Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

middle eastern

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

middle eastern Empty
PostSubject: middle eastern   middle eastern I_icon_minitime10/9/2018, 6:47 pm

Know of any English-language Christian music using middle-eastern instruments or arrangements?
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

middle eastern Empty
PostSubject: Re: middle eastern   middle eastern I_icon_minitime10/16/2018, 3:33 am

Sorry CT. I did a lot of research when writing for Valley of the Kings. I found lots of bands working out of the Middle East. There are some wonderful Christian bands (beautiful harmonies), but I didn't find any that sing in English as a rule. The ones I found that sang in English were either mixed faith (Christian, Islamic, Jewish), Islamic, or atheist. That said, with the exception of death metal bands, the subject matter tended toward the prim side of the fence, i.e., clean subject matter, no swearing, etc.

I did find a few Christian instrumental bands playing with middle eastern instruments though.
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

middle eastern Empty
PostSubject: Re: middle eastern   middle eastern I_icon_minitime10/30/2018, 7:08 pm

It was a long shot, but thought I'd ask. I really liked the sound of Harmony'sĀ Son of the MorningĀ and was hoping to find something similar. Thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

middle eastern Empty
PostSubject: Re: middle eastern   middle eastern I_icon_minitime10/30/2018, 10:23 pm

I'd say Amaseffer is the closest I can think of. They are at least Jewish if not Christian. They have a progressive metal concept album called Slaves for Life based around the exodus.

Sponsored content

middle eastern Empty
PostSubject: Re: middle eastern   middle eastern I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

middle eastern
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: