba  

My daughter is a huge fan of Nutella, I wonder if she's tried it in a sandwich?  Do you use it in place of the jelly or peanut butter, or maybe on it's own?

MikeInFla wrote:
Eat them on occasion. Any peanut butter is good but I prefer extra crunchy. Sometimes all we have is sugar free jelly and that doesn't spread very well but you have to make sacrifices with a diabetic child.

Gotta confess I've never tried sugar free jelly.  How does it taste?

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 22370

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 2:26 pm

I love some PB&Js!  I like both creamy and crunchy peanut butter, but I always buy the creamy as that is all my wife will eat.  For jelly, give me blackberry, grape, or strawberry.  I prefer blackberry to all of them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 3:41 pm

Sugar free is weird. Tastes ok I guess after you get used to it but it just doesn't spread well. Kind of clumps to the bread.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 4:03 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
... I always buy the creamy as that is all my wife will eat.
Which is why we have both kinds at our house.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 7:50 pm

Staybrite wrote:
My daughter is a huge fan of Nutella, I wonder if she's tried it in a sandwich?  Do you use it in place of the jelly or peanut butter, or maybe on it's own?

Yes. What a Face

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 3:53 am

bleh, bleh, pettooie. If I even smell PB, I turn and walk out of the room.  🤣
Definitely not a fan of peanuts. I DO love sunflower seed butter though which is kind of the same thing.
I can't imagine SFB with jelly though. Is jelly that flavoured gelatine stuff that jiggles? Cause that's what jelly is here. But that doesn't make sense. Why would you put PB with that? No, I think I'm forgetting something from my childhood in Canada. I would have SFB with jam though. Jelly would be weird.  🤣
Vegemite sammies are the thing here. Yum.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 22370

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 7:14 am

What exactly is a vegemite sandwich?  

I have tried sunflower and almond butter.  Those are just disgusting once you have had real peanut butter.

Jelly is that fruity gelatinous stuff that jiggles.  It is technically still a jam but the fruit juice is used instead of the actual fruit.  You crush the fruit and discard anything chunky. 

With jam, pieces of the fruit are in it.  You still crush the fruit, but you leave the pieces in your gelatin.

With fruit preserves, the pieces of fruit are even bigger.  You can crush them, but most folks that make their own here in the southern USA tend to just cut up the fruit into small chunks and use it that way.

All three are amazing!  Jelly and jam work well with a peanut butter sandwich.  Jam is better on a hot biscuit or toast in my opinion.

Man, now I wish I had some of my grandma's peach or pear preserves.  Those were the bomb dot com!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 1:48 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Is jelly that flavoured gelatine stuff that jiggles?

No, that would be Jello. Jelly is totally different (made with real fruit) though globs of it could still jiggle since texture is sort of similar.

Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 1:55 pm

Vegemite is a thick, black, salty spread. It's made from brewer's yeast, combined with salt, malt and vegetable extracts. Sounds horrid. Probably is horrid, but if you grew up on the stuff like I did, it's yum.

This is jelly (jello. thank you topshot 😂)....

I can't believe what you can find on the internet.   😂😂😂
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 3:31 pm

I'm guessing if you didn't grow up with vegemite you probably won't like it.  I tried a little once smeared on a cracker.  Very yeasty and saltly....not a pleasent experience.  I can see if you grew up with it having a fond nostalgia.

I have never tried sunflower seed butter, but I'm certainly willing to give it a shot.  I have tried almond butter though and find it quite tasty.

Just like Alldat and Topshot said, jelly is much like jam only without the pieces of fruit or seeds that you get in jam (kind of like they strained anything solid out of the jam before it set up and call it jelly instead of jam).

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 4:21 pm

I said, "Do you speak my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich

Definitely an acquired taste that I do not care for.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 4:31 pm

Yup, definitely acquired. But have you tried it grilled with cheese and ketchup Question Question Question

It's called a mousetrap:rotfl:

...a Kiwi classic

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 5:26 pm

Can't say that I have.  Doesn't sound very pleasant.

Though I have had grilled cheese with ketchup.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 5:49 pm

Mousetraps are the bomb. Love em
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 5:53 pm

Here's a weird one. I spent much of my childhood in Canada and was born there. My Dad's favourite sandwich was peanut butter, mayonnaise, and lettuce. Anyone here tried that combo? As someone who doesn't like peanuts, I actually found it interesting (as a kid anyway). Kind of like a satay salad
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 6:12 pm

I've never tried peanut butter and mayonnaise but I've heard it's actually pretty good.  Sounds snasty to me but hey, I love the bagpipes.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 6:52 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Here's a weird one. I spent much of my childhood in Canada and was born there. My Dad's favourite sandwich was peanut butter, mayonnaise, and lettuce. Anyone here tried that combo? As someone who doesn't like peanuts, I actually found it interesting (as a kid anyway). Kind of like a satay salad

Shocked  I'm not sure I'm adventurous enough to try that combo.

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2021 5:41 pm

I will eat a PBJ and orange marmalade is my favorite but I prefer a just PB sandwich with about a half inch of PB on it and make it as crunchy as possible. No white bread either, I'm not 12 anymore.  Very Happy Vegemite is gross and I notice it's mostly south of the equator that eats it so I figure there's something wrong with those folks.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4308
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2021 5:12 pm

Peter Pan Smooth peanut butter and either blueberry or strawberry preserves.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 5:12 am

Speaking of peanut butter try it on waffles. Awesome!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!   Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion #55: PB&J Sammiches!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: