Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Six months later.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 15908
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 7:35 am

Now that almost half a year has passed since the corona virus has taken over our lives, I wonder what kind of influence it has on your life?
It looks like this virus will rule our lives for some time until a reliable vaccine is found.

What have you learned from this uncertain period?

Have you been afraid of getting this virus during the first period?

Has it brought positive things into your life with this virus as well?

Are there other things that have changed for you because of this virus?

I am very aware that this can vary a lot from country to country.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 1:41 pm

I've learned that there is truly no end to the media elite's pathological lying...

I've learned (for better or for worse) what is truly essential (church, the Kingdom of God) and what isn't (sports, movies, most TV shows).

We're still wearing masks at work...and I am getting edgier by the day about it.  For a hyped-up "pandemic" that's officially killed 9210 out of 330,000,000 persons  in the United States (logging at a mere .03% of our population), our world's gone to tremendous pains to convince us to doubt our own eyes and believe their lies.

Black Rider and kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 1:43 pm

Great topic, BTW.  Jimmy Brown II has hit some of these high points in his last two "Fractured Brain" podcasts.

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 6:31 pm

I've learned our political leaders will sacrifice people for power. The coming global depression is going to be catastrophic and we'll see more consolidation of government power.

kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 4574
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 9:14 am

I've learned that it's in God we trust, and beyond that it all gets a bit hazy!  I've heard reports from every single angle about Covid, and I can see that this sort of thing could be the start of the end.  I'm not saying it is, it's just how quick everything shut down, we were told don't use cash, and always wear a mask.  We were told to close churches and stay at home.  We were told lots of stuff for a virus that's not as bad as it seems. 

If this thing happens again, then everyone will do as they are told, even if it's clear the end is nigh!

It's been a strange year, I almost lost my job, then got it back.  My wife lost most of her job, then got back even more.  We've had lots of time off work during lockdown and the kids have been spinning.

The reports on TV about the far left have been rather scary, but through it all I keep focusing on God.  He is our sustainer, and He will always be there

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Black Rider, kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2014-12-04

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 7:32 pm

What have you learned from this uncertain period? Right at the beginning of this, our study group started a book called "Trusting God". It was timely. It really helped me understand some of the sovereignty of God and His place in these events.

Yes. I have type 2 Diabetes and a daughter with asthma. It's definitely not something we want in our household.

This took a while to think about, but my answer would be Yes. I stopped really following politics when this hit, and I really don't miss it. Because of that, I have noticed a fresher state of mind looking at topics.

We have obviously cut out physical church, but do online as well as Zoom with a group of people. We have slowed down going out a lot, but were homebodies for the most part, so that wasn't a huge change. I work from home now, which has cut down on some expenses.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 21673
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 7:03 am

One thing that has changed for me is my loss of hope.  Oh, I still hope in the Lord, but I have lost hope that these power man mayors and governors will ever release illegal mask mandates, their strongholds that destroy their economies by crushing small businesses, etc.  I fear that the USA as we know it is gone.  This will never go away.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4189
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 3:32 pm

One major thing that I've learned is that a lot of you non-essentials drive way too slow  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1541
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 9:10 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Now that almost half a year has passed since the corona virus has taken over our lives, I wonder what kind of influence it has on your life?
It looks like this virus will rule our lives for some time until a reliable vaccine is found.

Ooo, good questions.

What have I learned? That I don't need as much as I once thought.

Have I been afraid? Yes. In any one day I am somewhere between mildly uncomfortable and terrified. Not only am I immunocompromised and have a small minivan full of chronic illness, but also the virus can be bad news (long term) for singers so if I survived it, I might not be able to do the thing I love so much.

Has it brought positive things into my life? Most definitely. I've slowed down. I've come to appreciate the people around me so much more. I've grown closer to my mother even though I haven't actually sat in a room with her (we Skype). I've overcome some of my fears about putting myself out there into the virtual public eye (though that's a work in progress really). I've learned a lot of new skills on the computer..... Actually, the list of positives is quite long, but what I've got here is a good start.

Are there other things that have changed? Definitely. It's been months since I went out with a friend or went to a music concert. When we went down to Level 1 (NZ's lowest alert rating) I had a girlfriend over for tea. It was SO nice to sit in the same room as a friend and natter away the afternoon. Now we're back to Level 2 so that window has closed for now.  Sad
Back to top Go down
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2016-02-12

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 11:05 pm

not that it wasn't already solid but it has solidified my pessimism/distrust of government and media

I tend to overreact to things of this nature and this was no exception. I bought into the hype even though I know better. I was freaked out for the first month of the media hype-machine telling me I was going to die. now, I don't even think about it except that you can't check the news without that being almost the only thing they are talking about.

hmmm...

not really

Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 3:19 am

Jen5 wrote:
rockerVu2 wrote:

Ooo, good questions.

What have I learned? That I don't need as much as I once thought.

Have I been afraid? Yes. In any one day I am somewhere between mildly uncomfortable and terrified. Not only am I immunocompromised and have a small minivan full of chronic illness, but also the virus can be bad news (long term) for singers so if I survived it, I might not be able to do the thing I love so much.

Has it brought positive things into my life? Most definitely. I've slowed down. I've come to appreciate the people around me so much more. I've grown closer to my mother even though I haven't actually sat in a room with her (we Skype). I've overcome some of my fears about putting myself out there into the virtual public eye (though that's a work in progress really). I've learned a lot of new skills on the computer..... Actually, the list of positives is quite long, but what I've got here is a good start.

Are there other things that have changed? Definitely. It's been months since I went out with a friend or went to a music concert. When we went down to Level 1 (NZ's lowest alert rating) I had a girlfriend over for tea. It was SO nice to sit in the same room as a friend and natter away the afternoon. Now we're back to Level 2 so that window has closed for now.  Sad
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 7:19 am

Now the amount of people with the virus is growing very hard here, it's getting  scary.

I've learned, people, governments think they have it all under control, but only God has it all under His control.

My husband is working from the begin of March as home, very seldom he needs to go to the office.
my brother and sisters don't see each other all togehter for a lunch meeting anymore.

We still don't go the the services from church anymorte, but watch a life stream service at home.

I've learned to be careful to meet groups of other people.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 4:19 pm

I've found Skype has been a great way to keep in touch with family. For me, it's better than the phone. My sister and I "meet" for coffee and drinks on Skype. I have a coffee (11am where I am) and she has a glass of wine (5pm where she is). My Mum and I talk on Skype often. She's on her own since Dad died so throughout quarantine she saw no one in person (just me and my sisters via Skype). I think Skype helped he a lot.

Going to church from home is a bit weird isn't it? I quite enjoy it though. I've been going to my friends' churches (virtually, of course) and I even went to a service at my childhood church...."hey, that's my old piano teacher playing the piano"  😊

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:11 am

I've a sister who lives on a tropical island. We often video call with each other.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 4:13 pm

Nice. I'd like to live on a tropical island right now. I'm freezing.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2020 10:13 am

One good thing for me personally, I have not shaved in 6 months in support of my healthcare brethren that are forced into taking off their facial hair they have had for decades.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Six months later. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six months later.   Six months later. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Six months later.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: