Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Go down 
+5
Staybrite
ishmael81
Xid
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Stevie Ray Vaughan. Empty
PostSubject: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 9:11 am

Are you familiar with his songs?
Just started to go to YouTube to listen to his songs?
Maybe you have some albums of him?

What do you think of his songs?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 10:20 am

A great guitarist who left this world way too soon.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Love Stevie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 9:36 am

Stevie Ray Vaughan (or Stevie Rave-On)... great guitarist but I can only take small doses as I'm not a huge blues fan.

Interesting story - just before his album In Step he got clean and became a Jesus follower... then he died in a helicopter crash...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 12:00 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Stevie Ray Vaughan (or Stevie Rave-On)... great guitarist but I can only take small doses as I'm not a huge blues fan.

Agreed.

Also interesting to note that he was the main studio and touring guitarist for David Bowie's "Let's Dance" ablum/tour.  If you listen to it you can hear Stevie's signature guitar sound all over that album.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 8:42 am

That's very interesting to know.

What are Stevie's best albums?
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 9:28 am

A good place to start would be Greatest Hits or Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan. Has the best stuff from from all his albums. Love Crossfire, The Sky Is Crying, Crossfire, Cold Shot and he has an excellent version of Little Wing.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 8:42 pm

A great guitarist..I got to see him in Amarillo Texas back on his "Couldn't stand The Weather Tour".. great show and he played till 1 in the morning.  His opening act was Duke Jupiter (if you dont know them then youtube them)
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:32 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
A great guitarist..I got to see him in Amarillo Texas back on his "Couldn't stand The Weather Tour".. great show and he played till 1 in the morning.  His opening act was Duke Jupiter (if you dont know them then youtube them)

Wow, someone who actually saw Duke Jupiter. I just sold one of their LP's on eBay (You Make It Look Easy). I ripped a digital copy of it and it really wasn't anything I would normally like so I sold it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 10:52 am

Quote :
Wow, someone who actually saw Duke Jupiter. I just sold one of their LP's on eBay (You Make It Look Easy). I ripped a digital copy of it and it really wasn't anything I would normally like so I sold it.

Duke Jupiter actually got alot of airplay in Amarillo...they were supporting the album 'White Knuckle Ride" when I saw them...here is a taste for those who have never heard of them...

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 5:43 pm

i had never heard of Duke Jupiter before.  I like the music to this a lot.  I miss music like this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Ascension

Ascension

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 1:20 am

ishmael81 wrote:

Interesting story - just before his album In Step he got clean and became a Jesus follower... then he died in a helicopter crash...
Yep some strange stuff about his deaths too. One of my close friends is a guy by the name of Wayne Perkins ( Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, Swamper, Leon Russel on and on--) , Wayne swears that Stevie's death was no accident and the guy who was the chopper pilot flew into the Mt on purpose.  Also Clapton was supposed to have been on that chopper that night but--.
 Anyway Wayne and Stevie were close and Stevies death hit Wayne hard. Wayne wrote a song about it that is purty cool called Big Stratacaster here.
Waynes on the right here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 8:04 am

Welcome back to CHM Ascension.
Cool you stopped by here.
Back to top Go down
Ascension

Ascension

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 8:51 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Welcome back to CHM Ascension.
Cool you stopped by here.
Got hacked and lost a bunch of stuff including this site link so  just found you guys again.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 8:50 am

ishmael81 wrote:

I just stumbled on this. Isn't it funny how our tastes change in just 2 years?

I used to not be a big blues fan and then the light just came on for me...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 8:24 pm

Quote :

I've always liked some blues, but I've developed more and more of a taste for it as I get older.  i guess with me having become a blues artist that this is a no-brainer, though.  LOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 4:26 pm

Huge SRV fan here. Huge blues fan as well. SRV was to me like the shredder of the Blues but still a very visceral player. I tend to like the power trio the best and my fave albums are In The Beginning and The King's Head both of which are live albums pre-Texas Flood.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 7:55 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

You saw the li-i-ight, you saw the li-i-ight....  Not ready for Hank yet?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 9:36 am

messiaen77 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

You saw the li-i-ight, you saw the li-i-ight....  Not ready for Hank yet?

I may live in St Louis now, but I grew up in the country - a town of about 1600 people. My graduating class was 35 and was the biggest in 10 years. I'm very, very familiar with Hank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan.   Stevie Ray Vaughan. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Page 1 of 1