Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Training Kids for "Big Brother"?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Training Kids for "Big Brother"? Empty
PostSubject: Training Kids for "Big Brother"?   Training Kids for "Big Brother"? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Quote :

[b]RFID Chips in School Uniforms Track Students

Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:16AM EDT

See Comments (420)
How would feel about this: Tracking chips in kids' school clothing so that school officials can know their whereabouts during the school day?
Oh, it's happening. Ten students in a secondary school in the United Kingdom are being tracked through RFID implants in their school uniforms in a pilot program. Information Week reports that the kids attend Hungerhill School for ages 11-16 in Edenthorpe, England.

Add the RFID chips to increased video surveillance and fingerprinting of kids, and this is a heavily tracked generation—for safety's sake.

That extra peace of mind for adults comes with a heavy loss of privacy for kids. Do you agree with David Clouter, a parent and founder of the children's advocacy group Leave Them Kids Alone, who says taking all these precautions has the effect of treating kids like criminals? Or do you agree with the parents who have OKed the pilot program who do not find it egregiously intrusive?

One possible side effect: Uniform sales may pick up as kids try to procure extra non-RFID-tagged clothing. As security expert Bruce Schneier writes on his blog: "So now it's easy to cut class; just ask someone to carry your shirt around the building while you're elsewhere."

LINK: U.K. Kids Get RFID Chips in School Uniforms [Information Week]

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/devlin/17027

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Training Kids for "Big Brother"?   Training Kids for "Big Brother"? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 4:16 pm

Oh most certainly Mr Clouter "Leave Your Kids Alone" don't look through their rooms, don't look at their internet traffic. Don't check out their friends or school either.....

Just don't be surprised when they are doing drugs, stealing, skipping school, having sex at 11, or better yet killed by some psychotic pervert.

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Training Kids for "Big Brother"?   Training Kids for "Big Brother"? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 7:11 pm

My problem is the "big brother" syndrome.

I am all for watching kids' internet traffic, checking their bedrooms, TALKING to them, but to have an RFID chip is over the line. There are a million "reasons" why they are good, but the one most compelling against the chips is simple. Give the government an inch and they take a mile.

We began lojacking pets a few years ago to get the initial stigma removed. Now, for the name of safety for the kids, we start chipping them. Next, we ALL get to be chipped and tracked every minute of every day. The RFID chips may not be the "mark of the beast", but I would be willing to wager that they will all be model #999.

Seriously, if you're THAT worried about your precious baby blue, make sure they NEVER leave the house, NEVER form relationships, NEVER take ANY chances, NEVER experience life and while you're at it, put a shotgun slug through their brain at birth. We can't let baby blue EVER know anything other than a perfect, sterile, pampered existance in a bubble.

Be a responsible parent. OR, lojack your kids and all future generations will know nothing of life and FREEDOM!

JMHO
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Training Kids for "Big Brother"?   Training Kids for "Big Brother"? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 10:03 pm

all i can say is i would HATE to have sombody watch over me like that Mad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Training Kids for "Big Brother"?   Training Kids for "Big Brother"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 12:14 pm

drumdude wrote:
all i can say is i would HATE to have sombody watch over me like that Mad

I bet you would, you naughty boy.
Tongue

drumdude

PostSubject: Re: Training Kids for "Big Brother"?   Training Kids for "Big Brother"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 12:15 pm

thanks but most of the time its me thats doing the watching over i have three younger brothers and two older sisters
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Training Kids for "Big Brother"?   Training Kids for "Big Brother"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 12:23 pm

I know what it's like to have people watch over you like that. Bridgestone has installed computers on all of our machines to help track material, tire inventory, and to track "the man". They know exactly what time we start our machines and what time we stop. They monitor our breaks through those computers down to the exact minute now. Throughout the day, we get 1 complete hour of breaks (in a 12 hour shift). We have had several people be written up for taking an hour and 3 minutes.

Then, you have RFID tags on most everything at Wal-Mart. Those tags tell the store when to reorder as inventory gets low, when a stereo is carried into another department, etc. Some of those tags can be read by handheld scanners that can pick up the signal up to half a mile. If you fail to remove those tags, burglars with good equipment can case your house to see what you have bought new so they would know what to steal.

Big Brother isn't coming--it's here.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
drumdude

drumdude

PostSubject: Re: Training Kids for "Big Brother"?   Training Kids for "Big Brother"? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:11 pm

you got that right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training Kids for "Big Brother"?   Training Kids for "Big Brother"? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training Kids for "Big Brother"?
Page 1 of 1