Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shipping costs.

Go down 
+5
Driven
Ahlitah
unworthy
Timshell64
rockerVu2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Shipping costs. Empty
PostSubject: Shipping costs.   Shipping costs. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:57 am

For 12 years I order online CDs.
What has amazed me the most are the shipping costs you have to pay.
The big online stores are not asking much for shipping your CD to your mailbox.

What has amazed me so much is that sometimes you have to pay $ 7 for shipping while the shipping cost are $5.
I've never understood that.
Yep, I know that when you are overseas you have to pay more for the shipping than when you are in the US.

My thought is why you have to pay that much for shipping while other online places ask only $ 4 for the shipping costs.
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Shipping costs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shipping costs.   Shipping costs. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:50 am

I wonder Yvonne if they are adding the cost of the packaging along with the shipping? It was just a thought. I recently had a Veni Domine shipped from Japan and it was only $5.

Tim
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Shipping costs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shipping costs.   Shipping costs. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 12:30 pm

there are other costs than simply postage... including the cost of the packaging material.. the time to mail them, etc... sometimes the cost of postage is part of the money made by the seller.. such as cds which are marked as costing less than a dollar on amazon..
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Shipping costs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shipping costs.   Shipping costs. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:01 pm

I ship CD's myself.

I know generally how much it costs to mail a CD.

I'm sure its different mailing a CD from the USA or wherever to Canada. Then from Canada to the USA or wherever.

Lots of sites, PROFIT off shipping.

Others charge a reasonable amount which includes shipping plus a small amount for handling.

I don't expect places to eat packing costs and such, so including them is not a big problem as they don't really increase the cost that much.

I DO NOT like it when the HIGH shipping costs clearly are inditing they are making a profit on shipping Internationally.

Maybe cause they don't like shipping Intentionally and make it high on purpose to discourage buyers there.

Who knows, all I know is I don't buy from them!

I always complain about shipping costs to Canada. Since I know when most sites are trying to rip me off in shipping costs.

Now I pre-fer to download Lossless FLAC files then I can burn an exact CD if I need one!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Shipping costs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shipping costs.   Shipping costs. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 am

Because my family lives close to the US, we usually use a loophole where we send our stuff to a relative's in NY. It costs a lot less that way, plus we get to see family. Smile

I know that from NV to here (ON) postage is $3.45, so anything more than that is usually gouging, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Shipping costs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shipping costs.   Shipping costs. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:11 pm

Much of it might have to do with you being in Europe. Sending stuff to Europe from the U.S. is much more expensive than just shipping stuff from one state to another inside the U.S.

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Shipping costs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shipping costs.   Shipping costs. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:58 pm

Yes, let's not forget the "I have something you want, and if you want it badly enough you'll pay what I ask" factor in shipping.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Shipping costs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shipping costs.   Shipping costs. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 10:51 am

Is it working like this.
"I've something what you like to have".
So I can ask what I want for shipping costs?
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Shipping costs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shipping costs.   Shipping costs. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:11 pm

I was just looking at Justin Murr posts about shipping... It cost him over $12 to ship a LNJ cd to Switzerland.... nothing fancy.... just the USPS raising rates... A LOT!!! I also wonder about US currency exchange when having to post overseas.... don't know how that factors in but.... just an observation...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Shipping costs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shipping costs.   Shipping costs. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 9:41 am

You have to pay for the CD and for the costs to deliver the CD to your mailbox.
Are that the "shipping costs"?

I know when you are overseas you have to pay more than when you are in the US.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Shipping costs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shipping costs.   Shipping costs. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 10:42 am

I hate shipping costs. But it's a necessary evil we have to put up with.

That's one of the reasons I went totally digital several years ago, however, now I've gone all nostalgic and am buying CDs again and paying ridiculous amounts for shipping - esp from overseas.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Shipping costs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shipping costs.   Shipping costs. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:32 am

you could either pay shipping or pay the gas to drive everywhere to pick the stuff up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Sponsored content

Shipping costs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shipping costs.   Shipping costs. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shipping costs.
Page 1 of 1