Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)

Go down 
+4
topshot rhit
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Hardkore
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) Empty
PostSubject: RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)   RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 12:39 pm

https://www.starwars.com/news/peter-mayhew

Peter played Chewbacca, or “Chewie,” a towering, hairy Wookiee, in every Star Wars film from 1977’s Star Wars: A New Hope to 2015’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Standing 7 feet 3 inches tall, Mayhew’s Chewbacca was an imposing sight, and through body language alone, he could convey anger, curiosity, and delight. Alongside Harrison Ford’s Han Solo, one of film’s most iconic duos was born.

“Chewie transformed me,” Peter once said of acting in the costume. “The attitude was different. The walk was different. Do the scenes, come back, take the mask off, Peter was back.”
“We are deeply saddened today by the news of Peter Mayhew’s passing,” said Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy. “Since 1976, Peter’s iconic portrayal of the loyal, lovable Chewbacca has been absolutely integral to the character’s success, and to the Star Wars saga itself. When I first met Peter during The Force Awakens, I was immediately impressed by his kind and gentle nature. Peter was brilliantly able to express his personality through his skillful use of gesture, posture, and eyes. We all love Chewie, and have Peter to thank for that enduring memory.”
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)   RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 12:50 pm

I was really bummed to read about this yesterday.  First Princess Lea and now Chewie. Sad

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)   RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 1:13 pm

I didn't realize he wasn't in Solo until I saw a clip about the guy who played Chewie in it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)   RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 2:34 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I didn't realize he wasn't in Solo until I saw a clip about the guy who played Chewie in it.

I read a short article about the guy playing Chewie now, he said at 7'-0" he was a little too short for the part and had to wear heels!  Laughing  He said something along the lines of it being the first time he was ever "too short" for anything.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)   RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 3:40 pm

I am glad he got to finish filming for the new Star Wars film.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)   RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 5:56 pm

I had no idea he was really that tall. I just assumed they used stilts or movie magic.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)   RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 6:42 pm

There are some neat older photos showing the original cast out of costume and it really highlights their height differences.  Carrie Fisher was quite short.  Peter Mayhew (Chewie) is in the back of this photo, and the guy in the glasses is David Prowse who played Darth Vader in the first three movies.  Of course the "little guy" up front is Kenny Baker who was in the R2 costume for several of the films.

RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) Star_w10

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)   RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 10:46 pm

David Prowse used to be a body builder.  He helped Christopher Reeve bulk up for his role has Superman.  Therefore, Darth Vader is Superman's personal trainer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)   RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 10:41 am

)Staybrite wrote:
I was really bummed to read about this yesterday.  First Princess Lea and now Chewie. Sad
BTW, Kenny Baker (R2D2) has passed on too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Baker_(English_actor)
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)   RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 5:00 am

RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) Whats-10

In memory of Peter

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)   RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 3:42 pm

I put this together recently. Guess I could add several more, but these are some characters from IV

RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) Star_w10
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)   RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 5:39 pm

That makes me want to cry!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)   RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
Page 1 of 1