Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A new clip of a new song!

Go down 
+6
topshot rhit
Fundy
rockerVu2
Jen5
Staybrite
alldatndensum
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 6:45 am

I love your choice to make silly songs.

Maybe you are right about this Driven.
lol! 
But silly or not, I believe this songs  Headbang Headbang
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 10:30 am

Driven wrote:
Weird Chris and D'Rare Bones Band.

ROTFL
Or Weird Alldat!

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 4:21 pm

Staybrite wrote:
At this rate your going to go complete "Weird Al" on us!

Not so much.  Sure, there are 3 silly songs and a good parody of "Tush", but there are still 8 other tracks of the more serious sort.  I like using the humor just to show that we Christians are serious in our faith but are not afraid to use the gifts God has given us.  The album will still be very honest and real.  Even the quirky songs show a bit of my personality as do the rest of the songs. 

I had one review where I was slammed for using humor on a Christian album.  They said that it was distracting for them.  GOOD!  I want people to have to listen to the lyrics.  I don't want the same ol' CCM worship lyric to be the only thing they get.  We need variety in the Christian market, and I am going to do everything I know how to do in order to push artistry.

I also feel that, if I ever get a band together, using humor will help the pill of my message go down better if I play in a secular environment.  I will not be one of those artistic bands that you cannot tell who or what they follow.  However, I want a secular audience to listen in spite of my faith.  Using stories and humor will help with that in my opinion.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 6:44 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I had one review where I was slammed for using humor on a Christian album.  They said that it was distracting for them.  GOOD!  I want people to have to listen to the lyrics.  I don't want the same ol' CCM worship lyric to be the only thing they get.  We need variety in the Christian market, and I am going to do everything I know how to do in order to push artistry.

I think slamming someone for using humor on a Christian album is ridiculous.  Is there some rule book somewhere saying that comedy can't be used in Christianity?  I think Brad Stine, Tim Hawkins and host of other Christian comedians would beg to differ.  I agree that variety (and originality) is much needed in all aspects of Christian artistry.

I hope you understand my good-natured ribbing wasn't intended to disparage your fantastic music in any way.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 6:48 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I think slamming someone for using humor on a Christian album is ridiculous.  Is there some rule book somewhere saying that comedy can't be used in Christianity?  I think Brad Stine, Tim Hawkins and host of other Christian comedians would beg to differ.  I agree that variety (and originality) is much needed in all aspects of Christian artistry.

I hope you understand my good-natured ribbing wasn't intended to disparage your fantastic music in any way.

By no means!  I have always been a big fan of Al's and was even a member of his fan club back in the 80's.  To even be remotely compared to his musical and comedic genius is quite the honor.

Also, it got me to thinking.  I am thinking of doing an EP when I change from my old Korg unit that I record with currently to computer based software.  The EP would be just to learn the new software.  I may truly go all "Weird Al" with it just to do something different.  I just need a couple of lyrical ideas and off we go!

I agree that we need variety in the avenues of Christian music.  You mentioned actual comedians and I believe that most Christians are okay with that.  However, where I am doing serious topics and a few silly ones, I think some folks might still have a stick in their posterior when it comes to what Christian bands can/cannot do.  Some folks still think that Christian bands should have the JPM meter running on every song and I won't pass that test.  I even had a guitarist who contacted me with interest in my project who told me that my music was "too secular" after listening.  On "When Your Time Comes", there are 4 songs (out of 12) that are not spiritual.  One is about having a bad day but trying to be a bit comical about it.  Another is about child neglect.  There are only TWO songs that are truly secular.  Even then they are squeaky clean humorous songs (Walmart Blues and You'll Shoot Your Eye Out).

I believe that it is time that we shake up the body of Christ.  I remember the early days of the Christian metal scene.  Those guys were singing about Jesus and hitting the clubs with their message.  Today, all we get just about is watered down worship songs and artists stick to solely Christian events.  The message isn't getting past the shadow of the steeple, either.  We need Christian artists to sing about life, love, pain, their own sins, and proclaim Jesus as well.  I want to be in this category now.  One of my songs on the new record is a confession and a prayer.  The song is controversially titled "Lord, How I Love The Way She Walks".  It is a confession about me still wanting and struggling with looking at the ladies in an inappropriate way.  It is a prayer to help me keep my eyes on the way my wife loves and follows the Lord.  I believe we need that level of honesty and transparency in the church body as a whole.  We need to talk about our own failures so that people will see that we sin and need Jesus because of it rather than throwing rocks at the world for their sins and running them away from Jesus.

OK, my novel for the morning is done!  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 6:49 am

Oh, I almost forgot--I hope to be getting the drums for the album recorded this weekend.  I have a very special drummer (no, it isn't Robert Sweet) who will be recording the drums on 11 tracks this weekend, Lord willing.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 8:30 am

Maybe Ted Kirkpatrick from Tourniquet? Very Happy

Or do we have to guess the drummer for your new CD?

Maybe a silly question, but what's the name of your new album?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 9:17 am

I haven't ecided on the title yet.  Sorry.....

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 2:18 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I believe that it is time that we shake up the body of Christ.  I remember the early days of the Christian metal scene.  Those guys were singing about Jesus and hitting the clubs with their message.  Today, all we get just about is watered down worship songs and artists stick to solely Christian events.  The message isn't getting past the shadow of the steeple, either.  We need Christian artists to sing about life, love, pain, their own sins, and proclaim Jesus as well.  I want to be in this category now.  One of my songs on the new record is a confession and a prayer.  The song is controversially titled "Lord, How I Love The Way She Walks".  It is a confession about me still wanting and struggling with looking at the ladies in an inappropriate way.  It is a prayer to help me keep my eyes on the way my wife loves and follows the Lord.  I believe we need that level of honesty and transparency in the church body as a whole.  We need to talk about our own failures so that people will see that we sin and need Jesus because of it rather than throwing rocks at the world for their sins and running them away from Jesus.

OK, my novel for the morning is done!  lol!

This is so true. I believe there is a wave of people who are seeing the need for transparency and openness to deal with our brokenness. I don't want to be afraid to say that most days, I feel like a failure for so many reasons and that I don't feel like even getting out of bed. I don't want to be afraid to say, either, that I'm struggling with sin on many levels. I want to write songs that remind me it's okay to not have it all together.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 3:11 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Oh, I almost forgot--I hope to be getting the drums for the album recorded this weekend.  I have a very special drummer (no, it isn't Robert Sweet) who will be recording the drums on 11 tracks this weekend, Lord willing.

It's not Sabidoo?

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 9:33 pm

I had the opportunity to work with someone where we could record acoustic drums.  It will change my sound completely.  Also, this drummer, while an unsigned artist, has a larger following than I do.  So, that will help with picking up potential listeners.

Don't worry.....Sabidoo will be back once I start with computer based recording.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5322
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 2:51 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I had the opportunity to work with someone where we could record acoustic drums.  It will change my sound completely.  Also, this drummer, while an unsigned artist, has a larger following than I do.  So, that will help with picking up potential listeners.
That's cool to hear!  Very interested to find out who it is!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 2:56 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Don't worry.....Sabidoo will be back once I start with computer based recording.

Always love hearing Sabidoo.  I think in honour to him one of your future songs should have the word 'bacon' in!

You know, something like...

"The Bible it is meaty it's
the food that we should take on.
And those who truly love God's word
are achin' for some bacon!"

lol!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 6:23 am

Here's an other Sabidoo fan.
Using acoustic drums will sound  so much better.
Sounds promising.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 9:15 pm

Are you all ready for the "mystery drummer" to be revealed?  I am doing it here first for all my friends.

If you are ready, then here it comes:

I will have to confess that I did tell ONE CHM member before I let the cat out of the bag for the rest of you.  Other than my wife, Yvonne has been my biggest fan and supporter of all my musical endeavors.  So, since I knew she could keep a secret, I let her know just because I thought she's like to have a little secret knowledge for a little while.  She and I have been friends now for around 16 years.  She encourages me when I feel like giving up on music altogether and prays for me when I have stuff going on in my own life.  Yvonne is a great woman of God.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5513
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 12:27 am

Nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 2:51 am

Brilliant news!  Seems like he got a buzz out of doing it too, which is even better!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 8:07 am

Kelly had a great time.  He actually contacted me about the possibility of doing the project.  I haven't really had the time to do it since he offered.  However, I got to looking at the calendar about a week and a half ago and noticed 3 day weekend approaching.  So, I messaged him and he said it was fine for me to come out.  So, I drove to Dyersburg, TN and got a hotel on Friday night.  Then, I drove over to the great state of Missouri (only 16 miles away from Dyersburg) and we did the first 5 songs on Friday night.  Kelly is a beast who picks up on music really fast!  We got together around 10 AM on Saturday and had the other 6 songs completed by 1:30!!!  So, we stood around and talked, made the video, and told horrible jokes until after 3.  Then it was time to pack up and head back to my little town 4 hours away.

It was a great experience!  We may work together in the future, and I might possibly get to work with them in the studio on some of their projects, too.  We're just going to play it by ear and see.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 10:03 am

That's awesome news. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 10:13 am

I am thinking of calling this album "Man Overboard".

I can't wait to get this mixed and out where everyone can hear it!  It will be bluesy, but also heavier than the previous one.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 3:50 pm

Kelly is a fantastic drummer and seems like such a great guy.  I'm really happy you guys had the opportunity to work together....really looking forward to hearing it.

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 6:53 am

I really enjoyed working with Chris on this project. We spent a good amount of time just talking & hanging out. The songs are great & I am honored to be on the album. I tried to stay in the pocket with my drumming & not overplay. There are a couple of spots where I showed some Lordchain-esk flash.

There were some takes where I would come into the control room & listen back to the track & I wouldn't hear any mistakes, but it just wasn't right. I'd say, "Let's do it again from the top. I can give this a better feel."

Chris was great producing & giving direction. He would tell me, "Give it a big tom roll coming into the last chorus." He also said, "That's not how I heard it when I wrote it, but I like what you're doing better." Oh, I can't leave out, "Explore the studio space."

It was lots of fun. Everything seemed to click & it went really smooth. I needed this. Things have been tough lately with work & me trying to sell my house. I came away from these recording sessions pumped & feeling truly blessed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 8:33 am

As usual, I can't wait to give this new album a listen.
It shows me Ketty and Chris are a great team.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 4:29 pm

KellyM wrote:
I really enjoyed working with Chris on this project. We spent a good amount of time just talking & hanging out. The songs are great & I am honored to be on the album. I tried to stay in the pocket with my drumming & not overplay. There are a couple of spots where I showed some Lordchain-esk flash.

Very cool indeed!
I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed working on the album.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 8:32 pm

Quote :
Chris was great producing & giving direction. He would tell me, "Give it a big tom roll coming into the last chorus." He also said, "That's not how I heard it when I wrote it, but I like what you're doing better." Oh, I can't leave out, "Explore the studio space."

"Exploring the studio space" was partially because I was referring to the whole "needs more cowbell" bit.  I wanted Kelly to truly explore some of the empty spaces in the songs.  He did some cool percussive beats whether he realized it or not.

Now, to get started mixing this.  I played around with Kelly's favorite track today called "Bootlegger's Prayer".  I've got it sounding pretty good, but I do need to pull the bass and bass drum back just a tiny bit.  Other than that, she's sounding great.

I also mixed the acapella track "Yes, I Know" today.  I am willing to call it done.  If the EQ and volume of each voice on an acapella track is right, then you need to leave it alone.  So, I am going to leave it alone.

Here are the song titles, but not necessary in this order:

Yes, I Know
Bootlegger's Prayer
(Burning) Bush
Man Overboard
Where the Worm Dieth Not
I Love You More Than Meatloaf
Please Don't Make Me Watch A Chick Flick
Legs
Completely Flexible
Lord, How I Love The Way She Walks
Free

....and there is one more that the title just ins't coming right now.  Don't ya' hate getting old and forgetful?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new clip of a new song!   A new clip of a new song! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new clip of a new song!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next