Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do it or not?

Go down 
+5
alldatndensum
Fundy
Through The Dark Radio
ishmael81
rockerVu2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Do it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Do it or not?   Do it or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:08 am

With a new Bloodgood and a new Stryper CD coming out soon I don't know what to do.
If I preorder both CDs now or I wait till both CDs are released.

What did you do?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Do it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do it or not?   Do it or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:53 am

I put the Stryper in my Amazon wish list because I can't afford to preorder. But, if I could preorder, I'd go over to Stryper.com and order that cd/t-shirt package.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Do it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do it or not?   Do it or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 11:29 am

What about the Bride release as well?
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5334
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Do it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do it or not?   Do it or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:20 pm

I've pre-ordered the Stryper and Bride albums.  Going to wait for christmas for PK Mitchell, Bloodgood and.... (okay, so I was going to say Worldview, but that looks like it's not going to make christmas)

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Do it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do it or not?   Do it or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Bride always has been one of my favorite bands.
I have to listen more to the new Bride to decide if I order this CD or not. 

Fundy, do you know if there are more songs you can listen to from the new Bride album?
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5334
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Do it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do it or not?   Do it or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 5:11 pm

I've heard three songs from the new album so far, Free, All The Kids and Melting.  They're good songs, and I'm looking forward to hearing the complete album (17 tracks in all I think...).  I've always loved Dale's vocal power, so I know I'm going to rate this album - even if it's not completely in the style I love.  Whatever they do seems to be good.

01 Unbelievers
02 Darker Days
03 Darker
04 We Lie
05 Serenade
06 All The Kids Are Gone
07 Melting
08 Free
09 Religion
10 I Can’t Imagine
11 I Want It All
12 2nd Suite For Children
13 Where You Want To Go
14 Sleep On
15 Uke
16 Something I Need To Know
17 I Choose You

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Do it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do it or not?   Do it or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 5:12 pm

I have PK MItchell and Bloodgood preordered.  I will probably do the same for both Bride and Stryper, but wait a bit closer to the release dates.  Last week, Matt from Retroactive said he should have the new Bride in stock in two weeks, so we shall see.  I know that the mastering is done as Cliffy was talking about that over at CMR.

From the samples I've heard, I think I will like Stryper more than Bride.  I am reluctant to get Bride simply because Dale is a jerk who gets mad when people disagree with him on even the smallest issues, bans them from the Facebook page, and says all sorts of mean things to them when he does this.  He deletes you after sending the rude messages so you can't respond.  I've heard the same story from too many fans and then had it happen to me back in the summer.  I am sure that I've persecuted him for not agreeing with him.  Regardless, I like their music, but I have little respect for Dale on a personal level.  His lyrics are thought-provoking and he has a great metal voice.  But, Bride would be nothing without Troy's riffage.  You will see Dale toot his own horn, but you never hear Troy acting like a spoiled rock star.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Do it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do it or not?   Do it or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 5:43 pm

I've never preordered anything cuz I don't know if I trust it. However I plan on getting both Bloodgood and Stryper when they come out but I still have to get the new Sacred Warrior. 

As for the Bride thing the jury is still out on that. They were actually my favorite band back in the day. I've never had any words with Dale other than talking about the music, or when I gave my condolences when Steve Osborne passed away. It's not that I'm scared of him or anything but I don't agree with his theology but I think to try and argue it with him would be a losing battle. Because of his theology I don't know if I can support Bride anymore
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9959
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Do it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do it or not?   Do it or not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 1:50 am

No pre-orders for me. Gonna wait awhile and try to snag used copies later when they're only 3 or 4 bucks Twisted Evil 
In other words, I'm broke Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Do it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do it or not?   Do it or not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:02 pm

I don't do pre orders either.  I will get both albums though.

Do it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do it or not?   Do it or not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 6:41 pm

I strongly believe in pre-ordering, as I believe the smaller labels really need it to help show why a "store" should stock their product. It helps to show drawing power. Well, I know at least 2 people in the biz that said that, I don't know if it is true or not, I just always supported them like it was.

Sometimes, labels need the upfront cash to get the cd out too.

I pre-ordered both (well, I did Kickstarter for the Bloodgood actually)
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Do it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do it or not?   Do it or not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 6:47 pm

I'm all for pre-ordering and haven't been screwed over yet.  However, over a year ago I pre-ordered a "private release" CD from a band that hasn't been made yet...  (Basically whoever ordered it would receive a specially made custom CD just for that person, etc.)  I keep getting updates and with each update come changes that make it less and less desirable...  Oh well.  We'll see what comes of it.  But otherwise I've had good fortune with pre-ordering.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Do it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do it or not?   Do it or not? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 8:42 pm

I pre ordered Bloodgood because I know I'll never be able to get any press stuff.....  no Sacred Warrior or King James yet either and both had indicated they'd send stuff.... but that was a couple of months back...

Stryper I'll probably just buy eventually .... their PR folks hooked me up with MP3's due to the cheapness of Frontier Records..... having said that I'm blessed that I get to hear a lot of stuff because honestly I do not have financial resources to keep my hobby alive these days.....

Bride.... we'll see I suppose....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Do it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do it or not?   Do it or not? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do it or not?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: