Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Crushing (w/DT)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

The Crushing (w/DT) Empty
PostSubject: The Crushing (w/DT)   The Crushing (w/DT) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2020 6:28 pm

The Crushing...from the album DM1 Re-Vocalized. The album drops tomorrow wherever digital music is sold! CD available on 11/13/20 via Roxx Records!

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Crushing (w/DT)   The Crushing (w/DT) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2020 7:56 am

Rockin' Headbang

JLE3 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The Crushing (w/DT)   The Crushing (w/DT) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2020 10:10 am

Musically I like it. Vocally, I'm having a hard time with Dale's voice lately, want him to sing less gutterally. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Crushing (w/DT)   The Crushing (w/DT) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2020 3:55 pm

I like it, but I have a hard time listening to the growling vocals underneath Dale's vocals.  It is highly distracting to me.  

Imagine going into a packed restaurant when you are tired with a handful of friends.  The conversation is hard to always lock onto just because of all the din around you.  For those with different types of attention deficits, this is extremely difficult and exhausting because there is just too much sound that overwhelms you.

Having the growling vocals going beneath Dale's lead vocal, for me, does exactly that.  I would recommend pulling it even further back in the mix or nixing it altogether.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: The Crushing (w/DT)   The Crushing (w/DT) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2020 4:24 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I like it, but I have a hard time listening to the growling vocals underneath Dale's vocals.  It is highly distracting to me.  

Imagine going into a packed restaurant when you are tired with a handful of friends.  The conversation is hard to always lock onto just because of all the din around you.  For those with different types of attention deficits, this is extremely difficult and exhausting because there is just too much sound that overwhelms you.

Having the growling vocals going beneath Dale's lead vocal, for me, does exactly that.  I would recommend pulling it even further back in the mix or nixing it altogether.

Yeah that was something we discussed (having both vocals) and decided to do it on this song. No going back. It's released today Smile
 But food for thought when it comes to DM2!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Crushing (w/DT)   The Crushing (w/DT) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2020 6:30 pm

I dig it! Dang John you are a song writing machine. 
I also dig the contrasting vocals, gives the song depth/texture.  Would probably be too much if every song was like that though.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Crushing (w/DT)   The Crushing (w/DT) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 8:18 am

JLE3 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Yeah that was something we discussed (having both vocals) and decided to do it on this song. No going back. It's released today Smile

Is this the only song like that?  If so, I may still get this.  If all of them are like this, I would definitely sit this one out.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Crushing (w/DT)   The Crushing (w/DT) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 8:18 am

JLE3 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Is this the only song like that?  If so, I may still get this.  If all of them are like this, I would definitely sit this one out.

Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: The Crushing (w/DT)   The Crushing (w/DT) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 11:26 am

alldatndensum wrote:
JLE3 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

This song is the only one where it is that prominent. There are two others where it's way back in the mix and only in certain parts like half a verse. Then the rest are just Dale. Oh there is one where we go back and forth. Lol like a metal duet.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Crushing (w/DT)   The Crushing (w/DT) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 3:01 pm

I just downloaded from Amazon last night... Noticed this morning that one of the songs is titled "Wasp-76b".  Are you intentionally trying to confuse me?  Evil or Very Mad Laughing

Does give me a really cool idea though.  Record three different versions of the same song (different music and vocalists) with all three bands!  You could even seriously change the style, like make it a ballad with E&S, and a full on head-banger with DM, and go for a gothic or nu-metal type feel with Wasp-76b.

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: The Crushing (w/DT)   The Crushing (w/DT) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 4:48 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I just downloaded from Amazon last night... Noticed this morning that one of the songs is titled "Wasp-76b".  Are you intentionally trying to confuse me?  Evil or Very Mad Laughing

Does give me a really cool idea though.  Record three different versions of the same song (different music and vocalists) with all three bands!  You could even seriously change the style, like make it a ballad with E&S, and a full on head-banger with DM, and go for a gothic or nu-metal type feel with Wasp-76b.

LOL. After I wrote that song I figured at some point I'd like to have it as a band name. I really like the meaning of it. So when I saw the web address was available and I had an extra 10 songs I figured why not?!

Record 3 versions of the same song...that could be pretty cool actually. We will have to see what happens with Dominus Meus 'DM2', Evans and Stokes 'ESV', and WASP-76b 'It's Still Raining Metal'!

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: The Crushing (w/DT)   The Crushing (w/DT) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 4:49 pm

And thanks for the download!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Crushing (w/DT)   The Crushing (w/DT) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2020 1:36 pm

JLE3 wrote:
And thanks for the download!!!!!

Thank you for all the cool music you create! Headbang

PostSubject: Re: The Crushing (w/DT)   The Crushing (w/DT) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Crushing (w/DT)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: