Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind

Go down 
+4
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Xid
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind Empty
PostSubject: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 5:06 pm

I changed my mind and decided to post my thoughts here instead. If I lived alone, I would be much more brazen with my posts, but I have my wife and grandkids to think about now.

Anyways, this was my "Thought for the day":

For decades, people who are anti-Christian create videos, cartoons, movies and album covers that depict raw hatred for Jesus. Followers of Jesus are upset about these displays of hate, but do nothing as we understand everyone has a right to Free Speech, and we lean on Christ’s words to love those who persecute you, and do good to those who hate you and hate Jesus.

But whatever you do, don’t release anything AT ALL that denigrates the Muslim Prophet.

A 14 minute video that trashed Muhammad was created in 2012: People were attacked as a protest to the video which caused 100’s of injuries and over 50 deaths.

A satirical cartoon book (a French type of MAD magazine) that pokes fun at all religions including Jews and Christians, Yahweh and Jesus (again, it’s their right to create these cartoons and we turn the other cheek), they made fun of Muhammad in 2015 and 12 people were killed, including publishing director Charb and several other prominent cartoonists.

So, while there are extremists and psychos in every religion, be careful to NOT make fun of Muhammad, as it may just get you killed.

NOTE: I never mentioned Islamists, Muslims, or even WHO did the killings… all I said was when someone pokes fun at their Prophet Muhammad, people get killed.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Did you pull your post off of MeWe, too?  It disappeared right before my eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Yup. Not even 1 minute after I posted this, I heard my wife's voice in my head saying "Maybe you shouldn't post that..." and I immediately thought of my Grandkids. Call me paranoid but... well, wait, I AM paranoid !!!  pale Laughing
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 5:54 pm

I hear ya!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 8:55 pm

While I agree with what you said here, Jim, you may have to think about safety when posting here, too.  Anything that is posted here will show up with the right search perimeters.  Trust me, the radical factions of the people who you were describing are looking for things like this.

I know--it sounds like paranoia.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 2:33 pm

It really is hard to justify that kind of action with the whole "Religion of Peace" assertions.

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 7:02 pm

Very frustrating when truth cannot be spoken, or people have to censor themselves, out of self-preservation.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 7:33 am

Perhaps you could rephrase everything where your friends and family would know what you were talking about without naming names.  Just call of' Muhammad either the "Not-So-Great Prophet" or by the nickname "Muhaha".  Not only would it be a bit censored, it could be fun to see just how PC you could make it and still get the full point across.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 10:43 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Yup. Not even 1 minute after I posted this, I heard my wife's voice in my head saying "Maybe you shouldn't post that..." and I immediately thought of my Grandkids. Call me paranoid but... well, wait, I AM paranoid !!!  pale Laughing

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 12:10 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

NOTE: I never mentioned Islamists, Muslims, or even WHO did the killings… all I said was when someone pokes fun at their Prophet Muhammad, people get killed.
Maybe it's like the curse on King Tut's tomb.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 12:13 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/Electro-Deflecto-Unisex-Foil-Size/dp/B01I497JAM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1524590018&sr=8-2&keywords=tin+foil+hat
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 3:11 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/Electro-Deflecto-Unisex-Foil-Size/dp/B01I497JAM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1524590018&sr=8-2&keywords=tin+foil+hat

lol!  wow, only $14.99!

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 12:47 pm

It's well reviewed too!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

lol!  wow, only $14.99!

I bet they will throw in a set of Ginzu knives and a smokeless ashtray for that price!

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 11:06 pm

This thread cracks me up  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 4:36 pm

This used to be in my sig back in the Firestream days:

Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind C0c1b00ea75c1153bf6ccbf66b1d7220
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 6:58 am

Samson wrote:
This used to be in my sig back in the Firestream days:

Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind C0c1b00ea75c1153bf6ccbf66b1d7220

You mean Poodlestream/Comradestream Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind   Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something I posted on FB but then changed my mind
Page 1 of 1