Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

something about books.

Go down 
+6
alldatndensum
Xid
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
MikeInFla
rockerVu2
10 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

something about books. Empty
PostSubject: something about books.   something about books. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 11:23 am

What do you prefer?

Do you love to read a real book with paper pages?
Or ... do you read e-books.?
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: something about books.   something about books. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 1:15 pm

Definitely an actual book. I don't like staring at a phone or tablet to read a book although I have read a few because they were either free e-editions or very cheap.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: something about books.   something about books. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 3:52 pm

Even though I don't seem to read much in the way of books anymore (maybe one or two a year), I much prefer to read paper-books.  I have read a few e-books (from Amazon Kindle), but I don't enjoy it as much.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: something about books.   something about books. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 5:40 pm

I prefer real books. My wife is fine with both . . . and she's a librarian  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: something about books.   something about books. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 5:44 pm

Real books all the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: something about books.   something about books. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 7:56 am

I bought an e-Reader a few years ago to try that out.  I read ONE whole book on it and hated the experience.  I prefer a real book with real pages.  There is just something about the feel of the paper and the smell of the book that I love.

Besides, there are many articles suggesting that reading text from paper gives you better reading comprehension.  Here is a rather lengthy article to peruse.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/reading-paper-screens/

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: something about books.   something about books. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 11:03 am

Prefer the real thing, but my reading has dropped significantly in the last few years.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: something about books.   something about books. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 7:52 am

Black Rider wrote:
Prefer the real thing, but my reading has dropped significantly in the last few years.

Mine as well.  There are too many things vying for our attention like regular TV, Netflix and other streaming TV, books, movies, game systems, our phones or computers with social media apps or games, work, family, church, etc.  Whew, I am tired just thinking about all that input!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: something about books.   something about books. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 8:57 am

I prefer a real book, but it's super easy to pull up a book on my phone or iPad if I have some free time to kill.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: something about books.   something about books. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 10:35 am

I prefer real books too.  They did a survey a while back (although it was rather limited) which basically came to the conclusion that if you read a paper book you became much more involved and connected with the story.  That's what I find too.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: something about books.   something about books. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 2:34 pm

I have both...but physical tomes rule.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: something about books.   something about books. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 8:04 am

I prefer real books.
I've gotten 6 books as an e-book.
I'll try if I like it on an e-reader or an i pad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: something about books.   something about books. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

something about books.
Page 1 of 1