Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you ever make compilation discs?

Go down 
+9
topshot rhit
LateFortheParty
rockerVu2
Ahlitah
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
drumdude
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Do you ever make compilation discs? Empty
PostSubject: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:34 am

I am working on a couple of CD-Rs with some different EPs that I have in my possession. One the first disc, I am going with a more traditional metal style. Featured bands on it will be Strangeland, Tykkus, and Supreme. If I have room, I might throw on the Trust and Sardonyx EPs.

I will also be doing a more modern rock disc. On it, I will have the Nailpoint Payment EP, Staynlis, Brim, and Demize (one of the bands that have become Stricken). Should be pretty cool!

I will also be getting some doom stuff by Purgation for another disc. Add to that the Place of Skulls EP and the Sweet Cicada stuff, and that ought to be pretty dark.

Then, it's time for some more modern metal with Golgotha, Testify, and the first Sons of Thunder EP. I might put Disciple's EP on there as well.

Do you do this, or just throw stuff on your MP3 player?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:43 am

I have one compilation disc that I absolutely love. I made a copy for Drumdude. I call it "Missing Tracks". Here's the tracklist:

Whitecross - You're My Lord
Whitecross - It's My Life
Scott Wenzel - One God, One Love
Stryper - Can't Stop The Rock
Stryper - Believe
Stryper - Something
STryper - For You
Ken Tamplin/Shout - Little Liar
Ken Tamplin/Shout - Secrets
Ken Tamplin - When Angels Cry
Ken Tamplin - Bloo, Toil, Sweat, & Tears
Die Happy - All Over Me
Die Happy - Kyle's Atomic Funk Thang
X-Sinner - Last Call
X-Sinner - Reap What You Sow
X-Sinner - Shame One You
Neon Cross - Buy My Record
Neon Cross - In Your Mind
Neon Cross - Mystery of Love

As you can tell, a lot of this came from greatest hits packages like the Whitecross, Stryper, Ken Tamplin/Shout stuff. I added the Scott Wenzel track because I liked that song, but not the album. The two Ken Tamplin tracks are from different sources: one from his CD on Rugged Records (which stunk except for the one song here) and one he offered for free download on his website one time. The Neon Cross songs are from a Rugged Records comp. They were the only songs you did not get if you bought the artists' CDs from Rugged. These three were only on the comp. The X-Sinner stuff was from their "Loud and Proud" release that was mostly demos. But, there were these three new tracks.

I love this CD and think I will like my other comps too!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:47 am

Back in the day, when I used to have lot's more time, I used to create comps to give out as witness tools. I also used to make what I called K-Jim 77.7 comps... they were comps of music that I would play on a radio station if I had one.

Many comps I've made were for my wife... she loves the mixes I've made for her.

For myself, I just put 4 days worth of mp3 albums on a DVD and push shuffle on my DVD player in my truck. It's easier, faster and I still get some great mixes.
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:08 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I have one compilation disc that I absolutely love. I made a copy for Drumdude. I call it "Missing Tracks". Here's the tracklist:

Whitecross - You're My Lord
Whitecross - It's My Life
Scott Wenzel - One God, One Love
Stryper - Can't Stop The Rock
Stryper - Believe
Stryper - Something
STryper - For You
Ken Tamplin/Shout - Little Liar
Ken Tamplin/Shout - Secrets
Ken Tamplin - When Angels Cry
Ken Tamplin - Bloo, Toil, Sweat, & Tears
Die Happy - All Over Me
Die Happy - Kyle's Atomic Funk Thang
X-Sinner - Last Call
X-Sinner - Reap What You Sow
X-Sinner - Shame One You
Neon Cross - Buy My Record
Neon Cross - In Your Mind
Neon Cross - Mystery of Love

As you can tell, a lot of this came from greatest hits packages like the Whitecross, Stryper, Ken Tamplin/Shout stuff. I added the Scott Wenzel track because I liked that song, but not the album. The two Ken Tamplin tracks are from different sources: one from his CD on Rugged Records (which stunk except for the one song here) and one he offered for free download on his website one time. The Neon Cross songs are from a Rugged Records comp. They were the only songs you did not get if you bought the artists' CDs from Rugged. These three were only on the comp. The X-Sinner stuff was from their "Loud and Proud" release that was mostly demos. But, there were these three new tracks.

I love this CD and think I will like my other comps too!

by the way the cd rocked !
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:20 pm

I make comp CD's regularly. I love it!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:13 pm

I make them for friends sometimes, and I used to make them quite often when I was younger (only they were cassettes).

I need to make some more, because I find myself hitting the skip button a lot when listening to cds in the car.
They are also good for long driving trips. It's like listening to the radio only all the songs are good, and there are no commercials or senseless chatter.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:36 pm

I've recently discovered a way to record from MySpace. Putting these random songs on a disc to listen to later is a big plus.

Anyone know of any defunct, lesser known/undiscovered Christian metal bands who only had songs on MySpace? I wouldn't mind acquiring some of these.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:55 pm

Suffer/Triggersoul
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=30137348

Also Tykkus had said they might put some of the recordings they did for their scraped LP project up, but they haven't yet.

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:09 pm

I used to make compilations all the time. I called them Bucket Mixes Very Happy

havn't made one for awhile now though.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 4:38 pm

Some years ago I made a compilation of praise and worship songs.
Now I never make a compilation anymore.
I made a compilation of Teramaze, Fighter, Bride

That's a great found to know how you can record from MySpace and make a compilation CD of those songs.
It's cool to listen later to those songs again.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 5:59 pm

Quote :
Also Tykkus had said they might put some of the recordings they did for their scraped LP project up, but they haven't yet.

If it is different songs than what was on the Unlaut EP, I would like to hear that. But, for those 4 songs, I liked Randy's voice so well that I don't really want to hear the guy they replaced him with. To me, that band started going down hill when Trog left.

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 7:30 pm

How can you record from MySpace?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:52 pm

Well, there are a couple of ways. First, you can buy software that records the format of file that MySpace uses. If your soundcard plays it, the software can catch it. Many free programs don't recognize the MySpace file types. With newer computers with Windows Vista, you get a very basic soundcard that only records through the CD/DVD drive or input jacks, so even the software can't really help you.

So, if you have 2 computers, you can go to MySpace on one. You can download a free program like Audacity on the other. You then need a 3/8" stereo to stereo cable (available from Radio Shack). Hook one computer's earphone jack to the input (microphone or line in) on the 2nd computer. Then, just play the song and let the software record for you.

Works for me! We have a laptop, so getting the two computers together is really easy.

Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:59 pm

I have been making "comps" since it was on tape, and I still listen to some of those old mix tapes.

Now, I make comp cds to work out to. I want my entire workout to keep me amped up as much as possible, so I make comps and leave out the slower songs.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:15 am

LateFortheParty wrote:

Now, I make comp cds to work out to. I want my entire workout to keep me amped up as much as possible, so I make comps and leave out the slower songs.

Work out? What's that scratch
Are you working out personal problems?

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:36 am

alldatndensum wrote:
If your soundcard plays it, the software can catch it. Many free programs don't recognize the MySpace file types. With newer computers with Windows Vista, you get a very basic soundcard that only records through the CD/DVD drive or input jacks, so even the software can't really help you.
There are many programs that really will record anything the soundcard plays so whatever you hear is what it will record. I don't see what Vista has to do with what the hardware can do.
Quote :
So, if you have 2 computers, you can go to MySpace on one. You can download a free program like Audacity on the other. You then need a 3/8" stereo to stereo cable (available from Radio Shack). Hook one computer's earphone jack to the input (microphone or line in) on the 2nd computer. Then, just play the song and let the software record for you.
The way I originally explained it to alldat was with one computer doing the same thing. You just can't hear what's playing while recording in that case since you have to unplug the speaker out (unless it still works if headphones are plugged in). Oh, and it's 1/8" jacks you need. If you have 2 computers it makes it easier.

topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:39 am

I always did full albums on tapes. I bought a few comps and I recorded my airshifts. I've only made a few comps of Christian music and that was within the first year.

I need to make a couple comps still for those who requested them long ago.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 2:03 am

topshot rhit wrote:

I need to make a couple comps still for those who requested them long ago.

Oh yes, we are still anxiously waiting.
Twisted Evil

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 6:07 am

I find I don't have enough time to record stuff to many compilation CD's anymore, so I just take the originals (normally 4 a day) to work with me and listen to them through my shift.

The last compilation I made (and indeed the first one for a couple of years) was about 6 months ago when I stuck Boarders, Titanic, Bride, Mastedon, Disciple, Hovland and others on a CD. It's a good CD to listen to!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 9:45 am

Staybrite wrote:
God's time is not our time. Smile

Quote :
Boarders, Titanic, Bride, Mastedon, Disciple, Hovland
Gee, which one is out of place in this collection? Shocked

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 4:05 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
God's time is not our time. Smile

Tongue

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 2:06 am

I make comp cds all the time..I like to make them by year..I made a secular one recently of only metal released in 1982. I made a christian metal one recently of only 80s bands without major label deals.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:26 am

I rarely actually burn CDs, but I often make my own best-of-bands playlists for my iPod.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:38 pm

These days I don't have time to sift thru albums for the best songs and make a compilation mix-
My latest hobby has been personal album reviews. I like to listen to entire albums, whether I like all the songs or just a few. I'm exploring the history of faith-based music and therefore exploring each album in its entirity.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:47 pm

I tend to take albums to work, burn them on to my computer and then listen to different songs during the day. Today though (shock horror) was a no metal day!! There aren't too many of those!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever make compilation discs?   Do you ever make compilation discs? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you ever make compilation discs?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next