Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wish Lists

Go down 
+4
BearDad
kerrick
Staybrite
ishmael81
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 9:17 am

Who has a wish list? Where?

Do you put everything in there you want or just the current stuff?

I'll answer first. I have a wish list at Amazon, Swapacd.com and Paperbackswap.com. They all have the same thing. I generally try to limit my wish lists to about 25 items each, otherwise I get overloaded.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 2:57 pm

I have a wish list at Amazon and also at Emusic. I also have an excel file that I keep track of upcoming releases (stuff I can watch for to give a listen when it comes out and decide if I will want it or not).

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 3:19 pm

I have one on Amazon that's somewhat random/eclectic.  I keep my wantlists on the Metal Archives and Firestream pretty up to date.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Why do you want to know about my wish lists? Do you have money to burn and want to burn it my way? Smile

Amazon
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I have a wish list at Amazon and also at Emusic.  I also have an excel file that I keep track of upcoming releases (stuff I can watch for to give a listen when it comes out and decide if I will want it or not).

I track mine with Excel as well. I also have my current collection catalogued on there... I'm a nerd.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 3:38 pm

kerrick wrote:
I have one on Amazon that's somewhat random/eclectic.  I keep my wantlists on the Metal Archives and Firestream pretty up to date.

Huh. I keep mine pretty organized. I have 4 at Amazon:
Music - CD's and whatnot
Books - well, books
Guitar stuff - this is any guitar stuff, including the electric I want, the amp I want, and new strings for my current acoustic
Private - this is the miscellaneous list. I currently have a t-shirt they don't have in my size, two stickers I can't decide if I want for my guitar case and a book collection I'm buying my wife for Mother's Day
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 3:49 pm

You can have multiple Amazon wishlists?  Cool!  Amazon doesn't have most of the music I want anyways so I have a couple movies on there, an iPod, etc.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 5:05 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
I have a wish list at Amazon and also at Emusic.  I also have an excel file that I keep track of upcoming releases (stuff I can watch for to give a listen when it comes out and decide if I will want it or not).

I track mine with Excel as well. I also have my current collection catalogued on there... I'm a nerd.

I'm probably worse than you. I have several excel sheets and subcategorize my albums by type (cd, mp3, cassette) as well as an entire separate list for release dates separated by secular and Christian....I'm hopelessly anal about lists. I also have a play list to make sure I listen to new music enough times before putting it in standard rotation as well as listening through every album in my collection. (it takes over a year to do that).

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 5:24 pm

Here's my Wantlist. I doubt i'll ever complete my ever growing want list.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 6:34 pm

If I had one wish , it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

If I had two wishes, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace, and the second would be for $30 million a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.

You know, if I had three wishes, first, of course, would be for all the children to get together and sing, the second would be for the $30 million every month to me, and the third would be for all encompassing power over every living being thing in the entire universe.

And if I had four wishes, the first would be the crap about the kids...

Last edited by messiaen77 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 7:53 pm

Staybrite wrote:

You can have a wishlist at eMusic?  I did not know that.  I wonder what I would even wish for.

As far as wish lists, I don't usually keep one but will make one closer to my birthday & Christmas.  This makes shopping easier for my wife.  I can pretty much keep up with the things that I want for myself.  Not having kids, I can afford pretty much any CD, movie, or book that I want.  I may choose to get a used copy to make it cheaper, though, or use my book swapping site to get something free.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 7:59 am

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I'm probably worse than you.  I have several excel sheets and subcategorize my albums by type (cd, mp3, cassette) as well as an entire separate list for release dates separated by secular and Christian....I'm hopelessly anal about lists.  I also have a play list to make sure I listen to new music enough times before putting it in standard rotation as well as listening through every album in my collection. (it takes over a year to do that).

I have separate pages for different artists, listing each album with info about the album - year, lineup, etc.

I have a thing about lists as well. They're very gratifying.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 11:34 am

Hmmm, I haven't thought of making a list to include band line-ups....I might just need to another list. Very Happy

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 9:40 am

messiaen77 wrote:
If I had one wish , it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

If I had two wishes, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace, and the second would be for $30 million a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.

You know, if I had three wishes, first, of course, would be for all the children to get together and sing, the second would be for the $30 million every month to me, and the third would be for all encompassing power over every living being thing in the entire universe.

Now that's funny there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 10:22 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Now that's funny there Very Happy

That is funny and somehow I missed it!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 11:53 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

You can have a wishlist at eMusic?  I did not know that.  I wonder what I would even wish for.

Well technically they call it a "Save for Later" list.

Staybrite

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 11:54 am

messiaen77 wrote:

Laughing

Ok I swear I have heard that one before...where did you get it from?

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 1:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Ah yes Steve Martin in one his many appearances on SNL. Well played.

Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wish Lists I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wish Lists
Page 1 of 1