Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Enzo & The Glory Ensemble

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Enzo & The Glory Ensemble Empty
PostSubject: Enzo & The Glory Ensemble   Enzo & The Glory Ensemble I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 10:21 am

A recent discovery is Enzo & The Glory Ensemble, the new project of Italian guitarist and vocalist Enzo Donnarumma (Members of God).  The Enzo & the Glory Ensemble full length debut "In The Name Of The Father" is being hailed as "the most ambitious Christian metal project ever made".  The album includes guest appearances from Marty Friedman (ex Megadeth), Ralph Sheepers (Primal Fear), Mark Zonder (Fates Warning & Warlord) and Gary Wehrkamp (Shadow Gallery).

Below is a link to a music video of closing track "Maybe You".

Lyrically, I would describe Enzo & the Glory Ensemble" as a Catholic Christian project (I state that as an observation and not critique).  The only song to come into question (and I approach this delicately as I can) is "Hail Mary".  I do not mind it when the song states 'blessed is the fruit of thy womb' but the phrase 'Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us Sinners" does make me a bit uncomfortable.

I always thought it is Christ who is sitting at the right hand of God and He is interceding for us.

I do not wish to open a debate in regards to Catholicism and wish to respect the Catholic members here.  That said, I am going to have to address the lyrics when putting together the review and wish to do so tactfully and respectfully at the same time.

What does everyone think?  "Maybe You" is one of the mellower songs on the album and is not necessarily a good indicator of the Enzo & the Glory Ensemble sound.  As for Enzo, he is a very talented vocalist with an almost baritone if not operatic style to his delivery.  I wish there were more songs streaming because "In The Name Of The Father" is a cool album musically (not album of the year but still very good).

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Enzo & The Glory Ensemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enzo & The Glory Ensemble   Enzo & The Glory Ensemble I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 12:03 pm

I actually checked this out on Spotify, I don't think it is something that I would listen to very often, but it there is quite a collection of talent on this album.

Enzo & The Glory Ensemble
Page 1 of 1