Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I am wanted by the FBI!

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
MikeInFla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3136
Registration date : 2012-03-18

I am wanted by the FBI! Empty
PostSubject: I am wanted by the FBI!   I am wanted by the FBI! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 11:58 am

Ok, so I just checked the top 10 most wanted by the FBI and I didn't make the list. Not even in the top 100. I guess I am a pretty lousy criminal.

It all started on Monday. I got a call on my cell phone with a Washington DC area code. It was a robot with terrible grammar telling me my SS# had been compromised and that the IRS needed to collect back funds from me. It then went on to say if I didn't "press 1 to talk to an operator" the FBI would issue a warrant for my arrest. It sounded like they were using the Windows "Read Aloud" option because it had the same voice. Someone at work was using it yesterday and when I walked by I said "I know that woman she has been calling me all week telling me my SS# has been compromised". 

I didn't select "1". I hung up..... And waited... No FBI.... 

Then I blocked the number. Then it happened again from a different DC number... A total of 6 times in one day, all numbers were blocked but they would continue to call from different numbers. So far at least one call a day, today is the first day they haven't called. Perhaps they went ahead and issued a warrant for my arrest. All I ask is they wait until I am able to pick my daughter up from school until they bring the men in black to my location (wherever that may be).  Laughing

It was similar to this call but it was a female robot voice and also mentioned the warrant and the FBI

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I am wanted by the FBI!   I am wanted by the FBI! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 1:11 pm

I've gotten calls from Russia and New Guinea . . . I've not answered one of them and they haven't left a message.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23598
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I am wanted by the FBI!   I am wanted by the FBI! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 3:00 pm

Man it's a sick sad world.
If you would just pay your taxes Mike...stuff like this wouldn't happen.  Laughing

We keep getting the same scam robo call at work.  It's really annoying.  They call 2 or three times every day.  We quit answering it in hopes the robot will suspect an unused line and move on.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23602
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I am wanted by the FBI!   I am wanted by the FBI! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 6:21 am

Because of scam calls, I rarely answer my phone.  These scammers are even able to use numbers inside your phone and hide behind those so that you think you are getting a legit call.  My wife got one from her "mom" last week during the night.  We thought she called and hung up and immediately called her to see if she needed an ambulance.  She hadn't touched her phone in hours.

With this level of scamming, I just let most everything go to voicemail.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: I am wanted by the FBI!   I am wanted by the FBI! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 8:09 am

I've heard of that but so far it's not been done to us. There's no such thing as privacy anymore.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23602
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I am wanted by the FBI!   I am wanted by the FBI! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 8:36 pm

This thread reminds me of an old t-shirt I used to have.

In large letters, it said FBI.  I would get all sorts of looks from people, especially church people, when I would wear it.  Without reading further, most people just assume that it meant "Female Body Inspector".  I even had a pastor's wife at one church try to shame me for wearing that and setting a bad example for the boys in the youth group.  I had her read it again.

When she actually read the shirt, what it said was, "Frequently Being Investigated".  I thought it was hilarious as you knew that people weren't really going to read it and would assume the worst.  I was right!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5568
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I am wanted by the FBI!   I am wanted by the FBI! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 8:58 pm

I have an authentic FBI hat.  Every once in a while somebody will ask if I work for the FBI.  I respond with, "No.  But my friend does and he's watching you."
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: I am wanted by the FBI!   I am wanted by the FBI! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 5:53 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
This thread reminds me of an old t-shirt I used to have.

In large letters, it said FBI.  I would get all sorts of looks from people, especially church people, when I would wear it.  Without reading further, most people just assume that it meant "Female Body Inspector".  I even had a pastor's wife at one church try to shame me for wearing that and setting a bad example for the boys in the youth group.  I had her read it again.

When she actually read the shirt, what it said was, "Frequently Being Investigated".  I thought it was hilarious as you knew that people weren't really going to read it and would assume the worst.  I was right!
Funny you mention that because in middle school I had one too.... But mine DID say "female body inspector"! Haha. I wore it to a youth event one time and a girl a year older than me said something like "that is so not you, you're a nice guy but it's funny". 

Would I wear it again? No, I was a dumb kid and just threw some clothes in a bag for the trip. Just grabbed whatever was in the bag and put it on one night. On that same trip a bunch of us boys stayed up super late trying to see the Eat it video on MTV because most of us had never seen it... So this must've been around 1983??
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: I am wanted by the FBI!   I am wanted by the FBI! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2019 7:11 pm

I occasionally watch videos where people who know what they're doing will contact, or be contacted by, tech support scammers. They play along and act clueless, all while either deleting the scammers' files or wasting their time or occasionally planting viruses (which is illegal, but so is scamming in the first place). They contain a lot of bad language, to which I'm somewhat desensitized, so it's not for everyone, but it's oddly satisfying.

Scammers do awful things, but yet they're humans that Jesus loves. I confess I keep losing sight of that.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: I am wanted by the FBI!   I am wanted by the FBI! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2019 7:38 pm

Driven wrote:
I occasionally watch videos where people who know what they're doing will contact, or be contacted by, tech support scammers. They play along and act clueless, all while either deleting the scammers' files or wasting their time or occasionally planting viruses (which is illegal, but so is scamming in the first place). They contain a lot of bad language, to which I'm somewhat desensitized, so it's not for everyone, but it's oddly satisfying.

Scammers do awful things, but yet they're humans that Jesus loves. I confess I keep losing sight of that.
I've seen some of those videos and some are pretty funny. One guy gives his name as Peter Parker and he says he works at the Bugle and has a girlfriend named Mary Jane. The scammer wants to see her pic so he puts up a pic of Kirsten Dunst and the scammer never catches on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am wanted by the FBI!   I am wanted by the FBI! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am wanted by the FBI!
Page 1 of 1