Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brian Vincent McGovern

Go down 
+4
Through The Dark Radio
Xid
Staybrite
ishmael81
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Brian Vincent McGovern Empty
PostSubject: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 4:37 pm

So I got a two tape set from a friend that's a bit unusual. It's Brian vincent McGovern, who wrote for HM for a long time. It's a song he wrote about abortion called Blood Money. The first is kind of a bluesy feel and the other is more of a Cheap Trick kind of thing with the same lyrics. The person singing sounds like a woman but I could be wrong.

Anyone know anything about this because I can't find a thing about it. I'd like to know what it's worth because it seems pretty rare - although it may be so rare that no one wants it! lol...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 4:50 pm

Man you guys come up with some obscure stuff.  I've never heard of this at all.

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 5:25 pm

Me either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 3:33 pm

Lol. Luckily it didn't cost much. I don't think I'll see much return on that investment tho it's cool.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 11:40 am

It's apparently listed in the Firestream Vault.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 10:34 am

It is! There's not much info there tho...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 12:18 pm

Wow, the cassettes you have (assuming you still have 'em) are a one-of-a-kind item. Not saying they're worth anything though! They're probably 22 years old, and were made a year or two before I went to work as Assistant Editor of HM. (I worked there from March '95 through about the end of '98 or so.)

The story: I used to write lyrics for fun. I was terrible at it, but it was sort of a creative outlet. I saw an ad in Writer's Digest for a place that would take your poetry or song lyrics, write music for it, and record it in a studio. The vocal is definitely a female. They initially sent me the softer version of the song, but I had something edgier in mind. So I wrote back and told them I wasn't satisfied. Then they recorded the other version. I wasn't really happy with that one either, but at the time I still thought it was neat to hear my lyrics in song form. It's more of a novelty than anything. The company was called Chapel Music, but I think they're probably long since out of business.

I have no idea how the tapes got out there into the world. Last I knew, they were in my parents' basement. My guess is that at some point in the past 20 years, an old box of cassettes must have gone to Goodwill or something. It blows my mind that these resurfaced.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 12:26 pm

Thanks for the story Brian. It is an interesting thing to have and I bought it without listening to it. With your name on it, I assumed it was going to be metal or hard rock so imagine my surprise when I actually heard it.

Do you still have copies? If you don't and want one, I'll give you this one to let the kids and grandkids listen to...
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 5:37 pm

That is if he has a cassette player Very Happy

And welcome to CHM Brian!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 7:18 pm

Welcome to CHM Brian.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 8:36 pm

Welcome to CHM! It's always cool when artists join message boards and give stories of the making of their music. Smile
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:48 am

Driven wrote:
Welcome to CHM! It's always cool when artists join message boards and give stories of the making of their music. Smile

+1
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:30 am

WElcome, Brian!!!!  Make yourself at home!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 9:59 am

Welcome Brian to CHM
We hope you enjoy CHM as much as we do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:08 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'd love to have the tapes for posterity, though I don't have a cassette deck. If you want to send 'em my way you can PM me for my address. I can cover postage at least!

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 10:00 am

Brian, before I send it do you want me to see if I can rip it to mp3's?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Vincent McGovern   Brian Vincent McGovern I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Vincent McGovern
Page 1 of 1