Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Facebook.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 15908
Age : 91
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 7:53 am

Today I tried to login on Facebook, but got a strange looking Facebook page without the logo with the 13 stars.
I've tried a couple of times to get Facebook again, but every time the strange looking facebook page appeared.
I didn't see your day of bird, the gender you want select.

I've had it more that when I try to login on Facebook I get this strange looking page.
Have you had the same?

My thought is, this is a fake Facebook page.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 4778
Age : 51
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 10:14 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
My thought is, this is a fake Facebook page.
That's a possibility.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 21673
Age : 51
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 2:29 pm

On the computer, Facebook has undergone a total revamp.  It looks different and some of the functions are in different places.  If you dig in your settings, you can roll it back to what you had, but I don't know how to do that.  

I just wish that most conservatives would finally make the jump from Facebook to either Parler (less preferred) or MeWe (preferred).  They limit what we can say about COVID-19, many democrat elected officials, but can slam the president or all republicans as much as they want.  It is time we take our toys elsewhere, but you can't get folks to make the jump.

_________________
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 7:13 pm

Parler is more like Twitter and MeWe isn't user friendly.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 383
Age : 38
Localisation : Cincinnati, Ohio
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 9:31 pm

If you see something like this at the top of the page then you've got the "new" Facebook layout (note that I've got Dark Mode enabled so yours might be white instead of black). You can learn more about it at https://about.fb.com/news/2020/05/the-new-facebook-com/

Facebook. Screen11
Back to top Go down
http://www.archiefans.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 4778
Age : 51
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 12:11 am

Black Rider wrote:
Parler is more like Twitter and MeWe isn't user friendly.
I find MeWe is quite easy to use.

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 4574
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 12:49 am

I was told I had to change my name from Fundy to my real name.  It does feel rather controlling.

_________________
My Christian Metal Website.........
Silence Is Madness

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 668
Age : 54
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 1:50 am

alldatndensum wrote:
On the computer, Facebook has undergone a total revamp.  It looks different and some of the functions are in different places.  If you dig in your settings, you can roll it back to what you had, but I don't know how to do that.  

I just wish that most conservatives would finally make the jump from Facebook to either Parler (less preferred) or MeWe (preferred).  They limit what we can say about COVID-19, many democrat elected officials, but can slam the president or all republicans as much as they want.  It is time we take our toys elsewhere, but you can't get folks to make the jump.
Made the jump to both some time ago, after I cancelled my Fakebook account.  Seldom use MeWe.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 21673
Age : 51
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 5:25 pm

I am not using MeWe or Parler very much as there is no traffic there.

_________________
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9480
Age : 51
Localisation : Here
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 8:36 pm

I tried MeWe for a while, but just heard crickets chirping most days

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 21673
Age : 51
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 8:15 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I tried MeWe for a while, but just heard crickets chirping most days


Parler is that way for me as well.  I just don't know what I am doing with it and don't know how to find people on there.

_________________
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9480
Age : 51
Localisation : Here
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 12:07 am

Same here. I haven't spent much time on Parler either. I struggle with staying and keeping alive the Conservative Christian presence... or just throwing my hands up and bailing
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 21673
Age : 51
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 6:58 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Same here. I haven't spent much time on Parler either. I struggle with staying and keeping alive the Conservative Christian presence... or just throwing my hands up and bailing


I am just about to the point of saying that Christians should simply shake the dust off their feet at Facebook and move on.

_________________
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 668
Age : 54
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2020 3:43 am

Have an insane number of followers/persons to follow at Parler lately.  Even President Trump has an account there now.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2014-12-04

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2020 12:54 pm

As much as Facebook can be annoying, I really don't want to sit in an echo chamber of conservative viewpoints. I'd rather shut it all down, or take the stance that I can have my views challenged (or sharpened) and help reach out to people that may not share my views.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9480
Age : 51
Localisation : Here
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2020 2:54 pm

deathisgain wrote:
As much as Facebook can be annoying, I really don't want to sit in an echo chamber of conservative viewpoints. I'd rather shut it all down, or take the stance that I can have my views challenged (or sharpened) and help reach out to people that may not share my views.

Good points. To a certain extent I like like-minded Friends, but I also don't want to be surrounded by only people who think and believe the way I do. On the flip side though, I hate FB telling me what I can and can't post, all the while being choked by their Left agenda. On the other other hand, I haven't been "as" social the last few years, so it may be a moot point at this stage... idk
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2014-12-04

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
As much as Facebook can be annoying, I really don't want to sit in an echo chamber of conservative viewpoints. I'd rather shut it all down, or take the stance that I can have my views challenged (or sharpened) and help reach out to people that may not share my views.

Good points. To a certain extent I like like-minded Friends, but I also don't want to be surrounded by only people who think and believe the way I do. On the flip side though, I hate FB telling me what I can and can't post, all the while being choked by their Left agenda. On the other other hand, I haven't been "as" social the last few years, so it may be a moot point at this stage... idk

There are too many hands in this. How many hands do you have? Razz
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3185
Age : 34
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 2:51 pm

I hear what you're saying Robert, but IMO these facebook alternatives will begin attracting folks from the left soon too.  They're primarily full of conservatives now because that's who's being most affected by the big tech giants' censoring.  But we're already seeing the left eat their own [case in point: J.K. Rowling] and once the tables turn and they start getting the taste of their own medicine, I suspect we'll see a big exodus from facebook and the like.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 668
Age : 54
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 1:25 pm

They've already started appearing, Kerrick.  But it's easy enough to block them and send them packing. Very Happy

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3185
Age : 34
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 1:27 pm

lol! You Rock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook.   Facebook. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Facebook.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: