Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beat It - Oh yes I went there!

Go down 
+3
MikeInFla
Jen5
JLE3
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

Beat It - Oh yes I went there! Empty
PostSubject: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 7:25 pm

So since I'm no John 5 or Eddie Van Halen I guess I just had to make some parts John Evans.

Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 8:26 pm

...if it's cool enough for the mighty John5, then it's gotta be a'right.
                                                                                                 Rockin' Bouncing smiley You Rock
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 4:32 am

I have to admit that Thriller is one of my all time favorite albums. Not a bad track on that album at all. And thanks for sharing, nice guitar work.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 6:20 am

Sounded pretty cool to me.  I should try something like that with my cigar box guitars.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 2:37 pm

I've always thought that song would make a great 80's metal classic.  Saw your vid on facebook last night and liked it immediately, love the who "soloing the vocal melody" thingy...very cool!

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 3:03 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I have to admit that Thriller is one of my all time favorite albums. Not a bad track on that album at all. And thanks for sharing, nice guitar work.

I remember when Thriller came out. It was so huge at the time. And that video was really awesome. Like a mini movie. There are a few Michael Jackson tunes that could easily be turned into rock or metal songs. Some already have been. I'm not really a pop music fan, but in private when no one is looking I might sneak one onto my playlist for a few spins. Smile
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 3:06 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Sounded pretty cool to me.  I should try something like that with my cigar box guitars.

Do it!
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 3:12 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I've always thought that song would make a great 80's metal classic.  Saw your vid on facebook last night and liked it immediately, love the who "soloing the vocal melody" thingy...very cool!

Thanks. Yeah that is the John 5 version of the song that I did. He does a great job with it but he still maintained the Eddie Van Halen solo. I learned most of the John 5 parts and then some of the Eddie solo but then just got impatient and decided to do my own thing. Besides EVH guitar solos are not that easy to play so I say just do your own thing. I also thought the bridge of the song could benefit from being more METAL so I did that too. Lol
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 3:14 pm

JLE3 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Do it!

I second that motion, Chris. Like these dudes, but heavier...

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 8:39 am

Well now I wonder which one came first...

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 4:14 pm

I really liked that, mess. What fabulous performers. I've never seen them before. They sure nailed that song (better than the original I reckon)
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 6:30 pm

I LOVED the Civil Wars.  They had such great chemistry.  I think that might be the only group I've ever truly felt depressed over the news of their breakup.  I got each of their post-Civil Wars solo albums and while they were good, neither has the same umph that their collaborative work had.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 7:14 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
I LOVED the Civil Wars.  They had such great chemistry.  I think that might be the only group I've ever truly felt depressed over the news of their breakup.  I got each of their post-Civil Wars solo albums and while they were good, neither has the same umph that their collaborative work had.

A good collaboration is like that. If all parts are working well together, the creative outcome should be better than what each part could do on their own. That's why it's so tragic when a great collab breaks up. You lose that 1+1=4 and you're left with two ones. That said, an artist needs to keep moving forward. If the creative spring has run dry or if one artist wants to go one way with the music and the other wants to go another way, then time's up. Hopefully, they'll find other collaborators that have an equally wonderful, but different, chemistry.

I just checked out some of John Paul's solo stuff. I see what you mean. It's now a guy in a room instead of guy and a gal and creative sparks and banter. it's less for sure. That said, I'm loving his song "What's so." I just might have to do a cover of this song some day (if I can just figure out what the lyrics mean)   Wink

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 8:44 pm

Jen5 wrote:
JLE3 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Do it!

I second that motion, Chris. Like these dudes, but heavier...

I have this version!  I bought the downloads when the album came out.  Shane is THE guy who brought along the craze for building and playing cigar box guitars.  He resurrected the movement and it has been growing.  It may grow even faster with Gibson now in bankruptcy and Fender could follow any time.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 7:50 am

You are a wonderful guitarist.
I like the idea to try it on a cigar box guitar JLE.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 2:51 pm

Jen5 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

A good collaboration is like that. If all parts are working well together, the creative outcome should be better than what each part could do on their own. That's why it's so tragic when a great collab breaks up. You lose that 1+1=4 and you're left with two ones. That said, an artist needs to keep moving forward. If the creative spring has run dry or if one artist wants to go one way with the music and the other wants to go another way, then time's up. Hopefully, they'll find other collaborators that have an equally wonderful, but different, chemistry.

I remember being a teen and talking to my step-father about The Beatles and Lennon, McCartney & Harrison's solo work.  I remember wondering why their solo stuff didn't seem nearly as good (in general) as their work with the Beatles.  He used your explanation (almost exactly) to explain that The Beatles were much more than just a sum of their individual parts.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Regarding Billie Jean, this has to be one of my favorite versions of this song.  I've loved his voice since I first heard it on the Louder than Love album (by Soundgarden).

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 4:03 pm

I love his voice too. He always injected the perfect amount of grit into his voice. I've never heard that version. Niice. It's hard to listen to though. I find any Chris Cornell or Chester Bennington stuff is hard to hear now. I can't listen to Chester's Numb without tears. Such a stupid loss.

As for...
"I remember being a teen and talking to my step-father about The Beatles and Lennon, McCartney & Harrison's solo work....  He used your explanation (almost exactly) to explain that The Beatles were much more than just a sum of their individual parts."

That's just great minds and all that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 3:02 pm

Jen5 wrote:
As for...
"I remember being a teen and talking to my step-father about The Beatles and Lennon, McCartney & Harrison's solo work....  He used your explanation (almost exactly) to explain that The Beatles were much more than just a sum of their individual parts."

That's just great minds and all that.    Very Happy

Very true.  Smile

PostSubject: Re: Beat It - Oh yes I went there!   Beat It - Oh yes I went there! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beat It - Oh yes I went there!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: