Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Random Ramblings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 11:37 am

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Me like !  Has that classic 70s, 80s radio rock sound (early Petra, Boston, ELO)
That Go for a soda video cracks me up  Laughing - love the old 80s remote control. I remember those.
Battle Scar with Geddy sounds cool ! R&R Duty is my fav of all those. Good stuff. Now I'll need to keep my eyes open for their records.  Thumbs Up

Be very careful.  Every time I hear that "Go For a Soda" song it is stuck in my head for more than a week.

lol!  Then you can't figure out why you keep craving sodas eh ?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Last Sunday, it was 80 degrees here.  This Sunday, the highs are in the lower 40s and we have had a couple of small snow flurries. 

If you don't like the weather in Tennessee, stick around.  It will change--and fast!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 6:53 pm

Yikes. For us, the end of Oct is consistently cold, rainy and windy. This year it's been in the 70s and 80s every day. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 7:02 pm

Forecast is for snow on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 7:47 am

We had rain pretty much all day yesterday in SE Pennsylvania.  Now that the wind blew threw, it's gotten chilly again.  But fortunately, no snow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 4:30 pm

My weekend has been busy,
Saturday doing cleaning work in the house.
Sunday friends stopped by to visit us.
They are from an other state, so they stayed for a warm lunch.

We went out to eat with the kids and grandsons in the evening.
It was a Mexican restuarnat this time.
Yep, I love Mexican food, but not to spicy please.

How was your weekend?
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 5:21 pm

On business doing an audit it Virginia. I'm getting to where I don't like being at hotels for a week. Used to be fun but now just want to be home. I hate that I'll miss trick or treat with my little one tomorrow. My boss couldn't make the trip so I took it instead. Really didn't want to go but here I am. Guess I can catch up on some Netflix......

Last edited by MikeInFla on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 5:24 pm

My weekend was good.  Worked on some new music.  Church on Sunday and watched the movie, "Sully".
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 9:18 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
My weekend has been busy,
Saturday doing cleaning work in the house.
Sunday friends stopped by to visit us.
They are from an other state, so they stayed for a warm lunch.

We went out to eat with the kids and grandsons in the evening.
It was a Mexican restuarnat this time.
Yep, I love Mexican food, but not to spicy please.

How was your weekend?

Hmm, I wonder what Mexican food is over there  scratch We actually found a couple of decent quality Mexican restaurants here in the Lancaster area.  But it definitely isn't TexMex Very Happy
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 10:36 am

Feeling like Charlie Brown this Halloween.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 12:28 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Feeling like Charlie Brown this Halloween.

People are giving you rocks and sketching out a Jack O Lantern on the back of your head?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 6:25 am

Yesterday was fun at work.  Our principal dressed up like Gru from the Despicable Me movies and asked for all the staff to dress as Minions.  Many didn't but were still allowed to dress up.  Around 100 of us did, though.  It was cool to see how everyone else interpreted the little yellow guys and what they did with their costumes.  We had three ladies that dressed up as the purple crazy Minion.  We had a lot of yellow shirts and either overalls or suspenders.  Most of us in some sort of fashion had the G logo on our chests.  There were a lot of fake goggles and eyes on people's foreheads.  I was the only one who attached fake goggles to my own glasses so that I was looking through them.  At the end of the day, they took a big staff photo of everyone dressed up who would get in the picture.

All in all, it was a fun day.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 am

Sounds like a fun time.  I'm sure the kids got a kick out of it as well.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 11:27 am

Sounds like fun!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 2:06 pm

Today it was dad's birthday.
A day full rememberances.
We've carrotcake to remember his birthday.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 2:09 pm

That was fun yesterday at school.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 10:17 am

Can't believe I can actually type this:

The Houston Astros are the 2017 World Series Champion  cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 2:14 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:

I don’t think we can be friends anymore.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Unrelated to the post above I wrote:

Sometimes, life really sucks.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 9:34 am

ishmael81 wrote:

I don’t think we can be friends anymore.

affraid

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.  Cool
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 10:02 pm

Been a while. I haven't cracked open my laptop in a bit. Things got a bit busier. I'm still alive. Starting to feel the end of semester pressure on the horizon, with large projects that can't be done at the last minute. I'm going to have to learn to organize time again, and deny myself wasting time (while still taking breaks when needed). See you on the other side of December I guess cyclops
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 3:20 am

I've got a tough decision to make in the next day or two...

I currently drive a 1995 Honda Accord. I've had the car for about 2 1/2 years and it was given to me for free by some friends at church (they received the car free from someone else and wanted to continue that when they outgrew it due to an expanding family). It's been a good car.

The past few weeks I noticed it was starting to overheat when I stopped after driving a while (20-30 minutes or so). I took it in to the mechanic and it's going to be a fairly expensive repair - a bearing on the timing belt tensioner is going bad and it will cost around $860 to replace all of that. This is in addition to $140 for a cylinder compression test they did (to make sure there wasn't any head gasket damage) and $100 for a heater hose that needs to be replaced (so around $1100 total).

My parents have already said they'd help with the cost of repairs, so that's not an issue, but I'm not entirely sure what to do here. The obvious choice is to just keep the car because it's cheaper, but I'm having a hard time justifying putting that kind of money into a car that isn't even worth that much.

Anyone have any advice on this?

My only major concern with getting a new car would be increased insurance cost and the addition of car payments, but I don't think that will be so much that I can't handle it, and I'm also less than a year away from paying off a student loan (paying more than what i have to on that to get it down quicker), which would free up $75 a month in about 9 months.
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 7:18 am

I think that I would begin the process of looking into a new or newer car.  With that said, if you are at a place where you know your monthly finances will increase (by $75 when the student loan ends), I would probably try to wait until then.  That amount you are paying on that student loan could be applied to your car insurance.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 8:37 am

For the time being, I would repair the Accord and save up for a few months before making a car purchase.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 am

For the time being, I would repair the Accord and save up for a few months before making a car purchase.
Agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next