Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Cool Hip Priest"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

"Cool Hip Priest" Empty
PostSubject: "Cool Hip Priest"   "Cool Hip Priest" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 10:51 am

Here's a 'band' I hadn't heard until today...

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/chrislee13

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

"Cool Hip Priest" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cool Hip Priest"   "Cool Hip Priest" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 6:33 pm

Couple of those songs have a Black Label Society feel, kind of slow and with pinch harmonics. Pretty good stuff.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

"Cool Hip Priest" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cool Hip Priest"   "Cool Hip Priest" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 7:09 pm

Not bad. Sound wise I wouldn't really describe it as BLS. But his voice sounds like Zakk's a bit at time. I really would love to hear it mixed differently.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

"Cool Hip Priest" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cool Hip Priest"   "Cool Hip Priest" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 7:12 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Not bad. Sound wise I wouldn't really describe it as BLS. But his voice sounds like Zakk's a bit at time. I really would love to hear it mixed differently.

What would you like to hear differently?  I think the drums could stand to be up a bit more in the mix.  The bass is a tad quiet.  If I decide to get these, I may try remastering them to see what I can do with that.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

"Cool Hip Priest" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cool Hip Priest"   "Cool Hip Priest" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 9:34 pm

Not every song sounds like BLS but Come to Me and especially Break Down had that sound. The vocals are way out front in the mix.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

"Cool Hip Priest" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cool Hip Priest"   "Cool Hip Priest" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 10:22 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

What would you like to hear differently?  I think the drums could stand to be up a bit more in the mix.  The bass is a tad quiet.  If I decide to get these, I may try remastering them to see what I can do with that.

I feel like his vocals need to be a little more prominent. I would also remove his wife's vocals and have him do the harmonies. Nothing wrong with her voice, I just think it is a little too loud in the mix and overshadows his.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Cool Hip Priest" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Cool Hip Priest"   "Cool Hip Priest" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Cool Hip Priest"
Page 1 of 1