Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You Alone - Kutless.

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

You Alone - Kutless. Empty
PostSubject: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 11:06 am

"You Alone" is the new single of a new album of Kutless.
The CD will be released in February 2014.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 4:14 pm

I hope it has more rock songs on it than the last one or I won't be getting it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 4:46 pm

I've kind of given up on this group. I need one of you guys to tell me if all of the sudden they decide to rock again or I'm not even going to waste my time listening to any of their new music.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 5:08 pm

That's what I hope too -- one rockin' song.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 5:49 pm

I like rock Kutless just as much as the next person, but I admit I've enjoyed their last couple of albums as well. I like the new song as well.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 9:58 am

Staybrite wrote:
I've kind of given up on this group.  I need one of you guys to tell me if all of the sudden they decide to rock again or I'm not even going to waste my time listening to any of their new music.

I agree.  The last album had like three rockers on it and 11 pop tunes that sounded more like MercyMe than Kutless.  Unless they declare that they are headed back to the rock side, I doubt I'd buy another disc from them without hearing a ton of songs on the radio that I fell in love with.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:48 pm

For me the first two Kutless CDs really rock.
I wonder why Kutless decided to stop making rock CDs.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 6:57 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I don't know, but I wish they would return to the more rocking stuff.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:57 am

I wish the same Gary.
One Praise and worship CD is OK, but I hope Kutless wil start making a rockin' CD again.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:16 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:

Part of it has to do with the fact that the singer is like the only original member left.  The guys who wanted to rock the most may have left.  Also, the two worship discs have outsold everything else they've done.  Add to that the fact that most of their songs played on the radio were the slower poppier songs, and you've got more than enough reasons to change over.  If that's what people kept paying to hear, I'd probably do that too.

Luckily for ya'll, Mission Of One didn't do any slower pop songs!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 8:42 am

That can be a reason for Kutless to make worships CDs.

I'm glad Mission Of One still rocks and I hope it always will be a rock band.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 5:05 pm

Kutless actually has branded themselves as a rock/worship band.  So, I doubt there will be any heavier rock albums from these guys in the future.

Listen to the new Kutless album here as a preview:

http://www.newreleasetuesday.com/albumpreview.php

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 5:13 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Kutless actually has branded themselves as a rock/worship band.  So, I doubt there will be any heavier rock albums from these guys in the future.

Listen to the new Kutless album here as a preview:

http://www.newreleasetuesday.com/albumpreview.php

From what I hear here, it's a worship CD like the last ones.  Poppy and catchy, but nothing that really rocks.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Yep, that clinches it. I'm officially done with the band, won't even bother to check out any new music from them.

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:24 pm

I actually don't mind it. I've always kinda liked their more worship songs. Don't get me wrong, I like the rockers as well but I don't mind this more pop/worship/ccm Kutless. If they ever were to return to their earlier stuff, I'd like it to. I'll be getting this CD when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:00 pm

I don't mind that it is a worship album now that the band is actually advertising themselves as such.  I don't blame them for going this direction as both of their previous worship discs have outsold the rest of their catalog.  I like the sound of this one and have actually preordered it through the label.  I will get the downloads of the album the day it releases and the disc in the mail in a couple of days following.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 8:52 am

Listend to some new Kutless songs.
They sound not bad.
But if I buy this new album is a ?
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:04 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I don't mind that it is a worship album now that the band is actually advertising themselves as such. 

+1
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:59 am

I certainly don't slight the band for the style of music they are making, and it's great that they have been able to expand their fan base.. But sadly they have evolved into something I am no longer interested In.

Number of posts : 3872

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:52 am

Sell-outs, plain and simple. Their debut will remain one of my all-time favorites. If I want P&W I'll listen to Redman, Tomlin, et al who do it better than Kutless.

phydeaux72

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-10-26

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 1:22 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Sell-outs, plain and simple.

Or perhaps they're just doing what they feel God has called them to do. For shame!!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 2:31 pm

phydeaux72 wrote:

Or perhaps they're just doing what they feel God has called them to do. For shame!!

You Alone - Kutless. Shock
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:20 pm

Yeah, I don't think they are "sell outs", I just think they evolved and felt God calling them to more of a worship/rock band type. Its like the discussion that always happens with Disciple. People will choose to only listen up to By God and nothing after that because their earlier albums rocked and more screaming vox. Whereas they changed up their sound (not a whole lot mind you) and they are able to reach more people as a hard rock band. So I'm not going to fault the guys in Kutless for not making a rock record in the sense of it being like their first album if it's what they feel God is calling them to.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:33 pm

I'm not at all sure I by the "God called them to change their music style argument". But like I said before, I don't care what kind of music they play. But if I don't like it, I won't be buying any of it.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:52 pm

phydeaux72 wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:
Sell-outs, plain and simple.

Actually, the rock side of things that they started off with may have been more of a sell out.  Kutless started out.....as a church youth group worship band.  They started rocking in order to get signed.  From what I understand, the lead singer wanted to stay a worship band but the rest of the guys did not.  Seeing that he is the only original member left, he may have just taken the band in the direction he wanted to go originally.  I wouldn't be so quick to label them "sell-outs" without knowing their hearts.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Alone - Kutless.   You Alone - Kutless. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You Alone - Kutless.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next