Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fireflight - Innova

Go down 
+4
KellyM
Staybrite
BearDad
alldatndensum
8 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Fireflight - Innova Empty
PostSubject: Fireflight - Innova   Fireflight - Innova I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Fireflight's new album just dropped today.  I heard clips on Jesusfreakhideout.com and I must say that the mighty have surely fallen.  Instead of a modern rock band, they are a full keyboard driven pop band now.  What a waste of talent.

Needless to say, they can keep the new album.  I don't want it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Innova   Fireflight - Innova I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 10:04 pm

Sounds like something I'll be skipping as well.  What a shame.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Innova   Fireflight - Innova I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 1:12 am

I wasn't all that impressed with their last album, definitely going to pass on the new one.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Innova   Fireflight - Innova I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 6:23 am

I've liked everything they've done.....until now.  I even have their indie album they did called "Glam Rok" that came out a couple of years before they got signed.  Alas, they are saving me money as that is another CD I won't be buying.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Innova   Fireflight - Innova I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 7:45 am

I've heard one song from the new album & I was very disappointed. There wasn't even any real drums on it. BLAH!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Innova   Fireflight - Innova I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 8:29 am

I have never heard of them and just listened to the samples. Not something I am interested in at all.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Innova   Fireflight - Innova I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 11:07 am

Listening to a few tracks on spotify and I agree this a substantial departure from their first 3 or 4 albums.  Certainly going to pass on this album.

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Innova   Fireflight - Innova I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:22 pm

I typically like female-fronted bands, but Fireflight has never done it for me.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Innova   Fireflight - Innova I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 3:44 pm

I've always liked Dawn's voice in a rock project.  However, since they've ditched their fans by doing something totally different, I am ditching them until they come back with a new rock project.

You can't even claim that this is a corporate sellout situation.  They are an indie band, or at least, were when they started their Kickstarter plan months ago.  That means that they've no regard or clue of what their fans want.  Do they really want to alienate their fan base?  If so, then this will do it!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Innova   Fireflight - Innova I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 4:07 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
You can't even claim that this is a corporate sellout situation.  They are an indie band, or at least, were when they started their Kickstarter plan months ago.  That means that they've no regard or clue of what their fans want.  Do they really want to alienate their fan base?  If so, then this will do it!

It's almost as if they are going in a dance-pop kind of direction.  I don't know what they are thinking but I doubt they will be able to convince the Lady Gaga fan base to start buying their records.

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Innova   Fireflight - Innova I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 6:47 am

This is exactly why I don't contribute to any fan-funded projects from any band. If I had put money in on this, I wouldn't just be disappointed, I'd be down right ticked.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Innova   Fireflight - Innova I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 8:32 am

If that's the direction they want to go, then God be with them. But I don't think I'll be buying this one.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Innova   Fireflight - Innova I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 9:49 am

Certainly more of a sudden departure than Kutless or SDS going to more P&W. I'll pass.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Innova   Fireflight - Innova I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fireflight - Innova
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: