Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find... Empty
PostSubject: The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find...   The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find... I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:07 pm

This song by the Dogs of Peace is the closest I can find out of 1000s of Christian prog albums in existence:
http://www.guiltyforgiven.com/DOGS.mp3

What do you think ? Musically, you can tell they got their influence from the Beatles as well as PF.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find...   The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find... I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Cool tune, really has the "British" psychedelic/prog vibe to it (Pink Floyd, ELP, Moody Blues). Isn't the rest of the album more of a 90's alternative kind of thing?

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find...   The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find... I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Yeah, there's a bit more of that sound throughout, but that one song is really cool.
I was going thru my collection searching for any that have a Pink Floyd sound. I found a few, but it's usually only in a few songs here and there. PF is really in a class all by themselves
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find...   The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find... I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:41 pm

The only one I know of is a Christmas tune (sort of like Apologetix except lyrics aren't changed).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOMwxANznS0
Great album, BTW, if you like Christmas music.

topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find...   The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find... I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:07 am

Another one to check out is Neal Morse. He did a fan club release of some Floyd covers (you can find one on YT).

mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find...   The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find... I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:48 pm

You could check out Jimmy Hotz..... I'm not a big PF fan myself but I thought the album that was reissued a few years back had the PF vibe....

https://youtu.be/PrAPRP6NnAI
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find...   The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find... I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 9:42 am

That Christmas song is pretty cool. Didn't hear it too much in the beginning, but when it hit the musical segment you could totally hear the PF.
I have Hotz's music as well as Morse's. Haven't listened to too much Morse, but the Hotz album does have the PF feel at times. Gonna have to give Morse a listen.
Back to top Go down
Superjuice

Superjuice

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-02-20

PostSubject: Re: The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find...   The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find... I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:37 am

The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find... Azure

Here's another band that sounds like Floyd, but has other 70's influences like Genesis plus a little Marrillion possibly.  Anyway, good old school prog.

http://www.myspace.com/azuregroup
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find...   The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find... I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Superjuice (welcome, by the way) - now why'd you have to introduce me to Azure ?? They're way cool !! Now I have to buy yet another CD - I'm going broke people Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find...   The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The closest to Pnk Floyd I can find...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: