Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remember Mansfield/Turner?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1181
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Remember Mansfield/Turner? Empty
PostSubject: Remember Mansfield/Turner?   Remember Mansfield/Turner? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 12:13 pm

Stumbled across this on YT and was jamming pretty hard, love the harp on this.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21096
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Remember Mansfield/Turner?   Remember Mansfield/Turner? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 5:00 pm

Are you talking about this?  I didn't know there was a Mansfield/Turner album.
Didn't Eric Turner do the guitars for Mansfield's Revelation album?
This is great.

crucifyd

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Remember Mansfield/Turner?   Remember Mansfield/Turner? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 pm

yep ET!

man this song was so heavy at the time...

Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Remember Mansfield/Turner?   Remember Mansfield/Turner? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 11:16 pm

That's the album Staybrite and yes, Turner played on the Revelation album and Paul Gilbert played on a couple songs.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9464
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Remember Mansfield/Turner?   Remember Mansfield/Turner? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 1:47 am

Back in 1998 I was blessed to see Eric Turner in concert and meet and chat with him after the concert. Super cool dude. I bought his Eastgate -Secret Place of Thunder CD at the venue but like an idiot I gave it away when I went all digital around 2001. Like to find that album again, good stuff. (still have 2 of his albums on mp3 only)

A little trivia, Eric also acts and played Jesus in the "Gospel of John" Christian movie/musical.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 21464
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Remember Mansfield/Turner?   Remember Mansfield/Turner? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 7:23 am

Actually, Turner has played on many of Manfield's albums.  He seems to be the "go to" player when Darrell records.

I have three albums of his on CD and one MP3 only as that was the only format he did it on.  He has done a fifth, but it is a lot more country sounding and not my cup of tea at all.

I have:

Secret Place Of Thunder
Coming Through
Golgotha
Rise

I do not have:

Time & Space

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 15795
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Remember Mansfield/Turner?   Remember Mansfield/Turner? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 8:10 am

Crucifyd, this is a great rockin' song.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Remember Mansfield/Turner?   Remember Mansfield/Turner? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 10:58 am

Didn't realize he has so many solo albums out, need to check them out.
Back to top Go down
crucifyd

crucifyd

PostSubject: Re: Remember Mansfield/Turner?   Remember Mansfield/Turner? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 9:26 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Crucifyd, this is a great rockin' song.

glad you like it...
yes, like I said, back in the day it was so heavy and shreddy(?) for "Christian" music.
has a guest appearance by Paul Gilbert on lead guitar as well (well that explains the shreddy)...
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Remember Mansfield/Turner?   Remember Mansfield/Turner? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 10:42 am

Paul was on a couple songs. It's interesting, seems he won't talk about being on that album.
Back to top Go down
crucifyd

crucifyd

PostSubject: Re: Remember Mansfield/Turner?   Remember Mansfield/Turner? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 7:56 pm

interesting... 

has he specifically rejected that discussion when asked or just not talked about it himself?
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Remember Mansfield/Turner?   Remember Mansfield/Turner? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 10:24 am

It's been awhile since but it seems he just sort of ignores the questions about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember Mansfield/Turner?   Remember Mansfield/Turner? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember Mansfield/Turner?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: