Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Neon Cross STILL together ??

Go down 
+3
Samson
Through The Dark Radio
Guilty/Forgiven
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Neon Cross STILL together ?? Empty
PostSubject: Neon Cross STILL together ??   Neon Cross STILL together ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:50 am

Here's the flyer - only 2 hours from me, I might add.. I'm familiar with Nostalgia, and shocked to see the very old band Neon Cross playing ??? When did they get back in the scene ?

and who are these other bands ? What do they sound like ?

Neon Cross STILL together ?? La_con10
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Neon Cross STILL together ??   Neon Cross STILL together ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:13 am

20 Lb Sledge is a hard rock/metal outfit.  Dale (FishingD) has played them on Metal Pulse Radio.  And yes, NC is still around but not all that active.  They've been working on an ultimate compilation album for some years now  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Neon Cross STILL together ??   Neon Cross STILL together ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:22 am

Anschluss Amor is an industrial band from Illinois.

https://www.facebook.com/XAnschlussAmorX/timeline
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Neon Cross STILL together ??   Neon Cross STILL together ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 10:05 am

Nice ! Thanks for the info... seriously thinking about mozying on over to this concert to check it out.
Gonna hafta hit up my old buddy from High School to see it he wants to go with me. (Wife wouldn't do a concert like this... unfortunately - but she'll drag me to a Luke Bryan concert ---- UGH. I'm not a hater of modern country, but that doesn't mean I want to see any in concert. Oh well, love your wives as Christ loved the Church right ? Even then, I don't think Christ would take us to a country concert  Laughing  )
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Neon Cross STILL together ??   Neon Cross STILL together ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 10:35 am

I'd go, i'd love to see Neon Cross.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Neon Cross STILL together ??   Neon Cross STILL together ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Neon Cross still does local shows on occasion. Up until around 2008/2009 David Reeves used to post here on occasion. They were rumored to be working on an album back then, but only a few tracks saw the light of day (but not on any official releases that I know of).

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Neon Cross STILL together ??   Neon Cross STILL together ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Man they go SO far back ! I have their first album on vinyl. Wonder if it's the original band members ? If so, I really would like to see this, whether I find someone to go with me or not.
Back to top Go down
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Neon Cross STILL together ??   Neon Cross STILL together ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 3:48 pm

I notice from time to time posts about live shows the NC still do. The vocalist is on my fb. AAs lead singer is also on my fb. The guy who is putting on RRR is also on my fb page..I know I know Im Mr Popular
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Neon Cross STILL together ??   Neon Cross STILL together ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Man they go SO far back ! I have their first album on vinyl. Wonder if it's the original band members ? If so, I really would like to see this, whether I find someone to go with me or not.

David Raymond Reeves & Don Webster are both pretty much original members (vocals & guitar).
Last I heard Terry Russell (from Holy Soldier) is on drums, but have no clue who is on bass (at one time "back in the day" PK Mitchell played bass for them).

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Neon Cross STILL together ??   Neon Cross STILL together ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 4:28 pm

They have a website. http://www.neoncrossmusic.com/

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Neon Cross STILL together ??   Neon Cross STILL together ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 4:48 pm

Oh man ! PK Mitchell ! If PK was gonna be there on bass, then do his own set, I would SO go, even by myself !!
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Neon Cross STILL together ??   Neon Cross STILL together ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 10:54 pm

Quote :
Neon Cross still does local shows on occasion. Up until around 2008/2009 David Reeves used to post here on occasion. They were rumored to be working on an album back then, but only a few tracks saw the light of day (but not on any official releases that I know of).

Yes, that is correct in that Neon Cross was once at work on a new album, which never saw the light of day.  I dug through some of the old Angelic Warlord news archives and found the following Neon Cross press release from an update to the site from way back in February of 2007:

Quote :
NEON CROSS has been rocking the world with a message of love and redemption since the early 80s.  Not since the release of Torn has any other NEON CROSS CD been so highly anticipated and will prove to be their best release yet.  The album, although not official named as of yet, has an expected release date of Spring 2007 and promises to have something for everyone.  Thrown in will be traditional hymns covered metal style and live recordings as well as many tracks never released or even heard outside of their live audience.  NEON CROSS wants the fans to be included in the experience and to reach them on a deeper level than simply just entertainment which has always been the goal.

I wonder whatever happened to the album?  Why was it shelved for over seven years? You would think there would be a lot of label interest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Neon Cross STILL together ??   Neon Cross STILL together ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 11:14 pm

I know that Don was in some sort of bicycle/motorcycle accident several years back that caused him to set the album aside.  Could be he just never started it back up again.

PostSubject: Re: Neon Cross STILL together ??   Neon Cross STILL together ?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neon Cross STILL together ??
Page 1 of 1