Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Surreal Moment For Me....

Go down 
+2
Xid
alldatndensum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

A Surreal Moment For Me.... Empty
PostSubject: A Surreal Moment For Me....   A Surreal Moment For Me.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 7:10 am

I just had a surreal moment. Some people approached me at Depot Junction who thought I looked like a long long brother they have discovered. They watched me and said my mannerisms were even similar. They showed me pictures, and they were not kidding. This guy looked more like me than my brother does. They did take a couple of photos, but wouldn't show their brother without my permission--which I gave simply because I thought the situation was fun. Now I am wondering if there isn't an actual family connection somehow.

After ghosting the guy's Facebook page, I learned that he was originally from Smyrna, TN which really isn't that far away.  Add to that fact that the current municipal airport in Smyrna was once an Air Force base at which my dad was stationed for a while, it really makes me wonder if I should contact this man and see about getting DNA testing. 

The man that told me about this guy are reconnected brothers so to speak.  They share the same mom but they put the guy that lives in VA up for adoption.  They do not know why but have discovered that there could be MORE siblings out there.

Should I contact my doppleganger or just leave it well enough alone?  I already know that my dad was married twice before he married my mom.  My mom was also married twice before and even had a daughter out of wedlock.  She put the girl up for adoption and my uncle adopted her.  My first cousin was actually my sister.  LOL  Regardless, I would not be upset knowing that both of my parents were married before and both had affairs at different times growing up.  I just don't feel like finding out that there was a long lost half brother or sister would be that big of a deal to me.  I also don't think I would be dishonoring my now deceased parents by looking into it.

Should I contact him or not?  Do we look enough alike to pursue this or not?

A Surreal Moment For Me.... Dopple10
A Surreal Moment For Me.... Ice10
A Surreal Moment For Me.... Just_u10

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A Surreal Moment For Me....   A Surreal Moment For Me.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 7:12 am

A Surreal Moment For Me.... Twin10

I couldn't upload but three at a time for some reason.  This one is the uncanny one to me.  I sit in the same position a lot.  I also used to wear a fedora quite often when I used to play with Stressin'.  His face is wider, but there are similarities.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: A Surreal Moment For Me....   A Surreal Moment For Me.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 2:40 pm

Very interesting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A Surreal Moment For Me....   A Surreal Moment For Me.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 3:42 pm

I'd look into it, personally. I'd like to meet long lost relatives if I could. And even if he isn't related, then you might just make a friend somehow. Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A Surreal Moment For Me....   A Surreal Moment For Me.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 6:53 pm

Oh wow, I actually thought that first picture was you!  That is really interesting.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: A Surreal Moment For Me....   A Surreal Moment For Me.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 8:34 pm

So trippy! I'd definitely send him some pix and FB friend him as well  Thumbs Up

Peter once sent me a picture from a newspaper article in his country asking what I was doing in his area - it was also surreal and trippy. (wonder if I still have that pic somewhere.....)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A Surreal Moment For Me....   A Surreal Moment For Me.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Oh wow, I actually thought that first picture was you!  That is really interesting.

Here is a picture of me in a hat for you to compare:

A Surreal Moment For Me.... Gulfar10

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: A Surreal Moment For Me....   A Surreal Moment For Me.... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 8:56 am

Wow, what a story.

My advice is, ask God what you have to do.
Maybe this man is really a family member of you.
But the Lord knows what is wise to do or not to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Surreal Moment For Me....   A Surreal Moment For Me.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Surreal Moment For Me....
Page 1 of 1