Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tim Davis Band

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Tim Davis Band Empty
PostSubject: Tim Davis Band   Tim Davis Band I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 7:38 am

If you are looking for some decent southern rock, you should check out the Tim Davis Band.  Tim Davis is based out of Murfreesboro, TN.  I had the opportunity to play most of the bass tracks in the studio and will soon be playing his CD release party on April 23.  So, if you want to hear something a bit more southern fried and support an album featuring your ol' buddy alldat, head over to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .  Be watching for a link to buy the CD.  If you sign up for his mailing list, Tim will send you three MP3s that you can play on your phone.

Thanks!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Tim Davis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Davis Band   Tim Davis Band I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 8:09 am

Very nice. Very bluesy, more like Stevie Ray Vaughn and The Allman Brothers Band then Lynyrd Skynyrd and Molly Hatchet. Excellent guitar player. I'd probably buy it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Tim Davis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Davis Band   Tim Davis Band I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 10:36 am

Heavy blues influence in some serious southern rock music.  Wish there were more Christians making this kind of music.

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Tim Davis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Davis Band   Tim Davis Band I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 11:47 am

Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Tim Davis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Davis Band   Tim Davis Band I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Heavy blues influence in some serious southern rock music.  Wish there were more Christians making this kind of music.

I agree.  Also, Tim is not afraid to state what is exactly on his mind.  The song "Six Flags Over Jesus" is a bold song about mega churches that are preaching more self help than they are preaching Christ being the hope within us.

BearDad wrote:
Very nice. Very bluesy, more like Stevie Ray Vaughn and The Allman Brothers Band then Lynyrd Skynyrd and Molly Hatchet. Excellent guitar player. I'd probably buy it.

Jamie Ray Neal is his name!  He is a killer guitarist.  If you look up his Facebook page, he is working on a lot of instru-metal stuff.  He is also part of the band Free From Fear that I had the pleasure of recording 2 songs with.  I am trying to convince them to do an album with vocals in the vein of Stricken.  I could actually give them that voice as well as the needed low end. 

Of course, right now Sean Ferrell, the drummer on these projects (Tim Davis Band, Free From Fear), is working on mixing my new Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band album.  We have one song done and two more just about there with just a little more tweaking.  I have given the individual tracks for 7 songs to Sean.  I have to copy 5 more.  I want my CD done, if possible, before the Huntsville Cigar Box Guitar Festival June 3-4 at Lowe Mill Arts and Entertainment.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Tim Davis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Davis Band   Tim Davis Band I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:00 am

Looking forward to give the Tim Davis Band a listen.
It's always time for good blues.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Tim Davis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Davis Band   Tim Davis Band I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 2:57 pm

Tonight is the CD release party for the Tim Davis Band.  I'm part of the band for the CD and the show, but I don't know about future involvement.  (See my confessions of being a recluse.)  Please pray that I can remember all the chord changes as some of Tim's bridge parts seem to be a bit strange to me at least.  That is where I am struggling the most as a bass player with this.  I am also singing some background vocals for this show.

Keep me in your prayers, folks!

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Tim Davis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Davis Band   Tim Davis Band I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 3:32 pm

Have a great gig!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Tim Davis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Davis Band   Tim Davis Band I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 5:26 pm

I know you will do great you are a top notch musician.
Praying you will have a fantastic show and good time.

Admin
alldatndensum

Tim Davis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Davis Band   Tim Davis Band I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 10:40 pm

It was a great show!  Hopefully there will be video soon so you all can hear it!

I messed up a couple of small spots but quickly recovered.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Tim Davis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Davis Band   Tim Davis Band I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 10:51 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Tim Davis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Davis Band   Tim Davis Band I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 2:45 pm

I am completely digging this album, just enough blues mix with just enough rock to keep me satisfied!  The musicianship on the album is also fantastic.

Admin
alldatndensum

Tim Davis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Davis Band   Tim Davis Band I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 4:30 pm

I only have issues with the mix.  There are times where the bass and bass drum were intentionally taken back where they are almost not there.  Other than that, the album stands up well.  I like the musical direction overall and love Tim's approach of just saying what is on your mind at the time even if it isn't popular.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Tim Davis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Davis Band   Tim Davis Band I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 4:41 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
...  I like the musical direction overall and love Tim's approach of just saying what is on your mind at the time even if it isn't popular.

While some of his lyrics are bit "tongue in cheeck", some of them are also very blunt (or direct) which is kind of refreshing.

Tim Davis Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Davis Band   Tim Davis Band I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tim Davis Band
Page 1 of 1