Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EVER CHANGING AVATARS

Go down 
+17
metaldude
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Hardkore
Deepfriar
Samson
alldatndensum
oteis
xenonlion
Staybrite
Xid
Driven
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 12:43 pm

I've picked mine because my mom had the album. She never liked it, so she gave it to me, because I liked the artwork, and now it's serving as decoration in my room. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 3:35 pm

Changed it. I love that Staveacre art but the theme on the first Neon Horse cover is amazing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 10:47 pm

Ok..My New Avatar for this week is the album cover for a band called Terminatryx....Here is a sample of this band doing their cover of the 80s song by Animotion called Obsession.... (Warning..The song and video is PG-13)

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:05 am

Driven wrote:
I've picked mine because my mom had the album. She never liked it, so she gave it to me, because I liked the artwork, and now it's serving as decoration in my room. Very Happy

I had a similar opinion of this album. I bought it on cassette when it was new (I was in the 7th grade). I loved the cover but I didn't really care for the new direction. I did love Distant Early Warning but felt the rest of it was too much of a change. I don't particularly care for this era of Rush. However, the good songs are fantastic and that is why I love Show Of Hands. It has the best from that time, Distant Early Warning, Big Money, Time Stands Still, Force Ten, etc.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:08 pm

My turn to change up.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Nice change there!  Let's see what I change to.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 6:08 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Driven wrote:

I had a similar opinion of this album. I bought it on cassette when it was new (I was in the 7th grade). I loved the cover but I didn't really care for the new direction. I did love Distant Early Warning but felt the rest of it was too much of a change. I don't particularly care for this era of Rush. However, the good songs are fantastic and that is why I love Show Of Hands. It has the best from that time, Distant Early Warning, Big Money, Time Stands Still, Force Ten, etc.

Oops, that post was for a different album:
EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 Gtralbum

I really got into GUP, though. Kid Gloves is a fun tune, DEW is an intense track, Between The Wheels is sorta scary, and I like the rest without loving it.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 5:35 am

Driven wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
Driven wrote:

Oops, that post was for a different album:
EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 Gtralbum

I really got into GUP, though. Kid Gloves is a fun tune, DEW is an intense track, Between The Wheels is sorta scary, and I like the rest without loving it.
Ha! I have that album too on vinyl. I actually played it last month for the first time on over 20 years. So I decided to list it on eBay. The GTR sound is just pretty bland now, at least to me. Not bad by any means just nothing I want to listen to again in the next 20-25 years.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 6:19 am

I finally figured out what I wanted to use for my change up.  Mad At The World should do the trick!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 8:06 am

My alltime favorite Bride album.

Each week a new avatar with an album cover is a great idea.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 8:40 am

Boy, I am definitely late to this party.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 8:47 am

Changed mine up...
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 8:58 am

I am going to keep mine because it is my favorite album of all time and has been since I originally purchased it in 1981. So if I could only keep one album it would be Paradise Theater. 

Here is the basis for the artwork, from the Granada Theater in Chicago:

EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 Photo-chicago-granada-theater-marquee-at-night-c1930

And here it is before being torn down:

EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 4117107648_72c372e5e4

And here is the full art, not shown on the album. I used to have these posters and had them on my wall all the way thru college.

EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 IMG_2350
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 9:03 am

ishmael81 wrote:
Changed mine up...

FIF!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 9:04 am

And I've changed mine as well from Monsterus to Once Dead Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 9:10 am

Headbang
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 9:21 am

Following the crowd with a change.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 10:41 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Changed mine up...

FIF!!!! cheers

Oh yeah!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 11:24 am

All this avatar changing has forced me to look at people's user names a lot more!  lol!

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 12:51 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 1:37 pm

Sorry staybrite... I thought about changing daily but I guess I won't do that.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:43 pm

ishmael81 wrote:

The worst part is I even keep missing my own posts!  I think I will change mine again and really mess myself up.  Laughing

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

The worst part is I even keep missing my own posts!  I think I will change mine again and really mess myself up.  Laughing

But it'd be worse if you starting arguing against a post you put up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

But it'd be worse if you starting arguing against a post you put up Very Happy

I'm just one overdose of NyQuil away from doing that very thing!

Driven

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 6:11 pm

Dogcats, anyone?

Dang, I just realized Xid got that one (Time's End)… back to the drawing board…

Ok, how's Petra? This is the first Petra album I owned, Petra Means Rock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EVER CHANGING AVATARS   EVER CHANGING AVATARS - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EVER CHANGING AVATARS
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next