Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?

Go down 
+10
ishmael81
KaramKaram
Guilty/Forgiven
oteis
MikeInFla
rockerVu2
Staybrite
Andreas89
alldatndensum
BearDad
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 4:17 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Is it just me or does it sound pretty similar to Stryper's more recent stuff?

I haven't listened to it yet (it should arrive UPS this evening), but I thought the same thing with the two we've heard. No wonder, I suppose, as Michael is the primary songwriter for Stryper. He says his solo work allows for going in different directions, but I'm not hearing much difference in the two released so far.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 4:31 pm

Hey, why mess with something that works? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 6:06 pm

Ive listened through twice now, and yes, it sounds similar to Stryper. I love it, though. Terrific record!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 6:28 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Hey, why mess with something that works? Very Happy

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 7:34 pm

BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

I haven't listened to it yet (it should arrive UPS this evening), but I thought the same thing with the two we've heard. No wonder, I suppose, as Michael is the primary songwriter for Stryper. He says his solo work allows for going in different directions, but I'm not hearing much difference in the two released so far.

BearDad nailed it.  With Michael being the primary songwriter for Stryper and him wanting to make a true metal solo album (his others haven't really been metal as a whole), it is gonna sound like Stryper.

With that in mind, that is EXACTLY why I like it.  It sounds like Stryper but yet has some other things going.  Only one song had the Stryper twin leads.  There are places where you can only hear a left channel rhythm guitar that you never would hear with Stryper.  This album is a bit more aggressive than Stryper is as well.  As a whole, I LOVE that it sounds like Stryper but yet still has something a little different, too.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Andreas89

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 5:03 am

ishmael81 wrote:
That would be great because No More Hell to Pay got me into Stryper Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 6:05 am

Then you are going to love "One Sided War", Andreas.  It feels like "No More Hell To Pay" and "Fallen".  It feels like it should be the next step for Stryper as they have been increasing in intensity since "Murder By Pride".

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Andreas89

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 7:45 am

So the songs released on youtube weren't exceptions? Interesting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 7:50 am

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 11:47 am

Andreas89 wrote:
So the songs released on youtube weren't exceptions? Interesting Very Happy

They were the hardest and heaviest, but the whole album is solid hard rock and heavy metal. The new video, "Radio", is one of the least aggressive tracks. So, musically, the album mostly sits between "Radio" and "Bizarre".

I didn't especially like "Golden Age" at first, but when the record's over and for hours afterward, that's the hook that is stuck in my head. I love that song now. It's still too early for me to identify my favorites, but the entire record is just stellar. Really enjoying it!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 1:15 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

Oz is at 2:55, and I'm pretty sure that's Robert beside him, as well as at 3:01.

I like this song, and I get what he's saying about singing country to be popular. Some might say the same of hard rock/heavy metal in the 80s, or hip hip on the 90s. None-the-less I like country, drive a truck, and drink beer from a bottle. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 3:50 pm

Yeah, Robert and Oz are both in the video. I think the song is hilarious!  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 7:52 pm

Yea, this new one is pretty impressive!
Back to top Go down
pastorbrad

pastorbrad

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2015-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 12:07 pm

Yup.... he's a monster on a mission... Rock till you drop bro! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 10:48 pm

I still need 'I'm Not Your Suicide'. Embarassed Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?   Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet - Does this guy ever slow down!?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2