Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)

Go down 
+2
Fundy
kerrick
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) Empty
PostSubject: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 11:42 am

Any fans of the Czech heavy metal band Citron?  They've been around for a long time and got a couple members from Kreyson (which is one of my favorite power metal bands).  They're not a Christian band but their lyrics are clean and obviously have some Christians in the band.  They do sing in Czech so we know Alldat won't care for them,  Razz  but for those of us who enjoy bands who sing in other languages, they're pretty good!  I think some of their albums are pretty hard to come by but last year they released a box set that has basically everything and for what it's got, is really quite inexpensive, but they only ship to eastern Europe.  My mother-in-law is coming to visit in September to see the baby so I think I'll see if I can order the box set and have her bring it.   Cool 

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5320
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 1:57 pm

Haha!  I'm with Alldat on that.  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I like to know what I'm listening to.  So if I can't understand the lyrics I'm not really that interested.  Also if they're not openly Christian it doesn't appeal to me.

Still, for those who aren't bothered by the above then it does sound pretty good to me.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 4:24 pm

Quote :
They do sing in Czech so we know Alldat won't care for them

You have me pegged on this!  If they ever release an English version like Kreyson used to, then I might be interested.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:52 pm

I think they do have some English versions actually though I'm not sure which albums.
Back to top Go down
Livna

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 6:04 pm

Pretty good stuff. Reminds me a bit of the Helloween song from Better Than Raw that sung in a foreign language.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 9:34 pm

kerrick wrote:
I think they do have some English versions actually though I'm not sure which albums.

But how many songs per album are in English?  Two or three?  Not enough for me to purchase them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 8:52 am

I believe they actually have a handful of entire albums in English (like Kreyson's first two).  I've seen a couple listed but I don't remember which ones now, nor do I know how many...  If you really like their tunes, I'm sure you could find out!  If I notice any, I'll post 'em here.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 11:24 am

sounds good... but alas the language barrier is tough...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Aww you guys and your English-only bands!  You're missing out!

My wife just ordered it for my mother-in-law to bring when she visits.  I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 9:10 am

I need to see if anyone has some on Discogs.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 11:31 am

kerrick wrote:
Aww you guys and your English-only bands!  You're missing out!

My wife just ordered it for my mother-in-law to bring when she visits.  I can't wait!

Trust me....there is more than enough good music out there without buying music that I would never play because I cannot understand the vocals.  I could listen to a bunch of crappy death metal, black metal, or metalcore bands if I wanted that experience.  LOL

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:33 am

Haha fair enough, your loss!   sunny
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 4:50 pm

My mother-in-law arrived last night with many gifts, including the Citron box set.  I've been listening to them all morning/afternoon and am loving it!  Great stuff.

Chris, their first four albums are available in English though I don't think the rest are.

TTDR, a couple sellers have the box set on Discogs if you're interested.
https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/11332891?ev=rb
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 7:55 am

Hmm, may have to see about getting that.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 5:21 pm

I recommend doing so!  For the price, there's a lot of very good music as well as two live DVDs which I look forward to watching.  The included Tanja album and EP are fun too for something different.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 am

They just released a new song.  The EP is available digitally though I think I'll hold out for the CD.  Sounds good!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)   Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)
Page 1 of 1