Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
bassdude
Normaniac
Livna
Dynamis
kerrick
Jen5
MikeInFla
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
Fundy
Xid
Driven
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Guilty/Forgiven
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Random Ramblings - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 7:32 am

Good luck today when you have to go back to school.
Not easy after a long summer break.
Hope it goes well when the students are coming back to school after a long summer break.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 8:09 am

Starting on August 1st??  Shocked 

That's a bit early if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 9:21 am

My wife started back to school yesterday (they met at the college). Today they are at the school. Kids start in maybe a week and a half? First day went well for her just mentally exhausting. Her new team of teachers assured her they will help her since she has never taught high school before. She was told all the material is already there and there's no need for her to worry about it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 6:37 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Starting on August 1st??  Shocked 

That's a bit early if you ask me.

Well, we do have a week of fall break, a week at Thanksgiving, two weeks off at Christmas, and a week of spring break.  With that, we have a state mandated 175 student days in TN.  So, we start early and have for a number of years.  It isn't anything new for us.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 7:36 pm

Back in my day school did not start until after Labor Day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 10:28 pm

Yeah!  And we had to walk 6 miles uphill both ways.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 12:43 am

My dad told me a story about how he once had to kill a bear with his loose-leaf notebook while walking to school...uphill, both ways.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 5:13 am

Staybrite wrote:
My dad told me a story about how he once had to kill a bear with his loose-leaf notebook while walking to school...uphill, both ways.
Yeah but was in snowing in May?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 6:28 am

My daddy grew up poor and had to walk 10 miles uphill both ways to school.  He did it in the snow and it always snowed even in the summer.  They were too poor to afford legs, so he had to walk on his hands.  At night, he worked a full time job as a shovel in a coal mine to help support the family and someday afford legs.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:07 am

I had to take a 45-minute bus ride instead of a direct 7-minute drive because of how the school buses worked. By Grade 12, I wasn't even sure what bus was mine, because I was either riding to school with my dad (who taught at the same school) or driving in.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:08 am

Now you're just bein' silly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:22 am

Staybrite wrote:

I heard that one kid killed a bear with a Trapper Keeper.  He didn't use the Trapper Keeper on the bear . . . the bear actually got its paw stuck in there and well . . . it got pretty ugly after that.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 8:26 am

When I went to school, we only had regular coffee, no fru fru Starbucks or energy drinks. So there.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 3:00 pm

Staybrite wrote:

I heard that one kid killed a bear with a Trapper Keeper.  He didn't use the Trapper Keeper on the bear . . . the bear actually got its paw stuck in there and well . . . it got pretty ugly after that.

lol!

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 3:01 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Yeah but was in snowing in May?

It never snowed or rained, they lived in a water-less desert.  I guess it was a desert bear. geek

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 6:29 am

I am starting at people who are my age that lived locally posting memes saying how they never started school until after Labor Day.  In my life, school has NEVER started after Labor Day.  We used to start later around Aug. 20.  But, there was not a fall or spring break.  We got out around May 20.  We go earlier now due to having so many breaks in between.  If you want to start later, then give up the breaks.  It's that simple, folks!  The school system still has to get in 175 student days per year to get all the state and federal funding.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 8:24 am

Don't you start with me, I'll expose you.  lol!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 8:32 am

Where I went to school, the schools didn't start until after Labor Day with no breaks other than Thanksgiving and the day after.  And for the Spring semester, we went until the end of May.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 12:05 pm

Where I went to school, the schools didn't start until after Labor Day with no breaks other than Thanksgiving and the day after.  And for the Spring semester, we went until the end of May.

I remember starting school in September, and getting out in early June.  We got off all of the holidays (including the day after Thanksgiving) and I think 2 weeks for Christmas.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 1:50 pm

I attended elementary school in Michigan. We always started after Labor Day, usually on a Wed. Then we got out in May. I think Thanksgiving had a Wed half day, off Thurs and Fri back on Monday. 

The reason I remember us getting out in May is because one time I remember it snowed during the lsat week of school.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 10:17 am

My school started the week before Labour Day and ended in late June. But, we had two weeks off at Christmastime, a half-week off between semesters in January (I don't know why they didn't do the semester split for the Christmas break), and a March break.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 12:19 pm

Close your eyes and imagine for a minute you are walking around Sears looking for a nice pair of plaid pants.

Random Ramblings - Page 4 Fanciepants

And listen to this while you shop in your mind:

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 1:14 pm

I'm pretty sure I've seen most of those patterns in some of the doctor offices I've visited over the years.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Back and leg pain sucks!!!

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 8:32 am

Plaid pants made you think of back and leg pain? clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next