Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My High School buddy's tribute page

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

My High School buddy's tribute page Empty
PostSubject: My High School buddy's tribute page   My High School buddy's tribute page I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 8:40 pm

I had a best friend in high school who, after graduation, went into the service and I never heard much from him over the years. Only on occasion I'd get an email here and there. We kind of grew apart as I came to faith and he had his own beliefs. But I still consider him a great friend who was a part of my teen years.

A few years ago I created a webpage birthday gift for him. I sent him the link, but I'm not sure he was able to see it or click the links on the page due to him being stationed in Germany.

Anyways, I recently stumbled upon the page again, and wanted to share it with anyone who could appreciate the work I put into it. It's a "reminiscing page" with some silliness thrown in.  So, check it out if you want:

http://mysite.verizon.net/resvlc4p/jg/gallagher.html
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: My High School buddy's tribute page   My High School buddy's tribute page I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 9:51 pm

Ok, wait a second here.

You had a best friend?

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: My High School buddy's tribute page   My High School buddy's tribute page I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 9:56 pm

That was cool, love all the pics.
I'm going to it was special ed where you met, not drivers ed.geek 

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My High School buddy's tribute page   My High School buddy's tribute page I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:11 pm

haha ! Didja like all the soundbytes ?

This tribute took me a long time, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't even able to click on all the links, since he's stationed in Germany and was using a cell phone for internet ... sigh
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: My High School buddy's tribute page   My High School buddy's tribute page I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 2:31 pm

Love the sound bytes (especially John Bender)

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My High School buddy's tribute page   My High School buddy's tribute page I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:23 pm

haha yeh, my buddy's name was John... so I'd always walk up to him, grab his shirt and say "smoke up Johneeee" - haah, good times.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: My High School buddy's tribute page   My High School buddy's tribute page I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:48 am

But then my home work was never quite like this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My High School buddy's tribute page   My High School buddy's tribute page I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 11:34 am

Quite prophetic of the times we live in now eh ??
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: My High School buddy's tribute page   My High School buddy's tribute page I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:45 pm

Cool page!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My High School buddy's tribute page   My High School buddy's tribute page I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks. I put a few hours work in it, John got to see it about a week later but wasn't able to hear the sound bytes that I created. So, having stumbled on it recently, I thought I might as well share it with others that might get a kick out of it...
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: My High School buddy's tribute page   My High School buddy's tribute page I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:39 am

It reminded me of my own "Senior Ditch Day". You see I was gonna stay home. I already told my dad and he said fine... But one of my best friends (and still talk to him regularly) said he wasn't gonna miss..... Was afraid his dad might find out and get mad. Then come senior lay out day he calls me 7 am (I had a phone in my bedroom). He says "I decided to lay out today!" I said "cool! what made you change your mind?". He asked "Have you looked outside?".... "No, I've been asleep". So I looked outside and it SNOWED. SNOWED enough to call off school! He said "Yeah, now the underclassmen can thank us for giving them the day off too on Senior Lay Out Day".  It was cool but I was bummed that I really wasn't ditching school.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My High School buddy's tribute page   My High School buddy's tribute page I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:26 pm

haha ! great story !

I told my parents, look, I haven't ditched one day of these last 4 years, I'm guaranteed to graduate, and everyone's going to Disneyland ON SCHOOL BUSES!  I said please have mercy on me and let me and John go to Big Bear on Senior Ditch Day instead of the 3 hour bus drive from hell. So they said "that's ok, but only one friend since your truck only has 2 seats and 2 seatbelts !"

Now I know what you're thinking... and yes I told the truth about never ditching. I was SO afraid of my Dad, that while I may have been several minutes late to a class, I never once ever ditched one class. So that was NOT a lie.
However, the one lie I did tell, was that I was just taking my friend John (they knew him and approved) - Little did they know that I had a tarp in the back of my Datsun 210 which held a bunch of punks who were smokin' pot in the back of my truck on the drive up (which I did not approve of - in fact they lied to me, cuz I told them I'd take them up there on our get-away but I didn't want them bringing or doing any of their crap in my truck... so the one picture you see of all the punkers, is after we got there and they were all stoned outta their heads)

Nevertheless, we had the DAY OF OUR LIVES up there in Big Bear... we did more crazy things with sleds and my truck than should ever be done in the snow ! I got a ton of stories just from that ONE day... it's a wonder any of us are still alive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My High School buddy's tribute page   My High School buddy's tribute page I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My High School buddy's tribute page
Page 1 of 1