Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's in your CD player/MP3 player?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2018-04-12

What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2019 10:30 am

The Violet Burning
TobyMac
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 3:49 am

Love me some Paramæcium - A Time to Mourn
Not everyone's cup of tea, but I love this band. I especially love the female voice singing lightly over the dark music. It's such a cool juxtaposition. One of my favourite doom bands for sure.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 5:29 am

That is a beautiful album, Jen.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4106
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 10:55 am

Agreed! The addition of Ian Arkley really put this one over the top.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 2:14 pm

I also love the way the album is book-ended.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3145
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 2:24 pm

That's a great album for sure.  It's oftentimes eclipsed by their first two albums (which are excellent as well) though I really enjoy it a lot.  Live For The Day is probably my favorite song of Paramaecium's.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 3:09 pm

Oooo good song. I never understood the lyrics though. I mean I love the music behind Live for the Day and I love the variety in the vocals and the overall feel of the song, but I don't get the lyrics. "a latent visionary sees that which can't endure" What does that mean??? And what does that have to do with the book of life that is so old that it goes unread??? I'm so confused.   confused scratch geek
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 3:44 pm

Yeah the lyrics are a bit confusing.  I found some info on it a while ago on Wikipedia of all places though:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Time_to_Mourn

Wikipedia wrote:
...the album also deals with issues related to church life ("Live for the Day") and how we need to make sure that our commitment to a church doesn't override our commitment to God. It makes the point by telling the story of a woman who won't have to think for herself again because she's now a part of the church.

I'd be curious to know more, though that gives the gist.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 3:49 pm

Ahhh, faith in the church over faith in God. That makes sense, especially since the band has been quite vocal about their frustrations with the church. Still doesn't explain who this "latent visionary" is though. lol Ah well. Good music; can't complain.  : )
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 5:55 pm

Warpriest - Krampusnacht   afro

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21109
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 5:16 pm

Oh no....Krampus is coming!!

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 11:07 pm

Awwwwww yeah!   Twisted Evil

Now playing:
Sardis - Viral

Dang this EP is really top-notch.  I think there's gonna be a lot folks here who will be big fans.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 21474
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2019 9:33 pm

John Schlitt - Go

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2019 9:54 pm

Veni Domine - 23:59
King's X - Dogman
Renascent - Through Darkness
Tony MacAlpine - Death of Roses
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2019 10:58 pm

bassdude wrote:

Nice.  Do you have their latest album, Praise Of The Lord God Almighty?  Through Darkness is great but IMO POTLGA is in a league of its own.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 8:07 am

kerrick wrote:
bassdude wrote:

Nice.  Do you have their latest album, Praise Of The Lord God Almighty?  Through Darkness is great but IMO POTLGA is in a league of its own.

I do have it, probably going to listen to it today. I have a lot of driving to do today so I'll have plenty of time.  cheers
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 8:44 am

John Schlitt - Go
John Schlitt - The Greater Cause
John Schlitt - Shake

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:39 am

Saint - The Calf

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 5:58 pm

Three demo songs from an upcoming Lordchain worship album that I might get to play on.  I will be in the studio with them on Monday, but me being on the album depends solely on if they like what I do to these songs.

Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 7:13 pm

Renascent - Praise of the Lord God Almighty
Shadow Gallery - Tyranny
Signum Regis - Exodus
Halcyon Way - Building The Towers
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2019 10:18 am

Yesterday, it was:

John Schlitt - Go
John Schlitt - The Greater Cause
John Schlitt - Unfit For Swine
Saint - The Calf
Saint - Hell Blade
Saint - In The Battle
Lordchain - The Shadow Project
Lita Ford- Time Capsule
Lita Ford - Wicked Wonderland

Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 1:15 pm

Petra - Back To The Street
Magnitude 9 - Chaos To Control
Steve Lukather - Luke
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 2:23 pm

Lordchain - The Shadow Project
Lordchain - Civil War

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 6:30 am

I just finished the whole Scorpions catalog, and now I am playing the Laudamus albums.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 6:18 pm

Wow, that's a lot of Scorpion albums.  Live & studio albums, or just studio albums? Don't they have like 20 studio albums alone?

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   What's in your CD player/MP3 player? - Page 24 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's in your CD player/MP3 player?
Page 24 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: