Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forfeit Thee Untrue

Go down 
+6
kerrick
ishmael81
Xid
ChristTrekker
alldatndensum
Jen5
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Forfeit Thee Untrue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forfeit Thee Untrue   Forfeit Thee Untrue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 1:08 pm

I never said you had to call it art, I asked if you would lie and call it creative.  It's not a red herring as that piece of "music" is what I would equate to vomit on canvas.  Is that insulting?  Probably.  If the creator of it reads my comments they can do one of a few things:

1.  Blow it off and continue in self denial.
2.  Re-examine their creative process and step up their game.
3.  Re-examine their musical aptitude and decide if music is really their calling.
4.  Cry in the corner hugging their participation trophies.

I broke my own rules for criticism by just calling it crap.

Here is what I should have said in my critique:

In this particular piece of "music", in my opinion, the "vocals" are terrible.  I don't understand how anyone can like that sound.  The rest of song is buried under a blanket of white noise or static.  One can kind of hear what resembles a chord progression and a snare beat.  The fact that it goes on for 9+ minutes is outrageous.  Score:  F
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Forfeit Thee Untrue   Forfeit Thee Untrue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate you enlightening me on your thought process. You’ve answered my question thoroughly.
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Forfeit Thee Untrue   Forfeit Thee Untrue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Well, as someone who can't really sing (unless, possibly, your experimental doo-wop metal band needs bass vox—dip dip de-dip) nor play anything (unless radio counts) I'll try not to say much else about talent.   Wink
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Forfeit Thee Untrue   Forfeit Thee Untrue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 5:03 pm

I love Forfeit Thee Untrue!  I don't think the vocalist is great, but he doesn't bother me like some others do.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Forfeit Thee Untrue   Forfeit Thee Untrue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 9:12 am

Samson wrote:
It could be worse. You could sound like a dying cow...

This does sound pretty bad..  But this guy and his brother together have made some really great stuff too.  When the majority of the Christian bands were just copying [better] secular ones, these guys were doing some pretty creative and unique - and IMO quite good - music.  Sadly, to my knowledge neither consider themselves Christian anymore and their new stuff is all about spirituality and occultism.
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Forfeit Thee Untrue   Forfeit Thee Untrue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 5:53 am

OK, so I discovered that I had some FTU songs on a couple samplers (BTTW Church) I'd downloaded but hadn't listened to. Gave it a shot.

Actually liked the compositions, and the clean vox. With more of that, and less of the other, this could be a band I'd enjoy quite a bit. Honestly, most of the songs on these were pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forfeit Thee Untrue   Forfeit Thee Untrue - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forfeit Thee Untrue
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2