Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
bassdude
Normaniac
Livna
Dynamis
kerrick
Jen5
MikeInFla
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
Fundy
Xid
Driven
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Guilty/Forgiven
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Random Ramblings - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2020 2:48 am

Staybrite wrote:
Normaniac wrote:
I cut the cable yesterday. Have an antenna coming for local channels.

How many channels are you supposed to get?
I want to cut my cable too, but it's tied into my internet service and it's almost impossible to separate the two.
From the research I've done (and depending on the antenna), I can get 29-33.  But I'm waiting a while, so it's just DVDs, Tubi TV, and Pluto TV for now.  cheers
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 6:59 am

Here we have much more people,tested positive.
Special younger people.

Young people no longer respect measures to prevent the virus from spreading further. It would be good that they also consider other people.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 7:01 am

Sunday is the first Sunday that I go to the service in church after a very long time.
It's my turn to help with all kinds of things.
Normally I serve coffee after the service, but that's has been cancelled due the virus.
There are all kinds of things to do, like cleaning.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 9:55 am

Same here.  Haven't been to a physical church for worship since February.  If it's not the COVID scamdemic keeping me down, it's my depression and anxiety.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 9:56 am

Normaniac wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Normaniac wrote:

I want to cut my cable too, but it's tied into my internet service and it's almost impossible to separate the two.
From the research I've done (and depending on the antenna), I can get 29-33.  But I'm waiting a while, so it's just DVDs, Tubi TV, and Pluto TV for now.  cheers
Staybrite, here's the latest update on the antenna front: I've abandoned this dream.  Too many logistical headaches to hurdle.  So I've added Pluto TV, Tubi TV, and for $20/month, Philo TV.   cheers
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 11:17 am

I am just about ready to cut the cord--on social media.

I am just tired of so much that happens on or because of it.  I am thinking that I need to reduce my social media footprint.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 3:34 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Normaniac wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Normaniac wrote:

Staybrite, here's the latest update on the antenna front: I've abandoned this dream.  Too many logistical headaches to hurdle.  So I've added Pluto TV, Tubi TV, and for $20/month, Philo TV.   cheers

That sounds like a good plan.
Still trying to separate our internet from cable television without having to switch companies.  I think my mother-in-law uses her amazon fire-stick to stream several of her local live television stations (somehow).  Sounds like it might be a decent alternative for us.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 3:40 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I am just tired of so much that happens on or because of it.  I am thinking that I need to reduce my social media footprint.

Yeah, I've given thought to getting out of some of my facebook feed groups and dropping a few people from my few to foster some more positive content.

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 4:40 pm

I can't remember the last time I watched live TV.

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Xid wrote:
I can't remember the last time I watched live TV.

We had been watching football games until 2018....now the only stuff we watch from television we have on DVR....so pretty much no live TV (except for the occasional local news once a week, or every few riots).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 9:10 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Yeah, I've given thought to getting out of some of my facebook feed groups and dropping a few people from my few to foster some more positive content.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 11:15 am

Big-time housecleaning on my first official day of vacation.  I've gone through my music and books, and will be donating a great many of them to the local library.  Unfortunately, the library won't be accepting any donations until October.   Shocked
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 2:00 pm

So, the Seattle Kraken will be the 32nd team in the NHL for the 2021-22 NHL season.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 6:28 pm

Hockey is about the only sport left I might follow, depends on how SJW they go. Oh, and UFC.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 7:32 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
So, the Seattle Kraken will be the 32nd team in the NHL for the 2021-22 NHL season.

Oh, I bet there are plenty of vulgar jokes with a team name like that!  lol!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 7:37 pm

Today was a busy day.  My mother-in-law wants me to wash her windows in her house every summer.  Usually it takes two days to do this as the spray cleaner she buys from Walmart is crap and streaks really bad.  That causes me to have to clean the windows three times.  With the size of these windows, that is a chore.  This is an old farmhouse with windows that are 6 ft tall.

This year, she bought a different spray cleaner from Dollar General.  I have got to get the name of the spray as it works amazingly!  I did the whole house and the globes on her light fixtures in 3 1/2 hours.  She usually pays me because it takes me so long.  This year, she offered and I declined.  She did take me for lunch at our local Mexican restaurant.  I guess I can get me a sign now for the side of the road that says, "Will Work For Food."

I also hauled off her trash and ours.  I needed a couple of things that I usually would get at Lowe's.  But, since I didn't want to fool with a mask, I went to my local hardware store where the owner is also anti-mask.  He had everything I needed and was the same price on these items as a big box store.  It looks like he will be getting more of my business!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 12:16 am

Normaniac wrote:
Big-time housecleaning on my first official day of vacation.  I've gone through my music and books, and will be donating a great many of them to the local library.  Unfortunately, the library won't be accepting any donations until October.   Shocked

We just got rid of about 40 books on our town facebook "flash gives" group.  It's a cool idea that lets locals give stuff away for free.  You just drive to the persons house and get it off their porch.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 8:06 am

6 foot tall windows??? Man, those are old school  Shocked
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 8:44 am

We've had Trump/Russia collusion, impeachment, Epstein not killing himself, COVID-19, racial riots, murder hornets, locusts, face eating pigs, coin shortages, and now.....you guessed it:  ALIENS!

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/ufo-off-world-vehicles-065525258.html

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 2:37 pm

Oh gosh...Lord save us.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 4:21 pm

I left off the killer asteroid we almost got hit with.  All we now is an actual Bigfoot or Nessie capture, have the US Government admit 9/11 was an inside job, and have Elvis come forward and admit he faked his death and we will have had the weirdest year ever.  This is about all we have left as the rest of the year has been almost unbelievable.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 6:58 pm

I just realized it's been waaaaaay too long since I've used this emoticon:   Hubba hubba  I may have to start using it more often.  Such a simply emoticon can up the awkwardness level tenfold.  Example,

Kerrick wrote:
Hey Alldat, I like the shirt in your avatar.

OR...

Kerrick wrote:
Hey Alldat, I like the shirt in your avatar.  Hubba hubba

Hahahahahaha...   Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 11:05 am

Kerrick has gone slightly mental, he's quoting himself again. Fight
Hubba hubba

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 2:15 pm

Kerrick wrote:
I don't know what you're talking about Staybrite.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 6:09 pm

It's 2020, who hasn't gone slightly mental?

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next