Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?

Go down 
+6
Normaniac
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
Xid
Staybrite
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? Empty
PostSubject: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 1:09 pm

I tried not to laugh at this, but couldn't help myself.  Warning, there is a little potty language in Eddie's rant.
Still a sad commentary on new music from 80's musicians (just short of 7 minutes long).  It looks like the clip was from June of last year.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 1:14 pm

Michael's response (only 5 minutes).

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 2:58 pm

That's funny!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 3:14 pm

Wait, I thought he runs a hotel in New Hampshire.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 12:05 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:

I think you are thinking of Bob Newhart.  I heard it was a campground.   Laughing

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 9:06 am

Staybrite wrote:

I think you are thinking of Bob Newhart.  I heard it was a campground.   Laughing

I thought Newhart was a psychologist.  scratch
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 4:42 pm

Staybrite wrote:

I think he's done both.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 8:47 pm

It may just be me, as it usually is, but I am about tired of Mr. Sweet.  This new Stryper album has brought about some nasty exchanges over the title.  Mr. Sweet makes himself sound so innocent in all this when he had to know what he was doing as far as promoting this provocative title.  I don't think that dividing people was his motive, but it has happened.  He makes it sound like that this was a "God thing" with his posts and pretty much has thrown any fans disagreeing with him under the bus.  To be honest, I just get a bad feeling about all this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 7:42 am

I have to agree that the name of the new Stryper album is not a nice name.
Maybe it the success asking his toll?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 8:25 am

Staybrite wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I think he's done both.

WHAAAAAAAAA?!??!?!  affraid
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 3:16 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I think he's done both.

WHAAAAAAAAA?!??!?!  affraid

I think it went something like this....

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 3:20 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
It may just be me, as it usually is, but I am about tired of Mr. Sweet.  This new Stryper album has brought about some nasty exchanges over the title.  Mr. Sweet makes himself sound so innocent in all this when he had to know what he was doing as far as promoting this provocative title.  I don't think that dividing people was his motive, but it has happened.  He makes it sound like that this was a "God thing" with his posts and pretty much has thrown any fans disagreeing with him under the bus.  To be honest, I just get a bad feeling about all this.I 
I agree.  I've been a die-hard Stryper fan from day one...but MS knew how GDE would be received by both the world and the Christian community.  To claim naivete' in something this controversial just doesn't ring quite true with me. 

That being said, it is a great album.  I just wish he'd quit trying to push the envelope and stick to rocking hard.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 4:54 am

Surprisingly my favorite song on the album is the title track. I don't sing along tho.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 2:17 pm

I hear ya.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 1:13 am

"Pumps out something every other month it seems like"  lol!

That and Michael's response were fun to listen to. Cracked me up
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 10:01 am

alldatndensum wrote:
It may just be me, as it usually is, but I am about tired of Mr. Sweet.  This new Stryper album has brought about some nasty exchanges over the title.  Mr. Sweet makes himself sound so innocent in all this when he had to know what he was doing as far as promoting this provocative title.  I don't think that dividing people was his motive, but it has happened.  He makes it sound like that this was a "God thing" with his posts and pretty much has thrown any fans disagreeing with him under the bus.  To be honest, I just get a bad feeling about all this.
No, it's not just you.  He's a talented guy, but such a .....  I thought reading his book would help me see how I misunderstand him, but nope.  It just confirmed what I believe.  I think he does like to stir people up and divide them because I think he likes to hear the Stryper uberfans defend him and praise anything he does.  I swear those people are just as bad as he is.
Back to top Go down
Livna

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 3:51 pm

I love when Eddie goes on his rants! Lol ever notice that he kinda sounds like Shaggy from Scooby Doo! I was waiting for Eddie to say, “What happened to Jeff?, Scoob!”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?   What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Ever Happened to Michael Sweet?
Page 1 of 1