Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tourniquet is losing me.

Go down 
+14
Samson
messiaen77
Fundy
kerrick
BearDad
Through The Dark Radio
xenonlion
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Driven
Xid
topshot rhit
Guilty/Forgiven
Redeemed Fool
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 12:57 pm

As for the song Caixa De Raiva, I have no idea who that's directed to but someone seems angry.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
I don't disagree but when taking care of creation becomes the final goal and starts to seem like we elevate it above people then......

Or even elevate creation above the creator (yikes!)

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 4:04 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
As for the song Caixa De Raiva, I have no idea who that's directed to but someone seems angry.

The title is Portuguese for "box of anger", and as to who/what it's about, I have no ideer either.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 12:00 am

And it continues....

https://www.facebook.com/ted.kirkpatrick.98/posts/10154539945620011

"Ever wonder why there are so many atheists and people who want nothing to do with religion? If your idea of faithful servitude and atonement for sin is brutally killing innocent animals - your faith sucks. If your God delights in brutal animal sacrifice - your God sucks. - Ted"
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 5:58 am

Samson wrote:
And it continues....

"Ever wonder why there are so many atheists and people who want nothing to do with religion? If your idea of faithful servitude and atonement for sin is brutally killing innocent animals - your faith sucks. If your God delights in brutal animal sacrifice - your God sucks. - Ted"

While I more-or-less agree with Ted's statement, his approach is wrong IMO. Especially since the picture on the post is of chicks in Israel, and the "your God" he is referring to is also our God. He needs to remember that the Jews are our lost brothers and sisters, and they are God's chosen people.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 12:00 pm

BearDad wrote:
Samson wrote:
And it continues....

While I more-or-less agree with Ted's statement, his approach is wrong IMO. Especially since the picture on the post is of chicks in Israel, and the "your God" he is referring to is also our God. He needs to remember that the Jews are our lost brothers and sisters, and they are God's chosen people.

So Ted is saying that his own God sucks? Was it not the God of Israel who sent His Son as the ultimate sacrifice to end the sacrifices?… the same God that he serves?

I don't want to base everything off of one statement, but I am a bit worried about it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 2:39 pm

Driven. wrote:

So Ted is saying that his own God sucks? Was it not the God of Israel who sent His Son as the ultimate sacrifice to end the sacrifices?… the same God that he serves?

I don't want to base everything off of one statement, but I am a bit worried about it.

I was rather thinking the same thing myself.
If Ted claims to be a Christian, then he follows the same God of the old and new testament.  The same God that required the regular sacrifice of animals for the atonement of sin...until he sent himself as the ultimate sacrifice.

Could be he means that if your current view of God is that you are required to do animal sacrifices then your "view of God sucks" or the "god" you created sucks.  But it just looks more like the "animal rights police" kind of statement you would see from the militant wing of PETA.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 10:50 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Driven. wrote:

I was rather thinking the same thing myself.
If Ted claims to be a Christian, then he follows the same God of the old and new testament.  The same God that required the regular sacrifice of animals for the atonement of sin...until he sent himself as the ultimate sacrifice.

Could be he means that if your current view of God is that you are required to do animal sacrifices then your "view of God sucks" or the "god" you created sucks.  But it just looks more like the "animal rights police" kind of statement you would see from the militant wing of PETA.

It's likely he was generalizing, as the words of his rant don't specifically name the Jews. But as you can see from the picture below the people are in fact Jews.  Yes it is sad that they still offer sacrifices to God because WE know it no longer makes a difference. If anything it makes God cry! But taking the animal rights side is not likely to convert Jews to Christians, especially if you tell them their god sucks and then tell them that their god is also your God. 

It's sad, but I think Ted has gone down a road I am unwilling to follow. Kinda makes me wish I hadn't pledged for his latest Tourniquet CD. If it's another PETA album it may not last long in my house.

Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 Sacrifice
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 7:35 am

I have some Tourniquet stuff, but I won't be getting into this newer slam people who mistreat animals brand of this shell of a once great band.  It seems that Tourniquet has long since jumped the shark when they are more worried about the care of animals than the care of people's souls.  You want animal cruelty or human cruelty to stop?  DISCIPLE them.  Teach them about Jesus, let the Holy Spirit convict and save them, then disciple them to follow Jesus.  That is what changes the world.  New laws don't keep people in check.  Freedom in Jesus is where real change occurs.

While Ted has always had something about animal rights in the liner notes, his rants now just make this come off as a parody of what Tourniquet used to be.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 2:24 pm

Tourniquet lost me at Caixa De Raiva, which was especially nasty, why on earth put poisoned words like that in an album is beyond me - it really made me think twice about purchasing any more of their music. (Six years mentioned in the lyrics was when POD was released...)  Also the music drifted further away from what I like.  Moth And Rust was a good album (the last T album I brought), and some of those songs were catchy, but the early Tourniquet was best in Stop The Bleeding, and the later Tourniquet was best with Crawl To China.  Also I guess my tastes have changed over the years, and I like Hard Rock more than Thrash.

I don't mind Ted doing the animal rights thing at all, and if it helps stop animal cruelty then that's great.  It's just not something I'm interested in.  I love Christian type songs with a Christ centred lyric.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 9:26 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Are their new album lyrics reflecting these beliefs ?

I'd call that a BIG YES!

Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 <a href=Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 51TTwWPPcFL._SS500_zpsfcn0fysq" />
Back to top Go down
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 8:09 pm

As far as Ted's animal activism, I have always considered him to be overboard on that...uh, whatever.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but the vibe of this thread, or at least part of it, to me is "if Ted keeps going down this road I'm not going to buy his stuff anymore" or something along that line...

If that does happen, why would you stop buying his stuff for that reason? How is that any different than (assuming you do) buying / listening to the likes of an endless number of secular bands which espouse beliefs, ideas, concepts, etc which you would vehemently disagree with?
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 8:16 pm

Because TqT has always been promoted as a "Christian Band", and now he's going far off in another direction that is a turn off to some, including myself, not really interested in any bands that are primarily about "animal rights", as if they had any...plus that album cover I posted is just not in bad taste, but, IMO, a sacrilege, something I'd expect to see from "Rotting Christ."
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 7:32 am

Driven wrote:
Redeemed Fool wrote:

The title is Portuguese for "box of anger", and as to who/what it's about, I have no ideer either.
Timing wise (the "six years" comment), it would be somewhere in the neighborhood of when Guy, Victor, and Erik left the band.  Perhaps there was some bad blood in there.  Who knows, but I agree with Fundy--not cool Ted.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 1:55 pm

crucifyd wrote:
As far as Ted's animal activism, I have always considered him to be overboard on that...uh, whatever.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but the vibe of this thread, or at least part of it, to me is "if Ted keeps going down this road I'm not going to buy his stuff anymore" or something along that line...

If that does happen, why would you stop buying his stuff for that reason? How is that any different than (assuming you do) buying / listening to the likes of an endless number of secular bands which espouse beliefs, ideas, concepts, etc which you would vehemently disagree with?

Interesting point. Lots of Bride fans around here and Dale espouses universalism (though not as loudly or obnoxiously...).
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 5:09 pm

Candlemass wrote:
Because TqT has always been promoted as a "Christian Band", and now he's going far off in another direction that is a turn off to some, including myself, not really interested in any bands that are primarily about "animal rights", as if they had any...plus that album cover I posted is just not in bad taste, but, IMO, a sacrilege, something I'd expect to see from "Rotting Christ."

I would add to this that the musical direction just doesn't interest me anymore, either.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 7:38 pm

"All of God's creatures will be in Heaven, including every pig that ever lived." --Ted Kilpatrick

Awesome, bacon in Heaven! cheers
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 8:19 am

Doesn't Isaiah mention animals once the kingdom is settled - wolf laying down with the lamb and the lion eating straw alongside the ox?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 8:30 am

Candlemass wrote:
"All of God's creatures will be in Heaven, including every pig that ever lived." --Ted Kilpatrick

Awesome, bacon in Heaven! cheers

As long as we get some mashed potatoes with a side of manna, I'll be happy with that!  lol!

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 1:10 pm

Ba-manna bread!!!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 4:35 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Ba-manna bread!!!

Yes, please!  lol!

Back to top Go down
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2016 2:00 pm

Candlemass wrote:

hmmm...is that an intentional misspelling of Ted's name?  KIL-patrick?
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2016 7:57 pm

crucifyd wrote:
Candlemass wrote:

hmmm...is that an intentional misspelling of Ted's name?  KIL-patrick?

Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 Patrickstar
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 10:18 pm

Move along, nothing to see here

https://www.facebook.com/ted.kirkpatrick.98/posts/10154827441205011
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 11:56 am

I have no problems with not eating meat or even not using any animal products, as a personal choice. I'm going semi-vegetarian, where I don't use meat in all of my meals, simply because store-bought meat is expensive and isn't that great. But I won't go out and say that we're not supposed to eat meat ever at all. Yes, in the original creation, everything ate plants, but God has increasingly allowed his people to eat meat. To say otherwise is scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet is losing me.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next