Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christian blues.

Go down 
+10
Guilty/Forgiven
Riverrat
oldschooldoom
MikeInFla
ishmael81
dale434445
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
BearDad
rockerVu2
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Christian blues. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 9:02 am

Thanks Guilty/Forgiven.
Check "m" out later.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 2:19 pm

"The Electric Rev"  Laughing Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 6:41 am

Just a warning on the Jimmie Bratcher stuff.  While all of his previous albums have been very Christian in nature, his newest one "Secretly Famous" is definitely a secular project.  There's nothing that I see to be objectional with it, but there are some who might not want this due to the shift in lyrical content.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 8:45 am

Thank you for telling this.
Back to top Go down
Deepfriar

Deepfriar

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2014-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 10:48 am

I like Crimson Blues quite a bit.  I'm new to this forum so it won't let me post a link, but go to Amazon and search under digital music for Crimson Blues & check out their album "Live and Kickin."  It's good, down 'n' dirty southern-sounding blues rock.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 6:44 pm

I had heard of these guys but never checked out their sound samples.  I might just have to download this!  Cool to find another good blues band!  Thanks, Deepfriar!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 8:00 am

Thanks Deepfriar, will check them out.
Back to top Go down
Deepfriar

Deepfriar

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2014-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 8:57 am

np guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 9:09 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I had heard of these guys but never checked out their sound samples.  I might just have to download this!  Cool to find another good blues band!  Thanks, Deepfriar!
I don't know, alldat, half the songs are over 6 minutes. Evil or Very Mad

geek

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 8:09 am

True, but there is something about a blues jam that I can follow.  Of course, it is mostly the leads being played over the same 3-4 chord progression.

Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm surprised people haven't mentioned Larry Howard and Q-Stone yet.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 8:29 pm

Try Chris Lizotte and Soul Motion for a sound that is similar to SRV, but not a clone.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 9:09 pm

Are all of his albums like that?  If so, I NEED to check those out!

Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 10:44 pm

Unfortunately that is the only one in the blues style.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 7:57 am

Then I am going to snag that one up!  That one song is absolutely brilliant!

Although not Christian, I am probably going to get the boxed set of Stevie Ray Vaughn.  The man was a killer player.  Most of his stuff was not lyrically bad, either.

Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 8:08 am

Another good one is Craig Erickson
Although not Christian music lyrically, Craig is a Christian.
I remember when he first came on the scene his cds were reviewed in some Christian magazines.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 7:17 am

Sounds almost just like Rex Carrol Band!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 10:48 pm

dale434445 wrote:
Try Chris Lizotte and Soul Motion for a sound that is similar to SRV, but not a clone.

I scored a cheap copy on Amazon of this.  Man, it's really good stuff!  I wish they'd done more.

The guitarist on this project is Raymond McDonald.  You may remember him from his two solo discs when he went under the name Sleepy Ray.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 6:37 am

I made a new discovery this weekend that some of you might want to check out.  The band is called 10th Leper.  It refers to the 10 lepers that Jesus spoke of in a parable.  You will remember that all of them were healed but only the 10th leper returned to thank Him.  That is what they are referring to.

Their website is here:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can get their only album that was done in 2013 here at CD Baby:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Samples are available at CD Baby as well.

Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 7:32 pm

I remember Craig Erickson, was supposed to be like Stevie Ray Vaughn.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 9:18 am

I really like the songs of Craig Erickson.
His songs reminds me so much to the blues Rex is playing.
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Just came across this Ashley Cleveland track and it certainly seems fit for this topic. I love her raw voice. You can't go wrong with Ashley Cleveland.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 5:26 pm

I need to track down some Q Stone.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 9:37 am

There are so many cool blues bands now that it's hard to make a choice what to order.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 8:51 pm

I finally tracked down the 2nd album from The Steve Riddle Band called "Trust".  I have had their debut for many, many years now and wanted to find the 2nd release.  Believe it or not, I found it still available through the band for only $10.  You just have to order the old fashioned way--through the mail.  I have to send a check or money order to them and they will send out the CD.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian blues.   Christian blues. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian blues.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next