Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This or That... DEATH edition

Go down 
+7
rockerVu2
Driven
alldatndensum
unworthy
Staybrite
ishmael81
Guilty/Forgiven
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

This or That... DEATH edition Empty
PostSubject: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 2:01 pm

I'll probably get kicked off the board for this one...Laughing JK (but if it is too inappropriate, I'll understand) Besides, we all know where we're going, right ? We just don't know what's gonna take us there.
Game is simple, yet rather morbid. Face it, we're all gonna die someday. It's human nature to not discuss the "how" unless you're a Goth/Emo kid. So here's how this works- Given the choice (and you HAVE to choose one), which way would you rather die ? And with this one, please explain the "why" for your choice.
Start with a simple one:
Car accident causing instant death or Complete cardiac arrest ?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Car accident causing instant death

Well... cause it's instant. Cardiac arrest is rather painful...

Impaled by a spear or fall off a cliff
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:20 pm

I'll start by saying that for several years I have expected that I will probably kick over from some heart related issue (due to my excessive weight and poor eating habits)...but that's not the morbid kwestion of this this thread.

I think I might like to die peacefully in my sleep from something very unpainful like acute anoxia ..... why.......... because I'm a coward.
Hmmm do you think sudden decapitation would be painful?.... maybe I could just go with that.

Oh yes, and this is a morbid thread.

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:58 pm

First off I am convinced I may very well go in the rapture!

But to play the game.. Impaled by a spear..

Cancer or aids
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:59 pm

I don't want to die.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 9:01 am

While I don't think it's worthy of getting closed or removing from the board, this one is just too morbid for me. I'll die in whatever the way the Lord allows. I'll accept my fate as graciously as possible. Until then, I'm like Staybrite expecing the heart issues from my weight or sleep apnea like my mom. Other than that, I don't really want to play a game wishing on ways to die. I'm out.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:36 am

I'm just gonna say Cancer...

Driver or passenger in a car accident? (and death is in the hospital shortly after)
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:12 pm

My only answer for this thread will be.
I hope I'll die because Jesus comes back and He brings us all safe home.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:21 pm

I agree with everyone who wants their deaths to be God's will, and I also understand that there's a strong possibility that we know what our deaths could "possibly" be due to underlying conditions we already have. The reason for the thread is to consider the very real possibilities of death scenarios that we are not immune to. Having worked in the medical field my whole life, death is a daily reality that I used to ignore due to it's sadness. I have seen and heard of many ways to die. And many of them were young, expecting to live out their lives, but instead died from a bad decision. Nowadays I'm working on accepting my own imminent death, however it may occur. As far as family history: colon cancer or pancreatic cancer (I already have a bad pancreas) should i make it that far without an accident.

On with the "game" -
What a difficult one... if I'm the passenger and I die where the driver doesn't, I wouldn't want the driver to live with the guilt... So I'll go with Driver - so long as the passenger and other people live.

Alright... let's get spiritual:
RAPTURE or MARTYR ? (think hard on this one)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 5:59 pm

While I agree that God knows the hour and minute we will pass from this world to the next I don't believe he decides when, where or how. So on with the game...

Would have to be martyr since the rapture won't involve death but is about life. Very Happy

fall in a wood-chipper or fall in a vat of acid
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:06 am

Ooh… hmm… very strong acid, maybe…

Head-on collision or veering off a cliff?
(pardon all these car deaths, but I had driver's ed last week Razz)
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:06 am

veering of a cliff would be much more exciting.. and you might get to watch some scenery on your way out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:31 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:29 am

Given my backpacking hobby falling off a cliff is a possibility. My son and I will be hiking up Angel's Landing in Zion and Half Dome in Yosemite this summer. Drowning in a creek is another possibility.

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:04 pm

On with the game...

Hit in the head by a golf ball or a botched vasectomy
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 3:52 pm

Umm… definitely the golf ball… Razz

Crushed by a steamroller or buried in an avalanche?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 5:11 pm

I'm not sure which would be faster... I'd hafta go with the steamroller. I would imagine it'd take about 15 seconds to fully cover enough of the body to snuff it out. Where an avalanche (I'm assuming snow? and not an avalanche of junk from your closet Laughing )
you could survive for several minutes a slow suffocation.

Howabout:

Falling or Drowning ?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:25 am

probably Falling

Crushed in a mosh pit or Crushed in a cattle stampede?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Mosh Pit rockin out! This or That... DEATH edition 360770

Plane crash or terrorist attack
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Plane crash… if by terrorist attack you mean a plane hijacking, then definitely plane crash.

Stung by a swarm of hornets or picked apart by a flock of vultures?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 9:09 pm

I'll take the vultures, cuz that would mean I'm already dead. Vultures only pick apart dead flesh - not running screaming flesh (ie being stung by a swarm)

Would you rather die at 45 of an accident,
or at 80 having suffered several debilitating conditions over many years ?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 9:12 pm

45, no doubt… I watched my grandma fade away in the clutches of maladies, and heard of my grandpa dying in two minutes in a car crash… I just wanna go when the time comes.

Dehydration or heat stroke?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:50 am

Gee, both are a pretty harsh way to die... In most cases Heat Stroke is faster, where Dehydration can last hours, even days. Heat Stroke it is.

Necrotizing Fasciitis- The Flesh Eating Bacteria
or
Getting lost and Freezing to Death ?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Freezing to death, eh? Wink

Pushed off a cliff by your worst enemy or best friend?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Pushed by my worst enemy....because at least I wouldn't have been murdered and betrayed.

Murdered by pirates or eaten by crocodiles?

PostSubject: Re: This or That... DEATH edition   This or That... DEATH edition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This or That... DEATH edition
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next