Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ugent Prayers for John Evans

Go down 
+10
rockerVu2
deathisgain
Xid
Staybrite
Black Rider
ChristTrekker
Normaniac
Fundy
alldatndensum
Jen5
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 8:21 pm

Glad to hear you and the family are doing better.  Praying you will have a complete recovery (and soon).

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5503
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 8:58 pm

Glad you and yours are on the read to recovery!

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 9:04 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 9:01 am

JLE3 wrote:
I am in your debt.

We'll expect the next killer album by July 4 then. Shocked Twisted Evil

Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 11:25 am

"Update: Caroline was taken back to the hospital yesterday. She is not doing well today. They will be placing her on a ventilator and moving her to ICU. If there was ever a time for the strongest, most powerful prayers now is the time. We need your help. She needs your help. Please pray for my wife and the mother of my children."

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 1:20 pm

Saw that about Caroline. Still praying.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 2:48 am

Update: This evening the nurses told me that Caroline had a good day. Her reliance on the ventilator has been steadily decreasing. Tomorrow, based on if she continues to improve, they MAY and I stress MAY try to bring her out of paralysis and start to ween her from the ventilator. But even if that doesn't happen tomorrow I am cautiously optimistic that we will get there eventually. I don't know if we've actually turned the corner yet. I hope to know more tomorrow.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

rockerVu2 and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 1:12 pm

I hope the improvement will continue for Caroline.
That she's going in the right direction again.

How are the kids doing?

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 2:19 pm

Praying she will continue to recover!

Here is a recent update from John today
John Evans on Facebook wrote:
Update: I'm told when on a ventilator they will give you meds to paralyze you and also meds to keep you sedated. The first step in getting off of the ventilator would be for them to stop the paralytic drugs to see how your body responds. They stopped the paralytic drugs on Caroline this morning and so far it has been 4 hours and she has responded well. They told me they probably won't push it much further today and they will just keep watching to see how she does without them. Then if all goes well we may have some new goals for tomorrow.

rockerVu2, deathisgain and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 2:22 am

Update: So we had a setback today. I spoke with the doctor and after taking Caroline off of the paralytic drugs she lasted about 5 hours and then couldn't handle it so they had to put her back on them. They said she is utilizing about 50% of the ventilator which is encouraging, but warned that this may be a long process, possibly 10 to 14 days. Each day they will hope she gains more strength and each day they will attempt to get her off the paralytic drugs, but this may be a back and forth for a while.

The kids and I are doing ok. We are going to try and facetime with her tomorrow. Of course she is sedated but they say that sometimes under sedation the patients do remember hearing their loved ones talk to them, so we are going to give it a try.

Thank you all for the generous donations through meal train and for your love and support.

When Caroline finally pulls through this she is going to be pissed at me for giving all of these updates publicly. But so many of you love her and want to know what is happening that I just don't know what to do other than share here. I can't call everyone to update them. It's too hard. I just keep thinking that the more people know then the more people will keep her in their thoughts and pray for her, so how could that be a bad thing.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

BearDad and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 2:22 am

Let's all continue to pray for Caroline (and the rest of the family too)

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

rockerVu2, BearDad, deathisgain and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 7:22 pm

Still praying for Caroline (and John) praying she will pull out of this soon and no longer need the ventilator.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 12:05 am

Amen.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 3:49 am

I second that.
Amen. Amen.

Thank you Gary and Peter for posting the updates here. Much, much appreciated. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 8:48 am

Praying for them, that has to be tough.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 2:12 am

Update 9: Today Caroline was about the same. Overnight there were some complications with her BP spiking and her extremities being cold but they upped her sedation to get the BP in line and did some scanning to determine that she does not have any blood clots in her extremities. This evening they are going to try and remove the paralytic drugs again, so we will see if she can handle it this time and hopefully have at least that first step to getting off the ventilator underway. But if it doesn't work then she will go back on the drugs and they will just try again another day. Also they ordered another scan of her lungs just to double check for clots there too so hopefully that will come back clear.

I'm hoping these things will all be successful tonight so that I may have good news in the morning. We will see.

The kids are doing good. They have stepped up and we have rallied around each other to get through each day. They are such good kids.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 2:15 am

Update 10: Yesterday at 5pm they began to take Caroline off of the paralytic drugs. This was the second time trying this. This first time she made it 5 hours and then they needed to put her back on them. This time, as of now she is still off of them, so that piece seems to be going well. This morning the nurses told me that they were going to try and slowly reduce her sedatives throughout the day and try to wake her up. However, when I spoke with the Dr. this evening she told me that that did not go so well and they needed to put her back under sedation. They will try this again though in another day or two so we keep our fingers crossed that the next time it works. And finally they did identify a blood clot in her right lung so there are some concerns about that but they are watching it closely and increased her blood thinners.

So the Dr. told me that her condition is still about the same and we just need to continue to take things day by day. She said that it's common for progress to be slow with COVID complications.

I wish I had better news to share today. I struggle with these updates sometimes.

I wanted to say to all of you, everyone praying for my wife, those of you sending me friend requests (I am accepting all at this point so people can read my updates), and all of those who don't know me but have reached out to me because you know Caroline or just reached out because you know my music or whatever... I cannot express how grateful I am to you all for your touching words, prayers, and extremely generous donations. It amazes me how many lives my wife has touched over the years.

She is going to pull through this. And when she does she will be mad at me for making these posts, so you will all need to help me with that so hopefully I won't be in the doghouse for too long. And she is also going to be pissed when she finds out that Tom Brady has made it to another super bowl! For those of you that know Caroline you know how much she loves posting hilarious Tom Brady memes. And as a Jets fan her whole life Tom Brady has become her arch nemesis!

Please keep the prayers coming. God will hear this army rallying behind her!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 8:37 am

That's what I do, praying for Caroline.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 8:49 am

Still praying for her.

Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 9:49 am

To all. Your prayers and support are amazing and I can't thank you enough for them. My family needs all the help it can get at the moment and these posts are comforting for me to read.

topshot rhit, Fundy, MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 12:50 pm

We will continue to pray for you every day.  God bless you all, and I hope things improve for Caroline swiftly.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 3:54 pm

Still praying for Mrs Evans, you and your children.  I know this can't be easy for any of you.  But I trust God can and will bring her out of this and bring you all back together.  Praying it happens soon.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5503
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 9:24 pm

Prayers and prayers!

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 2:20 am

Update 11: No real change today. She is still off of the paralytic but today they just let her rest and didn't do much with her. The Dr. said that tomorrow they may try again with taking down the sedation but this time do it very slowly. A process that sounded like could take a few days.

We did another Skype video call with her tonight and talked with her for about 20 minutes. It's tough for the kids to see her like that but we're hopeful that maybe she could hear us talking to her. I guess we will find out when she wakes up! We spilled the beans to her about Tom Brady but she didn't budge Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 1f641

I can tell the dog isn't himself. I know he is wondering where Caroline is. We're trying to keep him busy with toys and treats.

Tomorrow will be one week that she is on this ventilator but it feels like a month. This is like torture. I still can't believe how so many people seem to get over COVID rather unscathed but for some reason it just devastated Caroline. It doesn't make sense. Why her? She doesn't deserve this.

Even when she gets off the vent the Dr. said there could be permanent damage and/or long term complications from all of this. They won't know for sure until they get her off of it and then conduct more tests.

I'm trying to stay positive but there are still a lot of unanswered questions at this point.

Kids are doing good. Caroline will be proud to learn that I have them doing their own laundry and actually cleaning up after themselves Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 1f642 They are good kids and really pitching in.

My cough is pretty much gone at this point so I think my pneumonia is gone. I've felt pretty good all week so I think my personal COVID experience is definitely over.

Let's pray for some progress tomorrow and over the weekend.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 2:48 am

Update 12: So they tried last night to reduce the sedative and it did not work, BUT the Dr. told me today that Caroline had a good day today. Her ventilator settings are at their lowest and they are going to keep trying to reduce the sedative over the weekend. I guess it may be common for the process to take several tries? I don't really know. But the Dr. said she is optimistic that at some point over the weekend they will get her off of it. For the first time the Dr. today actually sounded positive and encouraging. Normally they are pretty straightforward and won't really commit to anything. But today the Dr. actually seemed like Caroline was doing better and will probably get off the thing soon! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

There wasn't much else. Vitals good. Blood clot still under observation. Managing medication side effects, etc.

Let the army of prayer warriors continue until this gets resolved once and for all. But I'm encouraged and think we're finally headed in the right direction now.

I spent most of this evening writing and recording her a little tune. I'll post it in a bit. I can't sing so it's just instrumental but maybe someday someone will write words to it and make something of it. I haven't written a song in months but today it was therapeutic to get back into it and write something.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ugent Prayers for John Evans   Ugent Prayers for John Evans - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ugent Prayers for John Evans
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next