Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

-Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)

Go down 
+5
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
Staybrite
Fundy
LRW
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LRW

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2013-03-04

-Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) Empty
PostSubject: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:28 am

Hello all CHM members, browsers, lurkers, etc.!

This is my first post, so I would just like to offer a warm greeting to everyone here.

It's recently been brought to my attention that Christian Rock/ Metal (other than the mainstream stuff) is a genre of music that typically does not sell very well. It may be that there are simply less fans these days than at one point in time (very possible), or it may be the brutal economy (I know quite a few people out of work), or perhaps a combination of these factors plus other things.

Regardless, I thought I might set out to encourage fellow metal head believers out there.

My recent album "Weathering the Winter of the Soul", is a derivative work, meaning it's my lyrics, vocal melodies, and vocals paired with the music of other talented musicians who allow licenses of their music to be purchased for collaborative purposes. It's not the best scenario in which to make music, I understand, but for a married man with five children and no band it's not a bad option. I started this project about a year ago with the idea that I would add my vocals to form a solid, if unoriginal, Christian Rock album that would cause some to remember the music of another era, and ultimately glorify God as it should. I sang on it, mixed it, and Pastor Brad added sparkle with his mastering. I went into this venture understanding I would never get out (fiscally speaking) what I put into it. Many artists of all walks understand this ahead of time, and it's just not that big of a deal when it's the message that matters.

My hope is that if money, or the lack thereof, has kept you from checking out this music, I'd like to change that. Trust me, I didn't do this for windfall profits Smile, so if you like the sound and you're even remotely interested in it, please look up "razorigami" on soundcloud.com, where you will find high quality (256) versions of each song on the album, completely free to download for a time.

Lyrics to each song can be found on metrolyrics.com , and you can also check out some of my scriptural references on razorigami.wordpress.com

I think if you give it a fair shot you might be really encouraged by it! I don't know how many downloads Soundcloud will allow but feel free to make copies and share files with friends, you have my blessing! There are also simple physical copies (1 page insert, very cool disc design) available for six bucks and some change at amazon. I will only have 25 manufactured, and 5 of them I've already sent to friends. But if you are not a collector of physical discs, you don't need to buy anything at all, it's free and I hope you enjoy it!

God Bless,
- Luke

P.S.
Just wanted to take a moment to thank Fundy for being a real encouragement. It's people like you that really keep artists wanting to make music! I am not certain what the future holds for me, musically speaking, if it holds anything at all. That's God's decision. For now, I will simply try to be the best husband and father I can be, and maybe write some lyrics here and and there. All the best to you!
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 4:47 pm

Great to see you here! I've got a physical copy of the CD (being one of those strange collector guys) and I'm glad I have. Love the album from start to finish.

Love your vocals on the album, but also your lyrics are really (really) good. As I've said in the past lyrics are always important to me, and the better the lyrics the more I tend to listen to the album (or song). So Weathering The Winter Of The Soul will definitely be a constant player on my cd player, computer, mp4 player and phone.

Thanks for all your hard work on this project, it's much appreciated.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Hey Luke welcome to our little community.

It seems like some Christian rock is selling well (but very little of it) and nearly all of it is in the "modern rock camp" (like Skillet, Disciple, Flyleaf, etc). Certainly bands playing anything resembling classic rock/metal from the 70's and 80's (and probably even 90's) are not selling even to probably even break even on the cost of making the music in the first place.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Welcome Luke to CHM.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Welcome, Luke!

If you ever want to talk about collaborating with other musicians, I can handle bass and rhythm guitars for you.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
LRW

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:39 pm

I appreciate the warm welcome guys!

@Fundy:
Can't thank you enough. Glad you got one of the 25, I've no doubt it will get it's share of spins! God's word is the ultimate lyricist's resource, and the source of all truth... I'm so thankful for it.

@Staybrite:
I hear exactly what you're saying. You've got to have a love for the old genre to pursue it these days. I remember Yngwie Malmsteen saying in an interview that you don't become a rock musician to get rich anymore, you do it for the love of the music.

@Alldat:
I may have to take you up on that offer eventually!... been glancing over my old Epiphone LP, thinking about picking it up again at some point Smile. Definitely gonna need a new amp, ha! ha!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 am

I downloaded the album last night from Amazon. Pretty good stuff!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
LRW

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:25 am

Thanks man, I appreciate that! I sang my heart out on it, and it's really good to hear you like it.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:12 am

I'd offer to collaborate but I don't know what I could add lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:26 am

I will download the album too, but to be honest I rather prefer a physical CD.

Unworthy, we can pray for Luke, for Chris that they can work out something together.
something that is giving God the honor He deserves and that others can help to see who God really is.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:48 am

I can contribute some rhythm guitar.. but I'm not all that great.. or help with some lyrics... Smile

and pray.. yes, I pray for all here and CMR regularly.
Back to top Go down
LRW

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 2:34 pm

You guys are awesome. I'll tell you what, my work just recently started sending me to night classes this month, so between family, work, and school I'm pretty strapped for time right now. But come July / August, I should be finished. So maybe, just maybe, if I get some material written that is really God-honoring and people are still interested, we could start tossing around ideas and really begin to hammer something out.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 4:04 pm

That'd be great! I'd love to throw in a line or two if needed.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 5:07 pm

You are doing a great job unworthy to pray.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:07 am

Downloaded songs and look forward to listening tomorrow at work Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:09 am

That seems to be a very good idea Guilty/Forgiven.
Download the CD and listen to it on a very long trip in the car on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 7:45 am

unworthy wrote:
I'd offer to collaborate but I don't know what I could add lol

Cowbell?
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 7:51 am

Thanks Luke, welcome to this little corner of the web. I look forward to listening to your stuff in a little while after my wife leaves and I can give it the proper volume it deserves.
Back to top Go down
LRW

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:29 am

Ha! Ha! I understand the ongoing volume dilemma all too well. It's funny, because now I just usually wait for the drive to or from work to crank it up.Laughing
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 1:31 pm

your voice has kind of a Guy Ritter vibe to it.. I like it!!

finally got a chance to sit down and listen and I must say I am impressed...
Back to top Go down
LRW

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 3:02 pm

That's quite a compliment, thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 7:30 pm

I've finally had a chance to listen to this as well. I think it is very well done (especially for an indie project). You are an obviously talented musician. I have to confess that when Fundy first shared the song sample (from the CDbaby single) that it sounded like something I probably wouldn't be that interested in. I am happy to be wrong! Thanks for sharing your music with us.

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 7:46 pm

You're more than welcome. I appreciate the kind words! If it's God's will, I hope to work on more in the future. I may also be guesting on some other material depending on the progress other artists make... we shall see! Thanks again to everyone who downloaded and supported this, feel free to burn a copy for a friend! Cool
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 1:58 pm

-Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) Reciep10
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 2:00 pm

-Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) 8554257405_32d2c62268
-Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) 8555366448_c7355e0247
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)   -Welcome to the smalltime- (free album) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-Welcome to the smalltime- (free album)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next