Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD

Go down 
+5
Through The Dark Radio
Jen5
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Staybrite
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2021 4:43 pm

Ok I got a food related Dumb Kwestion for all of you (been a while since we did one of these).

Are there certain foods that you have to eat in conjunction with another food?

The one that immediately springs to mind with me is Pot Roast.  My wife loves this dish (especially prepared in the slow cooker), but I am almost certain we have never eaten it without potatoes and carrots (usually thrown in the slow cooker with the roast).

Another is spaghetti with garlic bread.  I actually get a little bent out of shape of someone makes a simple dish of spaghetti with meat sauce (or meatballs) and doesn't also make garlic bread!

When I was a wee little lad I used to insist that my mother make cheese sauce anytime she made broccoli.  Now that I'm an adult I love some steamed broccoli with just a little butter and salt.  But when I was younger I pretty much refused to eat it unless it came smothered in cheese sauce.

So how about you?  What foods do you eat that always seem to have another food with it?  Like corned beef and cabbage, peas and carrots.

rockerVu2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2021 6:37 pm

With a pot roast, one should have potatoes, carrots, and onions.  They should be slow cooked in the Crock Pot.

With polish sausage, I want macaroni and cheese.  My wife wants kraut, but I can take it or leave it.  I will eat it if she cooks it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2021 8:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
With a pot roast, one should have potatoes, carrots, and onions.  They should be slow cooked in the Crock Pot.

With polish sausage, I want macaroni and cheese.  My wife wants kraut, but I can take it or leave it.  I will eat it if she cooks it.

Oh man I love me some Polish (or German) sausage with sauerkraut, but my wife can't stand it (the kraut that is)...so I don't make it as often.  I have to confess I've never thought of Polish sausage with mac and cheese, but it sounds like a good combination.  I remember my mom (and sometimes my dad) adding sliced hot dogs or even diced ham to a box of mac and cheese when I was growing up and they both tasted great together.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 7:25 am

The diced ham sounds good, but not the hot dogs for some reason.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 8:47 am

Shoarma with flat bread.
StayBrite, I'm a real sauerkraut fan.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 3:10 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Shoarma with flat bread.
StayBrite, I'm a real sauerkraut fan.

I had to look of Shoarma as I hadn't heard of it before.  Looks like a slightly spicy chopped lamb/chicken/pork dish that is usually eaten with flat-bread or pita bread (looks to be the same as "shwarma" which is the spelling I'm familiar with).  Yummy stuff!

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 9:05 pm

Sauerkraut with bacon. Sacrilegious to eat sauerkraut without bacon!
Apple pie and vanilla ice-cream
Barbecued steak MUST have barbecued onions to go with it   Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 12:36 pm

Brisket with potato salad/cole slaw
Spaghetti with garlic bread
Spicy wings and fries with ranch dressing for dipping
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 1:29 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
That's interesting. I'd eat brisket corned with hot potatoes of some sort (usually roasted), never cold salad. That's probably because I only make it in the winter and I only make potato salad in the summer, usually to go with barbecued chicken.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 2:51 pm

We all know about Murphy's Law – Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
But have you heard of Cole's Law? It's thinly sliced cabbage.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 2:51 pm

I apologise

Fight

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 3:04 pm

Fundy wrote:
I apologise

Fight

I'll help you.

Fight
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 3:07 pm

Jen5 wrote:
That's interesting. I'd eat brisket corned with hot potatoes of some sort (usually roasted), never cold salad. That's probably because I only make it in the winter and I only make potato salad in the summer, usually to go with barbecued chicken.

Well, here in the States, we usually smoke the brisket (which is the proper way to do it  Very Happy) and that's done from early Spring to late Fall. Although here in Texas, we'll do any and every time  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 4:19 pm

Sounds yummy. I've only been to Texas once, but I didn't have the pleasure of trying the smoked brisket. Instead I tried the ribs. They were gorgeous, though I could have used a lot fewer on my plate! Biggest order of ribs EVER!!!
The only smoked meats I'm used to having is fish. Lots of smoked fish.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 3:02 pm

Smoked brisket?  Smoked fish?  How do you get those in the rolling papers?

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 3:04 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Okay, so is anyone going to do the honours on this one or does it have to be me?

...now where's that stick

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 3:54 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Barbecued steak MUST have barbecued onions to go with it   Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Oh wow, sauerkraut with bacon sounds really good.  I have actually fried sliced cabbage with bacon before and that is really good.
My father always wants his apple pie warm with a slice of cheddar cheese on it.  Rolling Eyes
How do you BBQ/grill onions and not have them fall into the coals?  I have sliced them and put them on skewers before to grill and they turn out pretty good that way (but you do need to add a little oil to them so they don't dry out too bad).

Spaghetti with garlic bread
Spicy wings and fries with ranch dressing for dipping

Yumm brisket!
So do you dip the wings or the fries in the ranch dressing (or possibly both).  My psychopath daughter always wants to dip her pizza in ranch sauce.  No

Fundy wrote:
We all know about Murphy's Law – Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
But have you heard of Cole's Law? It's thinly sliced cabbage.

Stupid  Oh gosh, you just can't take some people anywhere.

alldatndensum wrote:
lol! ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 3:58 pm

Everything taste better with ranch dressing, you didn't know that?  Hubba hubba

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 4:26 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Jen5 wrote:

Oh wow, sauerkraut with bacon sounds really good.  I have actually fried sliced cabbage with bacon before and that is really good.
My father always wants his apple pie warm with a slice of cheddar cheese on it.  Rolling Eyes
How do you BBQ/grill onions and not have them fall into the coals?  I have sliced them and put them on skewers before to grill and they turn out pretty good that way (but you do need to add a little oil to them so they don't dry out too bad).
My Mum likes cheese on her apple pie too. Very weird. Though a slice of cheese with apple is nice, why ruin apple pie {insert angelic chorus here} with a slice of cheese. I don't get it.
Onions? I have a cast iron plate I place on the grill. Works a treat. They get that smokey flavour without the char from flame.

Try this and you will never look at sauerkraut in the same way:
Medium heat, fry one onion (I use olive oil, but butter is good too, provided you keep the heat low and don't scorch it). Add bacon chopped (I use kitchen scissors, chopping strait into the pan). I don't serve this with crispy bacon. If you want crispy you should start the bacon on higher heat before adding the onion and turning the heat down 
Add fermented sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
stir in a dollop of butter and some brown sugar (a couple tablespoons is what I use but some people like it sweeter)
cook until kraut starts to darken
add a couple splashes of apple cider vinegar (white vinegar or wine vinegar works in a pinch)
cook the liquid down. 
S&P to taste
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 4:28 pm

this recipe is also nice with fresh cabbage
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 9:22 pm

Whenever I have Cheerios I have to have milk on them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 10:13 pm

Xid wrote:
Whenever I have Cheerios I have to have milk on them.
Oh, but cheerios are so good on their own!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2021 10:53 pm

Ok, make it Raisin Bran.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2021 11:50 pm

You mean that cardboard stuff?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 12:15 am

The off-brands can be.

Beer Battered Fish:  Gotta have tartar sauce.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD   Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion #54..... FOOD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next